Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*The Official SB:XL Game Thread*

Jofizz

if Roethlisberger did get the ball over it was just before the hit which forced him back. then afterward he brought his forearm forward to put the ball back in the end zone when he was lying on the ground.

but how could anyone see that clearly?

in my mind if you don't see the ball clearly break the plane you don't call it a touchdown.

a tie or close call there has to go to the defense. to get 7 points it should have to be a clear call.

I agree completely. And it appears that the ref had it right to start with when he came in marking it just before the goal. Then changes his mind. The replay call was right, however because you can't over-turn a call without indisputable proof.

It's like a broken record at this point, but how terrible is the officiating in this game? BR was not in the endzone on that dive, and the PI on Seattle on the TD was crap. First the DB pushed the WR, then the WR pushed the DB. It really seems like the officials feel pressured to give the Steelers the benefit on all the big plays. Also, when Seattle's TE "dropped" the pass on 3rd down, it looked an awful lot like a fumble to me.

This game reminds me of SB 17. Although the Skins dominated in stats, they went to the locker room down to the Dolphins at half time, then came out in the second half and took over the game. I look for the Seahawks to do the same in this one.

isn't it funny? the ABC guys keep talking about how much Seattle has dominated play and then note they are ONLY four points down???? :laugh:

so, what happens when the Steelers start playing better on offense? :D

I don't think they're going to, and they're damn lucky to have the 7 points they've got!

Archived