Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush: U.S. on Verge of Energy Breakthrough

PokerPacker

Ignorance is bliss. I think you both would make a great couple. You sure would have a blissful relationship.

Ha, ha. Real funny.

When you say ignorance is bliss, you should look at yourself in the mirror. :doh:

The L.A. punk group NOFX on Dubya: "Somewhere in Texas, there is a village without its idiot." I couldn't agree with that more.

And lord knows we should all seek wisdom from LA punk rock groups. :rolleyes:

What's funny is your ignorance. Who do you think is best equipped to provide alternative energy? Who do you think is planning on generating and selling you hydrogen? :doh:

Mike, again touting Bush's BIG PLANS for hydrogen :doh:

Look at the quotes Dj laid out by Clinton AND Bush. In 1998, Clinton put in the budget over $6billion dollars for renewable energy in terms of tax cuts and R&D programs. In this years SOTU address, Bush "increased" renewable energy funding by 22%. . . but look at what he's spent since 2001.

$10 Billion dollars, or $2Billion dollars a year.

In other words, we've spend in a week of operation in Iraq what Bush's "BIG PLANS" for the Hydrogen economy are for the year.

Just like a pervious poster said, do you really think an oil man will want to get rid of it and change the economy :doh: Use your brain Mike, a 22% increase of crap is 122% crap instead of 100%crap. In order to transform an economy, you need a budget of $50-$100 Billion dollars. . . just about what Iraq costs per year :doh: :whippin:

Ignorance is bliss. I think you both would make a great couple. You sure would have a blissful relationship.

Ha, ha. Real funny.

When you say ignorance is bliss, you should look at yourself in the mirror. :doh:

The L.A. punk group NOFX on Dubya: "Somewhere in Texas, there is a village without its idiot." I couldn't agree with that more.

This is the same group that had an album called 'heavy petting zoo' where a man was molesting a sheep on the cover?

BTW... epitaph and west coast in general punk rock sucks. East Coast is where it started, and where it's at. :)

The west coast gave us the offspring and green day. Thanks. :doh:

Mike, again touting Bush's BIG PLANS for hydrogen :doh:

Look at the quotes Dj laid out by Clinton AND Bush. In 1998, Clinton put in the budget over $6billion dollars for renewable energy in terms of tax cuts and R&D programs. In this years SOTU address, Bush "increased" renewable energy funding by 22%. . . but look at what he's spent since 2001.

In other words, we've spend in a week of operation in Iraq what Bush's "BIG PLANS" for the Hydrogen economy are for the year.

Just like a pervious poster said, do you really think an oil man will want to get rid of it and change the economy :doh: Use your brain Mike, a 22% increase of crap is 122% crap instead of 100%crap. In order to transform an economy, you need a budget of $50-$100 Billion dollars. . . just about what Iraq costs per year :doh: :whippin:

And just how did you arrive at your budget of $50-$100 Billion dollars? You do realize how big a swing it is from $50 to $100 billion, right?

The Daily Show pointed out that this was all originally Jimmy Carter's Idea:

Jimmy Carter State of the Union 1978:

Every day we spend more than $120 million for foreign oil. This slows our economic growth, it lowers the value of the dollar overseas, and it aggravates unemployment and inflation here at home.

Now we know what we must do, increase production. We must cut down on waste. And we must use more of those fuels which are plentiful and more permanent. We must be fair to people, and we must not disrupt our Nation's economy and our budget.

Now, that sounds simple. But I recognize the difficulties involved. I know that it is not easy for the Congress to act. But the fact remains that on the energy legislation, we have failed the American people. Almost 5 years after the oil embargo dramatized the problem for us all, we still do not have a national energy program. Not much longer can we tolerate this stalemate. It undermines our national interest both at home and abroad. We must succeed, and I believe we will.

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/P/jc39/speeches/su78jec.htm

That's some serious foresight there. Jimmy Carter - great President ... or greatest President? ;)

I have personaly met experts in hydrogen research. Have you? I have personaly been inside a hydrogen research facility. Have you?

You are the one posting propaganda. Not I. I have spent hundreds of hours researching the subject. I have hundreds of links on file, if you would like me to post them you can do the same.

The hydrogen economy is coming. It's inevitable.

According to the Clean Air Research Institute - University of Miami, Total conversion to a hydrogen economy will occur by the year 2074. This timeline assumes current awareness of the benefits of hydrogen as an energy carrier as well as a corresponding level of infrastructure and research development. The assumed rate of conversion can be accelerated by improved awareness, government support, and increased profitability for hydrogen based businesses.

Energy theorist and systems analyst Cesare Marchetti observed in 1976 that the time it takes a major new technology to go from 1% to 99% was between 50 to 100 years, Marchetti theorized that "all this is linked to the learning process at the societal and individual level". According to Marchetti "the spreading of a new technology always follows the rule of penetrating first small favorable eco-niches, aquiring force and momentum for the next step."

conversion.jpg

Hydrogen has already penetrated many small eco-niches...

http://www.jadoopower.com/

http://www.nuvera.com/markets/industrial.php

http://www.generalhydrogen.com/

And for the start of your education, you can go here...

http://www.hydrogenus.com

http://www.hydrogennow.org/

http://www.hydrogen.gov/

http://www.eere.energy.gov/RE/hydrogen.html

That's all dandy but it has nothing to do with what I was asserting. I hope hydrogen energy turns out to work, I'm just saying I doubt that GWB is as genuine about weening us off Oil as a non-oil mogul would be and it's clearly demonstrated by the last five years of downsizing renewable energy sources. I applaud the recent effort, but this is after 5 years of cutting back in favor of sinking the economy in an unjustified war. If the oil companies want to take over hydrogen, all the more reason for Bush to destroy our renewable energy efforts. I actually saw a similar chart on Democrats.com but I didn't post it because I don't consider them to be a legitimate source of information.

Questions about the rest of your post:

Do you honestly think the Discovery channel is propaganda?

What is the point of speculating that new technologies take 50-100 years to reach 99% efficiency? Seems like overly-generalized speculation that could apply to anything. You're reaching.

You should be able to see what is wrong with getting information about energy conservation straight from the oil companies.

Again, I am not trashing the hydrogen industry, I am expressing my doubts that GWB, a man who owes his entire fortune to the oil industry, would be as sincere about conserving oil as someone who had no ties to the oil industry.

Archived