Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My fellow Christians):Is the Antichrist upon us now?

michael_33

Uh, hi there - not a christian, but i don't view the Anti-Christ as my savior. Don't really know anyone who does.

And though i don't like Bush, and would not go so far as to say he is the Anti-Christ - just a jerk.

The biblical concept of anti-christ I am refering to is that a person will be worshiped on this earth like God, this person will appear to be wonderful and do wonderful things, people will really like him and believe he has the answers to life they will follow what he has to say instead of what Gods word says but then things will go terribly wrong for those who follow. SO when you see someone that appears to be to good to be (truth) he probably is....

It depends on whether or not you believe it's actually a man or if it's some kind of movement or force at work in the world. Some Christians believe that homosexuality is indeed the anti-christ.

I only know what the Apostle John said: That those who say that Jesus is not the Messiah are Anti-Christs.

This may help you understand signs somewhat.

The following interpretations do not necessarily represent my personal beliefs.

Matthew 24 tells us of signs of the end of the age:

Vs 4-5. Jesus answered, "Watch out, and do not let anyone fool you. Many men, claiming to speak for me, will come and say, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will fool many people.

Several men claiming to be the Messiah appeared in ancient Israel in the years following Christ's crucifixion and were destroyed by the Romans. Some have also seen modern day examples in Rev Sun Myung Moon or David Koresh.

Vs 6. You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come.

Some have said that this refers to the TV news relating stroies of wars throughout the world.

Vs 7. Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere.

Obviously wars, some have said more specifically the World Wars I & II. Famines have happened throughout time, but have any been so bad as Africa? Earthquakes are also commonplace, yet the one's of late are some of the strongest ever recorded.

Vs 9-10. "Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me. Many will give up their faith at that time; they will betray one another and hate one another.

Christians will be persecuted for Jesus name. Example: Nazi Germany.

Vs 11. Then many false prophets will appear and fool many people.

Again, could be interpreted as Rev Sun Myung Moon or David Koresh.

Vs 15. "You will see 'The Awful Horror' of which the prophet Daniel spoke. It will be standing in the holy place." This evidently something that causes spiritual desolation to Jerusalem and it sits on the site of the old temple, currently where the Dome of the Rock stands. So the temple must be rebuilt first for this to take place.

This is all open to interpretation. I encourage you to search the Scriptures diligently and slowly and discover the truth for yourself.

According to the bible its both a MAN and a SPIRIT...

The spirt of Anti-christ comes from the devil (ruler of principalities on this planet) that influence sinful behavior......homosexuality,rape,bitterness,fear...

Anti-christ incarnate will come as a man, the same way Jesus did in order to sway people to follow his ways..

Interesting. I love the "The End Is Upon Us" discussions. I also love how Bush is now the Anti-Christ. I suppose that means John Kerry is Michael the Archangel. Or is it Hillary? :doh: Like it or not, if anything, it would be the other way around. Bush is against abortion and homosexuality, among other things that Christians believe that the Anti-Christ will try to make people believe are acceptable. And do you really think Bush has the worldwide influence to convince billions of people to become "anti-Christians"? I don't. I know those people were just trying to have a little fun, but just in case they believed it...

Also, as I understand, no one will know the time and place means no one will know the time and place. The signs in the Bible can be interpreted in dozens and dozens of ways, and are no measure that the end time is near, for that reason. As far as I'm concerned, they're just things that will happen before the Anti-Christ appears, whether it be a couple years/decades/centuries. I think the only way to tell is when the majority of people across the globe submit themselves to an influential leader who preaches against Christian teachings and values. Now if you want to believe that the Anti-Christ is among us, that's up to you. But I don't see it as something that one needs to stress over. And as someone already mentioned, if you live your life as a true Christian, you won't need to worry about doing a quick penance right before the world blows up.

i beleive he is on the earth today.Right now the islam faith beleives according to their calendar that their messiah is returning within the next 24-48 months and that he is going to rule and reign the earth for 7 years.In Iran they actually have a hotline where they can call in and talk about it.Sounds might strange doesnt it?Sounds more like the antichrist to me.

Well, that is a new one on me. I have never heard that Muslims believe anything of the sort.

Got a link for this claim?

Archived