Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This can't be replaced ?

The Green Monk

Although i typically disagree with almost everything (brunellsuperbowl) you say simply because you seem to just come on here to bash people, your statement about the other three qb's with no pro-bowlers and all that rings very true.

They are better qb's no doubt but i remember a thread late last year stating how brunell locks on to one receiver, if he's not open he throws it away. Many of the moderators and long-time members here either agreed or expressed their worry about that topic and how they believed it was probably true. No doubt i was pleased with brunell and thought he was a big part of our success but many times i also was disappointed in the old veteran calm, patient approach as opposed to a gunslinging young qb who can move the offense.

My point is, I disagree with anyone that says we have one receiver. First off, because in my oppinion cooley might as well be a receiver and also deserves the pro-bowl as a tight end. David Patten was one of BRADY'S receivers and his favorite target therefore even if you disregard Cooley as a "receiver" you still cannot say we only have one receiver. I believe that thread earlier was true, that brunell just never looked at anybody but cooley and moss and that is why whoever was in the number 2 slot never got any numbers.

Already brunell supporters on here have expressed in this thread that brunell had a great year but it is time to start moving on to the future and while that inlcudes mark, it does not mean he is "the guy." So quit bashing brunell, hell half of us probably agree on most of your points but just wont admit it because yer just trashing the guy and always have.

If this were a start Campbell thread, I would agree with you 100%. I to believe the Skins should start #17 next year. But, I will not stand by and let people bash Brunnell or call him a ****, its not right. Secondly, please ready my earlier posts about Patten's injury and the passing games dropoff, they go hand in hand. If Patten didn't go on Ir (retrospect, Joe Gibbs knows and in so many words admitted it was a mistake) he could have returned for the playoffs and it may have been a different story. No arguments on starting Campbell, and having Brunnell as a strong #2.

Do you understand what QB rating is? If you throw the ball away on a constant basis instead of giving a wideout a chance like a Big Ben does the rating stays high

Brunell is a joke. Why do you think Jacksonville benched him? He hada 81 rating when he was benched. They knew you can not win football games vs good teams just throwing the ball away when nobody is wide open

The Redskins did not have 1 reciever. They had 1 pro bowl reciever. A good qb DOES NOT NEED 2 PRO BOWL recievers. Look at Tom Brady, Drew Breese. Hassleback. They have 0 pro bowl recievers

lol Are you serious? I think you're a rabble-rousing Dallas trollfan trying to tick off Redskins fans. In case you are serious...

What do you want Brunell to do when there are no open receivers? Do you want him to make a moronic throw into double coverage? Do you want him to get sacked? Please explain this fantastic option Brunell has aside from throwing the ball away, oh wise one.

Do you and the other haters not realize that he was the second highest rated QB in the NFC this year? Do you not realize he had one of the best TD-INT ratios in the NFL? Yeah, he doesn't make mistakes because he's in a conservative system, so why does he throw so many TDs? If he were benefitting from a conservative offense, he'd have 15-10 TDs-INTs, not 23-10.

He doesn't have a lot of yardage...he still hit the 3000 yard milestone. Quite frankly, yardage means very little. You failed to mention how against the Cowboys he threw for four touchdowns and how the Redskins went to a run-first offense in the second half because throwing the ball was unnecessary with a huge lead.

You think Campbell is so much better? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Campbell starting this season if he performs up to task, but what the hell has he ever done in a Redskins uni? He had a sub-40 percent completion percentage against 3rd-stringers in the preseason.:laugh: His TD-INT ratio was awful, against THIRD-STRINGERS.

This is why you Brunell haters aren't managing this team and Joe Gibbs is.

bricucci i did read your earlier posts, and i dont disagree with the dropping off of the passing game but in the however many games patten did play he wasnt getting the ball hardly at all and there were countless threads on here about "patten sux, kill him" that sorta thing (you know the thing we always see everytime ANYONE makes a mistake on this team:doh: ) and i just dont blame patten for that. Everyone on the team and staff said how good he was at finding holes and getting open, but i just dont think brunell ever saw him.

Sorry if i kinda made a "start #17" post that was not my intention but ya that's the way im leaning right now. I think campbell has learned an incredible amount from brunell (i mean the guy learned like 4 offenses in his four years at auburn so i'm sure he picks up on things a lot) especially about holding on to the ball and i'm ready to see him play but that's for the best coaching staff in the NFL to decide and i have full faith in them to make that decision. :)

If this were a start Campbell thread, I would agree with you 100%. I to believe the Skins should start #17 next year. But, I will not stand by and let people bash Brunnell or call him a ****, its not right. Secondly, please ready my earlier posts about Patten's injury and the passing games dropoff, they go hand in hand. If Patten didn't go on Ir (retrospect, Joe Gibbs knows and in so many words admitted it was a mistake) he could have returned for the playoffs and it may have been a different story. No arguments on starting Campbell, and having Brunnell as a strong #2.

