Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This can't be replaced ?

The Green Monk

"****"?

You joined after the season ended. You've made six posts, all of them trashing brunell, and in one you offered a lame-azz invitation to some cyber-physcial confrontation between you and another poster who called you on your comments.

Personally I'd rather believe you were just a troll.

There are four maybe five people on this site that find it much more meaningful to constantly rail about Brunell, often in the most personally slanderous manner, and coming off more like they were life-long Dallas fans (and the worst examples of them) still bitter about being swept and knocked out of the play-offs by the Redskins.

They seem to be almost dementedly driven. They indulge in this activity with much greater fervor than celebrating any of the season's high-points when we had them, or celebrating the 'skins in general. By evidence, they primarily live and breathe on this site primarily for trashing Brunell. Which is an embarrassingly and singularly pathetic summarization of a season with some performances that were poor, sometimes due to injury, and other times were great, and always were in the best tradition of the Redskins for heart, courage, and following what his head coach set for him: trying to do everything he could to help his team win.

His play has been thoroughly and objectively delineated here by many, with full acknowledgment of shortcomings and assets, and with a real range of respectfully differing degrees of endorsement/criticism among the vast, vast, majority of informed Redskins fans. But only this tiny, noisy, cluster continues to bash away in such a fixated and excessive degree.

When I look at what you few bring to the table, and only based on how you've presented yourself on this board...it's...well, it's a lot of things, none good. Damn. Restraint can be a real bee-awtch sometimes.

Luckily for 'The Green Monk', we're more forgiving of substandard performance than he is :laugh:

I would've been here a lot sooner but I must have edited 36 times to try not to, uh, do some of the stuff I can do real real good at but shouldn't :laugh:

Yes, Brunell is quite pathetic -- 23 toucdowns 10 interceptions. Heath Shuler could've done just as good.

With Ramsey you may have gotten 10 touchdowns and 23 interceptions and with a 2nd year QB in Campbell don't expect a pro bowl year or a playoff birth.

Lets not forget all of MB's fumbles this and especially last year, those always seem to get swept under the rug.

When I look at Brunell's season, the one play that sticks out is the run he had on 3rd and 25 in Dallas. That's a play he and only he could have made, not Campbell, and definitely not Ramsey. The guy may be getting up there in years, but he still has the veteran presence to make plays out of nothing. The future may be Campbell, but he's not the immediate.

Or Tony Banks. Lets all just be thankful we have a quarterback that can get the ball from the center. :doh:

Toney Banks was actually 8-6 as a starter that did not go through any mini camps and was picked up after the first or second exhibition game. to do that it is just remarkable I wish the redskins had kept him around.

A jerk? Why is he a jerk? You sound like the jerk by personally attacking him like this.

Why are you attacking the guy who called Monk a jerk, but not calling out Monk who labeled the team's QB a loser and a ****. Isn't that a hypocritical double-standard in service to your bias?

All he was doing was making a fair statement. Everyone hear is entitled to their own opinion, and its not like his opinion is outrageous at all.

And it's a matter of opinion as to whether his statement is fair, or outrageous, or not, isn't it? And aren't those opinions what the reactions in this thread are about?

At least a third of the guys here would rather see Brunell pack up his bags and go.

You've been here two months and you know the board? A third? How do you come by that? Is your Primary Resource Center located somewhere on your person by any chance ;) And have you searched for and read the polls taken here in the recent past that might be related to that subject; no. My own reading of the baord, not scientifci either, is that you're way, way off if you think a third of the people posting here have expressed a desire to see Brunell "pack up his bags and go".

Not trying to jump all over just for fun or to razz you. Just thought what you said merited examination.

For those who don't know

The Washington Post took a poll of who should be the QB next year.

Jason Campbell got 37 percent

Brunell only got 30

When the majority of skins fans want Campbell to be their QB...<edit>

Here's the link and a couple important pieces of data not quoted by NW.

So the way the numbers read, no one of the three QB's had over 50% needed to represent the majority of 'skins fans, NW, though campbell got the most votes out of the choices offered. Interesting, and surprising to me, that "other" got more votes than Ramsey.

Also, most of us are aware that these polls have little useful significance besides giving a random, unknown-sized group of people who happened to see it and love to give their opinon, doing so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/22/AR2006012201067.html?sub=AR

THEPOLL

Monday, January 23, 2006; Page E02

We were having a little trouble letting go of the Washington Redskins season and we wondered who, if you ran the team (and, FYI, you don't ), would be your starting quarterback next year.

