Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hey, Gentlemen & Gentle ladies...I understand there's a bit of brouhaha and some differing views right now...but may I suggest some cooling off as we continue a dialogue :)

Let's make a couple of notes: we talk about the closeness of this community and all the work the mods to here for free, and often getting tons of grief behind the scenes you don't see. As a new mod, I've seen much more of this.

I understand your feelings, but for right now keep a couple of things in mind: you all know iheart is a great guy. You KNOW that. You also should know what it feels like if you've ever had to make a decision and people not only disagree with you (fair enough) but actually seem to openly defy you, laughingly "work around" you in the open and undermine your effort. That’s hardly the type of behavior he or any mod has earned.

We talk a lot about family here ,and over something so trivial as someone saying this isn't a chat room a bunch of you are going to act out like little kinds? C’mon you guys.

The "chat room" thing is something I'm told had happened before and having a chat room as part of the site has been discussed. All of this will be discussed.

In the meantime, iheart did something he felt was right and that a lot of people support, including many of your peers. But not everybody agrees. We will ALL talk about it, civilly and as friends.

But in the meantime, all of us , including mods, are human and while not super-sensitive, no ones like to be given a bunch of flak from people he's done nothing but try to do right thing for. So let's chill, if you would, and keep things in perspective and we'll see what things shake out. Fair enough? No one's closing down your questions, use PM's or e-mails are a good idea :)

And picture you worst nightmare over this, and ask yourself if it's really that devastating for you. And then figure it's not even going to be near that bad. :)

Hey, Gentlemen & Gentle ladies...I understand there's a bit of brouhaha and some differing views right now...but may I suggest some cooling off as we continue a dialogue :)

Let's make a couple of notes: we talk about the closeness of this community and all the work the mods to here for free, and often getting tons of grief behind the scenes you don't see. As a new mod, I've seen much more of this.

I understand your feelings, but for right now keep a couple of things in mind: you all know iheart is a great guy. You KNOW that. You also should know what it feels like if you've ever had to make a decision and people not only disagree with you (fair enough) but actually seem to openly defy you, laughingly "work around" you in the open and undermine your effort. That’s hardly the type of behavior he or any mod has earned.

We talk a lot about family here ,and over something so trivial as someone saying this isn't a chat room a bunch of you are going to act out like little kinds? C’mon you guys.

The "chat room" thing is something I'm told had happened before and having a chat room as part of the site has been discussed. All of this will be discussed.

In the meantime, iheart did something he felt was right and that a lot of people support, including many of your peers. But not everybody agrees. We will ALL talk about it, civilly and as friends.

But in the meantime, all of us , including mods, are human and while not super-sensitive, no ones like to be given a bunch of flak from people he's done nothing but try to do right thing for. So let's chill, if you would, and keep things in perspective and we'll see what things shake out. Fair enough? No one's closing down your questions, use PM's or e-mails are a good idea :)

And picture you worst nightmare over this, and ask yourself if it's really that devastating for you. And then figure it's not even going to be near that bad. :)

Thats fair enough. I had a bad day myself, and the reason I was a little upset by it was because he said it was because people were arguing. :whoknows: which we werent. It just seaems that there are plenty other threads like this. Again, thats the only reason I was mad, and I apologize and will cool down. <<<<<random thought.

Guys! Come on over to the new forum. We are all moderators there. :silly:

Whoops, posted and didn't see yours Jumbo. Didn't want this one closed, too.

I respect your decision and will live. I, almost like EA, have had a string of bad things happen to me lately and I feel like I brought bad luck here or something. (broken washer in new condo is just one of them, the rest would be TMI). This was a source of fun, relaxation and lots of laughs. I guess thanks for allowing it as long as it lasted, and I will look forward to a chat room if it ever comes about. Because it's hard enough to keep up with most of these threads/posts, and I know I have never met a better bunch of people on here. Thank you for taking the time to explain it more thoroughly to us. Sometimes that is all it takes to soothe a wound. :helmet:

An explanation is all I wanted..let's hope it gets straightened out

Agreed to a certain extent. Sometimes MODs can go way overboard... this isn't really one of those cases and I don't believe I have seen that on this board.

I've alread sent a PM to iheart saying this... but the thread that was abruptly closed is an EXCELLENT place to discuss what happened without polluting neighboring threads or souring everyone's mood. The whole chat room thing is a bit trivial given the nature of the Tailgate, itself. Again, this is something I messaged to iheart but he did not address (so I assume it is fine for me to bring it up in here).

As far as forums go, this is pretty devastating :laugh:

I, personally, haven't had much luck with PMs thus far... and it would perhaps be wise on the part of the moderators to talk to all of us in one location. That would atleast make the message a bit more consistent than us having to pass along bits of info.

You never thought for a second that they might close the thread??

I didn't say that.

If they were going to, however, I figured that there would be a reason slightly more detailed than "this thread has run its course."

The thread was harmless. We realized all our conversation spread amongst the threads was unhealthy, so we focused it into one.

The chat room stuff is definitley in reference to the Florida girls and their esoteric conversations they used to have on this board in 2003

Some people got miffed by it, seemed to cliquey

IMO this thread hasn't reached the status those threads had, but thats where it is coming from

Archived