Brunell needs to retire and go into broadcasting. I like what the Giants are doing. You play the young QB and get another young QB who is solid back him up for the vet minimum. I have no idea why we have so many QBs on the roster making first round money.

The Redskins would be better off releasing Brunell and getting a Kurt Warner someone who is knows Saunders system for the vet minimum . Warner is the ideal back up because with a lot of rest he can light it up

The Redskins would be better off releasing Brunell and getting a Kurt Warner someone who is knows Saunders system for the vet minimum . Warner is the ideal back up because with a lot of rest he can light it up

You want to get rid of Brunell and replace him with someone who is 3X more injury prone???

Brilliant!!!! :rolleyes:

bricucci i did read your earlier posts, and i dont disagree with the dropping off of the passing game but in the however many games patten did play he wasnt getting the ball hardly at all and there were countless threads on here about "patten sux, kill him" that sorta thing (you know the thing we always see everytime ANYONE makes a mistake on this team:doh: ) and i just dont blame patten for that. Everyone on the team and staff said how good he was at finding holes and getting open, but i just dont think brunell ever saw him.

Sorry if i kinda made a "start #17" post that was not my intention but ya that's the way im leaning right now. I think campbell has learned an incredible amount from brunell (i mean the guy learned like 4 offenses in his four years at auburn so i'm sure he picks up on things a lot) especially about holding on to the ball and i'm ready to see him play but that's for the best coaching staff in the NFL to decide and i have full faith in them to make that decision. :)

Agreed, And I for one had no problem with Patten.

You guys ought to give Green Monk some slack. My own biased opinion is that Brunell is not an enjoyable QB to watch. Sure he makes the great throw on occassion ... but too many of his passing downs are embarrassing ... the all-too-many reflexive rollouts to the left, his inability to move quickly in the pocket (especially to sense the pressure and move up), his eagerness to throw the ball out of bounds, his tendency to fumble when hit, his inability to consistently hit the deep-out comback and intermediate crossing-pattern (over the middle), make me want to hide under the couch. It is amazing to me the Skins did so well with such inept QB play (credit good defense, collapse of the Eagles and assorted lucky bounces). I can't help speculating how differently the season would have turned out had Brunell not made the 2nd bomb in the Dallas game (which some argue was a lucky shot) and Josh Brown didn't miss the FG in the Seattle game. My guess is that Brunell might not have played very long ... Ramsey would have been brought back ... and ???????????? At least it would have been more fun, getting into the second round of the playoffs notwithstanding. Winning is nice, but not if it is ugly.

You are forgetting, brunellsuperbowl, the already established point that with a lot of rest, brunell too can "light it up." AKA the beginning of the season. Brunell is a great team-guy and a good mentor to have around for the younger guy(s) and would make a great back-up. Besides if that is what happened then i would guarantee he would retire after next year and you could finally be happy and tell everyone how great it is that he finally retired.

O and to the "brunell is the worst starting qb in the nfl" remark, dont forget didn't these guys start some games this year???

1) Joey Harrinton (already stated)

2) Jeff Garcia (already stated)

3) Trent Dilfer (a mirror image of brunell)

4) Kyle Boller

5) #1 DRAFT PICK Alex Smith

the list could go on man and you can argue that most of them had some incredible games where they lit the defenses up and all that stuff but so did brunell so don't tell me how good any of those guys are. Don't argue/bash people that partially agree with you in a less radical way and dont bash players that helped get this franchise finally back on track and headed in the right direction...give it a few years and we'll all be saying remember the team that originally turned this franchise around...o and who was the quarterback??? MARK BRUNELL

You guys ought to give Green Monk some slack. :doh:

the great throw on occassion ... but too many of his passing downs are embarrassing :doh: ... the all-too-many reflexive rollouts to the left (FAULT MR GIBBS!) :doh: , his inability to move quickly in the pocket (especially to sense the pressure and move up), :doh: his eagerness to throw the ball out of bounds, his tendency to fumble when hit, his inability to consistently hit the deep-out comback and intermediate crossing-pattern (over the middle), make me want to hide under the couch. It is amazing to me the Skins did so well with such inept QB play (credit good defense, collapse of the Eagles and assorted lucky bounces). I can't help speculating how differently the season would have turned out had Brunell not made the 2nd bomb in the Dallas game (which some argue was a lucky shot) and Josh Brown didn't miss the FG in the Seattle game. My guess is that Brunell might not have played very long ... Ramsey would have been brought back ... and (THROWN MANY MORE INTS, BEEN SACKED ALOT MORE) :doh: ???????????? At least it would have been more fun, getting into the second round of the playoffs notwithstanding. Winning is nice, but not if it is ugly.

