Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This can't be replaced ?

The Green Monk

Come on

In 18 games he threw for 300 yards TWICE

in 18 games he threw for less than 200 yards 10 TEN TIMES

and got worse as the season went along......

game 10 - 155 yards vs. mighty Oakland

game 11 - 194 yards vs. San Diego

game 12 - 156 yards vs the defensive powerhouse Rams

game 13 - 122 yards and 3 picks vs. ARIZONA

game 14 - 163 yards vs. Dallas

game 15 - 112 yards vs. NY Giants

game 16 - 141 yards vs. crippled Philadelphia

game 17 - 41 yards vs. Tampa Bay

game 18 - 242 prevent defense yards vs. Seattle

No point in getting more receivers with this loser at the helm.

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

he couldn't possibly do worse

You are certainly a jerk. The man got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game and that -- combined with all the other injuries he gotten as a result of faulty blocking schemes -- led to his slow decline at the end of the year. You must be a moron to think that he is a bad quarterback.

Welcome to the site. Take a few minutes and read the site rules. You should use the search feature before posting. This is a tremendously busy place, and you should only start a new topic if it doesn't fit in an existing thread. There are tons of "Brunnel Sucks" threads you could put your thoughts in. Expect this to be closed soon.

PLAY CAMPBELL

Sure he could, keep in mind he's never started an NFL game. Brunell managed games very well for us this year. It was frustrating to see him throw so many balls away and run out of bounds so often, but Brunell kept his interceptions to a minimum. Brunell also had a QB rating around 90 and over 20 TDs, which is solid. I know we'd all like to see more exciting QB play, but lets just wait to see how the QB situation plays out in training camp. Saunders and Gibbs will pick the right guy, whether it be Brunell or Campbell.

You are certainly a jerk. The man got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game and that -- combined with all the other injuries he gotten as a result of faulty blocking schemes -- led to his slow decline at the end of the year. You must be a moron to think that he is a bad quarterback.

You could debate his points without attacking him. He's entitled to his opinion.

Hey. Even though this is about thread number 103 about Mark Brunell and/or starting J.C. and you may not agree with the post, no reason to call names and such. We try to be better than that here. Take issue with the post not the poster. Besides, name calling against the rules here.

Try this:

The man got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game and that -- combined with all the other injuries he gotten as a result of faulty blocking schemes -- led to his slow decline at the end of the year. I disagree with your opinion that he is a bad quarterback.

------------------

Or something like that. Goes over alot better with those you're debating with and against. Little advice from a veteran poster here.

Come on

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

'Loser'?

'****'?

WTF's wrong with YOU.....thats MY question?

Theres no doubt there was more Brunell could do for us this year. Theres no doubt he's seen his best days, and they're in the rear view mirror. He's showing his age, and he did fade down the stretch.

That, in case you can't recognize it, is a fair assessment. What you threw out there is utter BS. Brunell did a few other things you failed to mention. He helped us sweep...thats S-W-E-E-P ....Dallas and Philadelphia this year. Splitting with them would've given most of us goosebumps before the season. He got us to the playoffs, and lackluster performance or not, got us to the 2nd round (yeah, you can argue that it was inspite of his subpar yardage that we got there....you could also argue we had the game well in hand and that offensive risk-taking could well have cost us the win).

Get a grip. If you want Campbell to start, tell us why. He's an apparently talented rookie who's not done ONE damn thing in the NFL. Thats not to say he won't. I trust Gibbs knows talent when he sees it. In Brunell, and in Campbell. But that doesn't mitigate the fact that Campbell might well prove to be much much worse than Brunell right now. I hope he lights it up if he is 'the guy' this coming year.

But your post, pretending Mark Brunell had damn near NOTHING to do with our 2005 resurgence, one I've been waiting for for a decade, well....

It makes me sick.

Did you see Mark Brunell early in the season? When this guy is healthy, he throws an unbelievable deep ball, and puts amazing touch on the ball on short and medium routes.

Like you, I was frustrated at the end of the season, when MB's performance fell off. But I don't think it's a coincidence that he hurt his knee and suddenly begins to struggle.

And just for the record, I'll take 23 TDs against 10 INTs every single time -- not to mention our first playoff appearance in six years.

'Loser'?

'****'?

WTF's wrong with YOU.....thats MY question?

Theres no doubt there was more Brunell could do for us this year. Theres no doubt he's seen his best days, and they're in the rear view mirror. He's showing his age, and he did fade down the stretch.

That, in case you can't recognize it, is a fair assessment. What you threw out there is utter BS. Brunell did a few other things you failed to mention. He helped us sweep...thats S-W-E-E-P ....Dallas and Philadelphia this year. Splitting with them would've given most of us goosebumps before the season. He got us to the playoffs, and lackluster performance or not, got us to the 2nd round (yeah, you can argue that it was inspite of his subpar yardage that we got there....you could also argue we had the game well in hand and that offensive risk-taking could well have cost us the win).

Get a grip. If you want Campbell to start, tell us why. He's an apparently talented rookie who's not done ONE damn thing in the NFL. Thats not to say he won't. I trust Gibbs knows talent when he sees it. In Brunell, and in Campbell. But that doesn't mitigate the fact that Campbell might well prove to be much much worse than Brunell right now. I hope he lights it up if he is 'the guy' this coming year.

But your post, pretending Mark Brunell had damn near NOTHING to do with our 2005 resurgence, one I've been waiting for for a decade, well....

It makes me sick.

Well said!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I can see your frustration, but unfortunately I think Gibbs is sticking with M.B.. Brunell got us this far and were not that far off from the big picture, as opposed to bringing in a brand new, wet behind the ears, no exp. Qb that will need time to groom and develope...

A jerk? Why is he a jerk? You sound like the jerk by personally attacking him like this. All he was doing was making a fair statement. Everyone hear is entitled to their own opinion, and its not like his opinion is outrageous at all. At least a third of the guys here would rather see Brunell pack up his bags and go.

Come on

PLAY CAMPBELL

Yes, Brunell is quite pathetic -- 23 toucdowns 10 interceptions. Heath Shuler could've done just as good.

With Ramsey you may have gotten 10 touchdowns and 23 interceptions and with a 2nd year QB in Campbell don't expect a pro bowl year or a playoff birth.

For those who don't know

The Washington Post took a poll of who should be the QB next year.

Jason Campbell got 37 percent

Brunell only got 30

When the majority of skins fans want Campbell to be their QB, it is unfair to single one guy out and sh-t on his face like he is a complete moron.

Come on

PLAY CAMPBELL

Thank you thank you I continue to make this argument. I also think Ramsey should stay.

Archived