Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I hit that dreaded post-lunch wall at work today. So I had a 5 hour energy for the first time. Wow....about 15 minutes later I started having chest pains and sharp sudden pains up and down my left arm. Sure kept me alert though and I wasn't falling asleep at my desk. So...mission accomplished?

Geez, RP! Sounds like you were on the road to a heart attack. Might wanna lay off that stuff.

:ols: at the monkey. Even though it's probably impossible to replicate the success of the first one, I'm glad they decided to do a sequel.

Eh, I should add that while it was a great movie, it was not the holy grail that some made it out to be, it's just the fact that we've been subjected to so much bulll**** lately ( The Dilemma being a prime example) that anything very well done is instantly categorized as a top 10'er.

:ols: at the monkey. Even though it's probably impossible to replicate the success of the first one, I'm glad they decided to do a sequel.

Eh, I should add that while it was a great movie, it was not the holy grail that some made it out to be, it's just the fact that we've been subjected to so much bulll**** lately ( The Dilemma being a prime example) that anything very well done is instantly categorized as a top 10'er.

Todd Phillips hasn't directed a ton of movies, but most of them have been solid. I can't imagine that this second Hangover movie could be that bad.

The problem with the first Hangover was just plain overexposure.

It was a funny movie, nothing mind blowing, but fairly original for a large scale comedy and with some pretty good jokes throughout the film. Innocent enough, but it absolutely blew up by word of mouth and within a couple of weeks it seemed like everyone had seen it and were already killing most of the jokes ("3 man wolfpack").

It also brought Zach Galifianakis to the masses (and to a lesser degree, Ed Helms), and all of the more underground comedy fans (like the Comedy Death-Ray alternative crowd) started a sort of backlash against the film, and it began to be sort of "cool" to trash or at least downplay the legitimately funny parts of The Hangover. And besides that, a lot of other people were already getting burned out from hearing the more notable jokes about Mike Tyson and Zach G's baby from their friends.

If you read anything about Hangover 2 online, it's pretty split between how funny it will be or how much it will suck and become overrated like the first one. I think it'll be pretty solid but it's definitely got a lot of hype to live up to, probably unfairly so.

The problem with the first Hangover was just plain overexposure.

It was a funny movie, nothing mind blowing, but fairly original for a large scale comedy and with some pretty good jokes throughout the film. Innocent enough, but it absolutely blew up by word of mouth and within a couple of weeks it seemed like everyone had seen it and were already killing most of the jokes ("3 man wolfpack").

It also brought Zach Galifianakis to the masses (and to a lesser degree, Ed Helms), and all of the more underground comedy fans (like the Comedy Death-Ray alternative crowd) started a sort of backlash against the film, and it began to be sort of "cool" to trash or at least downplay the legitimately funny parts of The Hangover. And besides that, a lot of other people were already getting burned out from hearing the more notable jokes about Mike Tyson and Zach G's baby from their friends.

If you read anything about Hangover 2 online, it's pretty split between how funny it will be or how much it will suck and become overrated like the first one. I think it'll be pretty solid but it's definitely got a lot of hype to live up to, probably unfairly so.

Any movie that has a Bill Clinton cameo is good in my book. I'm excited.

i dont think the hangover is funny at all, and i find two and a half men funny. I guess i got a messed up sense of humor.

I'm the same way. Hangover had funny parts, but it was largely overrated in my opinion.

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 08:24 PM ----------

It is funny, too.

Archived