Mark Brunell: 30.1 percent

Patrick Ramsey: 15.2 percent

Jason Campbell: 37 percent

Other: 17.7 percent

Here's the link and a couple important pieces of data not quoted by NW.

So the way the numbers read, no one of the three QB's had over 50% needed to represent the majority of 'skins fans, NW, though campbell got the most votes out of the choices offered. Interesting, and surprising to me, that "other" got more votes than Ramsey.

Also, most of us are aware that these polls have little useful significance besides giving a random, unknown-sized group of people who happened to see it and love to give their opinon, doing so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/22/AR2006012201067.html?sub=AR

THEPOLL

Monday, January 23, 2006; Page E02

We were having a little trouble letting go of the Washington Redskins season and we wondered who, if you ran the team (and, FYI, you don't ), would be your starting quarterback next year.

Mark Brunell: 30.1 percent

Patrick Ramsey: 15.2 percent

Jason Campbell: 37 percent

Other: 17.7 percent

I had a statistics professor tell me once that there are lies, There are damn lies...and then there are statistics...meaning that you can use numbers to "prove" anything you want. There are so many different factors in these polls that any sort of "truth" that can be attained is clouded at best and at worst totally illrelevent.

I think this (and the other 800 of these) are a bad threads, but i feel the need to defend brunnell. Regaurdless of how much brunnell stunk up the field in several games, he still made the comeback in the first dallas game. i still love him for that, and the leaderership he displays. However, i would prefer to see them give campbell a shot.

Come on

In 18 games he threw for 300 yards TWICE

in 18 games he threw for less than 200 yards 10 TEN TIMES

and got worse as the season went along......

game 10 - 155 yards vs. mighty Oakland

game 11 - 194 yards vs. San Diego

game 12 - 156 yards vs the defensive powerhouse Rams

game 13 - 122 yards and 3 picks vs. ARIZONA

game 14 - 163 yards vs. Dallas

game 15 - 112 yards vs. NY Giants

game 16 - 141 yards vs. crippled Philadelphia

game 17 - 41 yards vs. Tampa Bay

game 18 - 242 prevent defense yards vs. Seattle

No point in getting more receivers with this loser at the helm.

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

he couldn't possibly do worse

Who do you want Peyton Manning? Sorry he's taken. Looks like the 'Skins made it to the playoffs and even won a Wildcard game...with an old-ass QB...Joey Gibbs must still know what he's doing...

Come on

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

If you had a young QB on your roster, like the Giants do, that could step in in his 2nd year, first full year, and finish top 5 in passing yards and TD passes, and QB one of the top 3 scoring offenses in the league, as Eli did, he'd be starting week 1, no questions asked

But Campbell isn't on that level, period. Stick with Brunnel

Campbell is an NFL bust waiting to happen, 1 good collegiate year with an all star backfield and NFL talent all around him over 4 seasons

Campbell is an NFL bust waiting to happen, 1 good collegiate year with an all star backfield and NFL talent all around him over 4 seasons

Lovely. The obligatory Giants fan. :rolleyes:

(BTW, Brunell and Eli had strangely similar seasons. Both started strong and finished weak. The difference? 2nd round of the playoffs for one, do you remember which? And one is at the end of his career, then other his 2nd year of starting. Forgive me if I excuse Brunell. Now go away)

The original poster and those defending him: No one, I hope, is saying that Brunell played perfectly this year. He clearly is wearing down rapidly, and that should be a major source of concern for Gibbs. When healthy, however, he has the capability to lead a team and manage a game very nicely. Campbell does not, yet. Otherwise, I would have to think that Gibbs would have put him in late in the season when Brunell was struggling and clearly laboring. Hopefully with another year of training camp and preseason, Campbell will be ready next year to be the primary backup and will be able to step right in if Brunell is injured again.

brunell gave us the fourth best year of his career, and he delievered where the offense needed him too. The offense needed him to not throw interceptions, he did not. He passed for over 3,000 yards, and he managed the offense. I dont think Campbell would have performed better.

Come on

PLAY CAMPBELL

I am "shocked and awed" by your comments. I glad you brought up the Oakland game to start posting your stats. Do you remember what is signficant about that game. Its the first game we didnt' have David Patten in the lineup. I guess its just coincedence our passing game fell after Patten went on Ir. He had 1 option @ wr. Give the guy a break, he led us to our first playoff appearance in 6 years. Calling the guy a ****, thats just low, nahh no class on your part. */

Archived