Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This can't be replaced ?

The Green Monk

brunell did not get us to the playoffs, the defense and the running game did. he even did or tried to make us lose a couple with his untimely stupid turnovers. against the seahwks, broncos, chiefs, cards and rams. for a veteran he sure makes some horrible mistakes. i dont want him to lead this team next year unless its from the backup role.

if by saying backup, you mean not in any way tied to the team, than i must agree :D

if by saying backup, you mean not in any way tied to the team, than i must agree :D
You just don't GET it, do you? If you're so f-ing unbiased, why would you say this? There's no reason we can't have him on the team as a back-up, giving bits of wisdom to Campbell, even if he isn't a viable starter.

Go over to the Cowpies boards, Mr. "CowboySlayer".:rolleyes:

'Loser'?

'****'?

WTF's wrong with YOU.....thats MY question?

Theres no doubt there was more Brunell could do for us this year. Theres no doubt he's seen his best days, and they're in the rear view mirror. He's showing his age, and he did fade down the stretch.

That, in case you can't recognize it, is a fair assessment. What you threw out there is utter BS. Brunell did a few other things you failed to mention. He helped us sweep...thats S-W-E-E-P ....Dallas and Philadelphia this year. Splitting with them would've given most of us goosebumps before the season. He got us to the playoffs, and lackluster performance or not, got us to the 2nd round (yeah, you can argue that it was inspite of his subpar yardage that we got there....you could also argue we had the game well in hand and that offensive risk-taking could well have cost us the win).

Get a grip. If you want Campbell to start, tell us why. He's an apparently talented rookie who's not done ONE damn thing in the NFL. Thats not to say he won't. I trust Gibbs knows talent when he sees it. In Brunell, and in Campbell. But that doesn't mitigate the fact that Campbell might well prove to be much much worse than Brunell right now. I hope he lights it up if he is 'the guy' this coming year.

But your post, pretending Mark Brunell had damn near NOTHING to do with our 2005 resurgence, one I've been waiting for for a decade, well....

It makes me sick.

Wow, Tarhog fired up :) I don't think I've seen you this ticked off. Your usually so calm. :cheers:

While the man makes a good point about Brunells production, he then completely drops the ball when he calls him a loser and says he did a horrible job.

Brunell did not do a horrible job, brunell did a quite decent job. Mainly, he didnt turn the ball over a lot. If we want to go to the next level are we going to need someone who plays better? Yes, and personaly I think Ramsey is the best man next season. But lets at least be honest about the job Brunell did. Brunell cant throw the ball downfield worth a darn(with the exception of ill say 4-5 balls all year), but he did the job he was required to do, and did a quite decent job of it.

One thing he didnt do was throw interceptions and put us out of a game, something that Campbell will do and many times im sure. If you think people can just come off of the bench and win superbowls, then maybe its you who needs to go.

For the record, "under Brunell" the Redskins were the hottest team in the NFC the second half of the season.

BS (interesting truncation...no?!) is missing the point made by others and has the "white noise" turned up full throttle: Gibbs has a transition strategy. MB played a role and, by all appearances, played it well. Getting to the SB this season or last season was NOT the immediate term goal (though no one in the Skins org will admit to that). The primary goal was transitioning the team from a losing franchise to one with character. MB is and has been a transition player all along - the surprise, if there is one, is that he will be serving as the role model for JC rather than PR.

as for BS's slightly slanted argument - you can't argue with the ultimate arbiter: the won/lost record. no matter how the Ws and Ls are chalked up, the QB is either accorded recognition for the Good as well as the Bad....or the standard is biased right from the git go. While the obvious is in front of us - an aging QB who has some limitations - it is impudent and imprudent to not see the larger role MB played and to not understand how he responded to the assignment Gibbs very likely tabbed him with.

fixations can be nasty things!

