Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

That kid's got smarts! :silly:

That kid is clearly a bandwagoner

Props to you for actually following local teams, I don't know if we could be friends if you were from say...MD or VA and were a Cowboys fan. That's just odd :silly:

I was thinking just now about Mike Tyson...in the 80's and early 90's he was the MAN. Knocked people out SO FAST. One of the greatest. I recently watched Tyson the documentary the other day, it's an amazing film. To see him go like he did, in 2005, against Kevin McBride, to say "I can't do this no more, I don't have the heart"...man that was the end of a LEGEND right there.

Says the guy who proudly proclaimed earlier in this very thread to be "special" :silly:<-- yeah, special like that guy right there.

Actually I said I was "speshal." :silly:

Props to you for actually following local teams, I don't know if we could be friends if you were from say...MD or VA and were a Cowboys fan. That's just odd :silly:

I can 100% guarantee that if I were born and raised in the VA/MD area, I would have been a Skins fan, as well as Orioles, Wizards, Caps, etc. I am loyal to my teams because like you said, they are the teams I have grown up with. About 10 years before I was born, my dad (parents are living in Arkansas at this pt) was deciding on one of two job offers to take as a professor at a university. The two that wanted him the most were U of Iowa in Iowa City and SMU. Ultimately he chose SMU because Dallas was only a three hour drive from his home town in Arkie. And the rest is history.

I guess if he chose differently it's hard to say what NFL team I'd be loyal to living in Iowa. It could really be any of either the Packers, Bears, Vikings, or Chiefs but I'm sure it woulda been one of those four. The Rams didn't get to St. Louis soon enough.

But I'm happy with the way things turned out. :D

Ok I know I've posted this before, but I just don't get it...

Why do people who see that there are 10 people in the drive-thru line at Starbucks get in line rather than just get out and go f*ing INSIDE?! This morning I saw a crazy line of cars hanging out of the drive-thru and hardly any cars parked, meaning if one of these idiots went inside, he would get his coffee 10x faster!! Starbucks drive-thru is not that fast even if there are only 2 people in line, but it probably takes half an hour to get through a 10 person line.

Just a rant. Get out of the car!!

Also, when there's a two lane left turn (or I guess right turn for that matter), why do people ALL go in one lane and block people from behind them from getting to the almost empty lane???

For example, I take one of those left turns every morning. I go on the far left of the two lanes. After I turn left I go straight. The people who turn from the right left lane generally turn right after their turn. Now, I understand that these people want to be in the correct lane right away to turn right, but in my opinion there is plenty of time to get over to the right lane to make the turn. But no, they sit there and line up 15 cars deep so no one behind them can get into the "lefter" left lane. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Archived