Would you rather lose with style???? :doh:

all good points greggpeck99 but (and i have a feeling you know this so im not rippin on you) that didnt happen, we did win those games in an extroardinary fashion and the season probably pivoted on those two HUGE plays. Unfortunately i think many of us do feel that way about brunell and due to the incredible pressure and importance of that position i think many of us (or at least i did) felt like they were riding a thin line between expecting to win and hoping to win because towards the end of the season when he started to get a little run down and tired (hell he's as old if not older then favre---35) you just never knew if he was going to be able to move the offense (save for a few games).

So fortunately those things DID happen but you are certainly right about it being sometimes tough and worrying to watch him play.

You guys ought to give Green Monk some slack. My own biased opinion is that Brunell is not an enjoyable QB to watch.

It's not the fact that he's criticizing Brunell, it's how he's doing it. He's using faulty arguments and adding unnecessary personal insults about Brunell. Totally classless.

You are forgetting, brunellsuperbowl, the already established point that with a lot of rest, brunell too can "light it up." AKA the beginning of the season. Brunell is a great team-guy and a good mentor to have around for the younger guy(s) and would make a great back-up. Besides if that is what happened then i would guarantee he would retire after next year and you could finally be happy and tell everyone how great it is that he finally retired.

O and to the "brunell is the worst starting qb in the nfl" remark, dont forget didn't these guys start some games this year???

1) Joey Harrinton (already stated)

2) Jeff Garcia (already stated)

3) Trent Dilfer (a mirror image of brunell)

4) Kyle Boller

5) #1 DRAFT PICK Alex Smith

the list could go on man and you can argue that most of them had some incredible games where they lit the defenses up and all that stuff but so did brunell so don't tell me how good any of those guys are. Don't argue/bash people that partially agree with you in a less radical way and dont bash players that helped get this franchise finally back on track and headed in the right direction...give it a few years and we'll all be saying remember the team that originally turned this franchise around...o and who was the quarterback??? MARK BRUNELL

lmaooooooooo. You named 6 young QBs in starting that Brunell is better then. And he still would never start for those teams because half of those QBs will get better with age, Brunell is getting worst.

You are making my point. If we ever want to play on SB sunday we need a QB in the top 6. Not a QB in the bottom 10

Brunell has proven for a decade plus that he is not good enough to win a super bowl

In his prime he had two pro bowl wide outs and always had his worst games at the end of the yr.

Now Brunell is past his prime. He is not going to win a super bowl. It does not take 3 yrs to realize that Brunell can not play at the same level for a 19 game season

Lets say Brunell plays well in the pre season like he did in Jacksonville and here. He starts. We go 5-2. Then his play drops off. We can not bring a rookie QB who had no reps with starters ever. We might as well make Campbell third and red shirt him for a second yr in a row

i pray that brunell isnt our starter next season. he could be a good backup but he cant withstand a full season anymore. i would rather ramsey be our qb this year, but i know thats not gonna happen, so i wouldnt mind seeing cambell get through his bumbs and bruises this year.

Brunell will Be the skins starting QB next season, so those of you who love to bash him will have a whole season to do it again. Brunell is the man.

the man of what? The man of his family? A man of God? He is certanly not the man of anything that is football releated. He has been no super bowls his whole career. Has been benched 2 times the past 3 yrs.

lmaooooooooo. You named 6 young QBs in starting that Brunell is better then. And he still would never start for those teams because half of those QBs will get better with age, Brunell is getting worst.

You are making my point. If we ever want to play on SB sunday we need a QB in the top 6. Not a QB in the bottom 10

hey bro, read back through my posts and see if i ever said i hope or think brunell should be the starter next year or that he is in the top 6 qb's. Damn man i already told you i agree with you and you are once again bashing people that agree with you. And besides your exact words were, he is the worst starting qb, in the nfl. NO he is not. You said nothing about age or who will get better or any of that. I simply stated qb's that start that he is better than and you just made MY point.

You arent paying any attention to what people are saying or how they are answering your remarks. Other than hating the redskins, what is your problem?

If we had a lesser Coach, then I might have questions about Brunell vs Campbell vs Ramsey going into next season, simply based upon the slipping performance of Brunell at year's end. However, we've got Joe Gibbs at the helm. I will defer to his Hall of Fame judgment.

Archived