Injuries played an huge part of the decline of Brunell in the last half of the season and playoffs also you look at some of those games there really was no need to throw the ball a whole lot. The second Dallas game our defense gave us a short field most of the game and the running game was working well. The same with the games against the Cards and Rams why throw the ball for a lot of yyards when the running game was working so well and working on a short field.?

While the man makes a good point about Brunells production, he then completely drops the ball when he calls him a loser and says he did a horrible job.

Brunell did not do a horrible job, brunell did a quite decent job. Mainly, he didnt turn the ball over a lot. If we want to go to the next level are we going to need someone who plays better? Yes, and personaly I think Ramsey is the best man next season. But lets at least be honest about the job Brunell did. Brunell cant throw the ball downfield worth a darn(with the exception of ill say 4-5 balls all year), but he did the job he was required to do, and did a quite decent job of it.

Nice post you called it right. I agree about next year as well I hope we keep Ramsey

Come on

In 18 games he threw for 300 yards TWICE

in 18 games he threw for less than 200 yards 10 TEN TIMES

and got worse as the season went along......

game 10 - 155 yards vs. mighty Oakland

game 11 - 194 yards vs. San Diego

game 12 - 156 yards vs the defensive powerhouse Rams

game 13 - 122 yards and 3 picks vs. ARIZONA

game 14 - 163 yards vs. Dallas

game 15 - 112 yards vs. NY Giants

game 16 - 141 yards vs. crippled Philadelphia

game 17 - 41 yards vs. Tampa Bay

game 18 - 242 prevent defense yards vs. Seattle

No point in getting more receivers with this loser at the helm.

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

he couldn't possibly do worse

you lack basic football IQ

You are certainly a jerk. The man got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game and that -- combined with all the other injuries he gotten as a result of faulty blocking schemes -- led to his slow decline at the end of the year. You must be a moron to think that he is a bad quarterback.

TOTALLY UNNECESSARY and VERY RUDE! :doh:

Guest GibbSkins11
Come on

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

lol , i guess u dont want a super bowl title, i bet u thought the same thing about joey t when gibbs had him , if bru had a 2nd wr we would be 4 days away from spanking the steelers

ps what was his td/int ratio u know the thing that matters to gibbs and how many tds he throw vs dallas? how many ints?llllloooollllll:laugh:

ur a cowboy fan i can smell u from ur computer in valley ranch:laugh:

Come on

PLAY CAMPBELL

Man I agree with everything you just posted. Hopefully Campbell will just beat him out in training camp and then we'll never have to see him on the field again!

He's only good for 5-7 strong games in a season, then his body just starts to break down! The coaching staff didn't see this I guess????

Although i typically disagree with almost everything (brunellsuperbowl) you say simply because you seem to just come on here to bash people, your statement about the other three qb's with no pro-bowlers and all that rings very true.

They are better qb's no doubt but i remember a thread late last year stating how brunell locks on to one receiver, if he's not open he throws it away. Many of the moderators and long-time members here either agreed or expressed their worry about that topic and how they believed it was probably true. No doubt i was pleased with brunell and thought he was a big part of our success but many times i also was disappointed in the old veteran calm, patient approach as opposed to a gunslinging young qb who can move the offense.

My point is, I disagree with anyone that says we have one receiver. First off, because in my oppinion cooley might as well be a receiver and also deserves the pro-bowl as a tight end. David Patten was one of BRADY'S receivers and his favorite target therefore even if you disregard Cooley as a "receiver" you still cannot say we only have one receiver. I believe that thread earlier was true, that brunell just never looked at anybody but cooley and moss and that is why whoever was in the number 2 slot never got any numbers.

Already brunell supporters on here have expressed in this thread that brunell had a great year but it is time to start moving on to the future and while that inlcudes mark, it does not mean he is "the guy." So quit bashing brunell, hell half of us probably agree on most of your points but just wont admit it because yer just trashing the guy and always have.

LOL

Your comments are soooo true! (Some people just don't want to admit that Brunnell needs to go)

Archived