Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My fellow Christians):Is the Antichrist upon us now?

michael_33

I am very curious to how you guys(girls) feel about this subject...I think about more and more now days...

With all the terrorism..Osama's videos,Irans remarks lately!I can't help but wonder if this Antichrist lives among us today or are we years from his rise to power?

Oh...And I have a really weird feeling about june 6,2006?Just a bad feeling... :mad:

Does our generation experience this...?What do you guys think about this?

I agree painkiller...But I watched Jack Van Impe the other night and it really got me thinking about it...

I know I can't control it,but I do want to be prepared for it....Food shortages,chaos and such...

There has been much speculation on the rapter on whether it is before,during or even after the Tribulation period...

I just think it may be sooner than we all may think?

All I can tell you is that every single generation since the birth and death of Christ has thought he would return during their lifetimes

So, try to keep that in mind

actually church history says otherwise....

and to answer the question... I would say he is

I agree painkiller...But I watched Jack Van Impe the other night and it really got me thinking about it...

I know I can't control it,but I do want to be prepared for it....Food shortages,chaos and such...

There has been much speculation on the rapter on whether it is before,during or even after the Tribulation period...

I just think it may be sooner than we all may think?

10-20 years

It depends on whether or not you believe it's actually a man or if it's some kind of movement or force at work in the world. Some Christians believe that homosexuality is indeed the anti-christ.

I only know what the Apostle John said: That those who say that Jesus is not the Messiah are Anti-Christs.

This may help you understand signs somewhat.

The following interpretations do not necessarily represent my personal beliefs.

Matthew 24 tells us of signs of the end of the age:

Vs 4-5. Jesus answered, "Watch out, and do not let anyone fool you. Many men, claiming to speak for me, will come and say, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will fool many people.

Several men claiming to be the Messiah appeared in ancient Israel in the years following Christ's crucifixion and were destroyed by the Romans. Some have also seen modern day examples in Rev Sun Myung Moon or David Koresh.

Vs 6. You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come.

Some have said that this refers to the TV news relating stroies of wars throughout the world.

Vs 7. Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere.

Obviously wars, some have said more specifically the World Wars I & II. Famines have happened throughout time, but have any been so bad as Africa? Earthquakes are also commonplace, yet the one's of late are some of the strongest ever recorded.

Vs 9-10. "Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me. Many will give up their faith at that time; they will betray one another and hate one another.

Christians will be persecuted for Jesus name. Example: Nazi Germany.

Vs 11. Then many false prophets will appear and fool many people.

Again, could be interpreted as Rev Sun Myung Moon or David Koresh.

Vs 15. "You will see 'The Awful Horror' of which the prophet Daniel spoke. It will be standing in the holy place." This evidently something that causes spiritual desolation to Jerusalem and it sits on the site of the old temple, currently where the Dome of the Rock stands. So the temple must be rebuilt first for this to take place.

This is all open to interpretation. I encourage you to search the Scriptures diligently and slowly and discover the truth for yourself.

Well since everyone who is not a christian (and some that say they are) are supposed to be impressed with and look to the Anti-christ as a savior to the planet, I would guess by allot of peoples opinions its not Bush

Uh, hi there - not a christian, but i don't view the Anti-Christ as my savior. Don't really know anyone who does.

And though i don't like Bush, and would not go so far as to say he is the Anti-Christ - just a jerk.

i beleive he is on the earth today.Right now the islam faith beleives according to their calendar that their messiah is returning within the next 24-48 months and that he is going to rule and reign the earth for 7 years.In Iran they actually have a hotline where they can call in and talk about it.Sounds might strange doesnt it?Sounds more like the antichrist to me.

Archived