Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This can't be replaced ?

The Green Monk

this is really a dumb debate. I remember people were saying who should start Kitna or Palmer? Kitna had a real good season! Marvin Lewis knew Kitna was okay but slowed down at the end of the yr. He just said Palmer is starting and gave him all the confidence.

I would say make it a open job if Campbell was not hand picked by Joe Gibbs. But when you draft a QB in the first round , the work has been already done. It was all the workouts you saw in order to trade up and draft him.

I agree in sitting him one yr. Let him see how everything goes. But there is no way he is not ready in his second yr. Even in college they only red shirt one yr

You are certainly a jerk. The man got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game and that -- combined with all the other injuries he gotten as a result of faulty blocking schemes -- led to his slow decline at the end of the year. You must be a moron to think that he is a bad quarterback.

i guess i'm a jerk and a moron too, i agree completely.

'Loser'?

'****'?

WTF's wrong with YOU.....thats MY question?

Brunell did a few other things you failed to mention. He helped us sweep...thats S-W-E-E-P ....Dallas and Philadelphia this year. Splitting with them would've given most of us goosebumps before the season. He got us to the playoffs, and lackluster performance or not, got us to the 2nd round (yeah, you can argue that it was inspite of his subpar yardage that we got there....you could also argue we had the game well in hand and that offensive risk-taking could well have cost us the win).

correction.......great coaching, an amazing defense, cooley&moss, and clinton portis running for over 1500 got us as far as we did, not brunell. heath shuler couldve handed the ball to portis, and run out of bounds/throw at the ground just as well as brunell. both td throws in dallas were great CATCHES not great throws, moss stretched out to catch both on his finger tips. brunell blows.

to monk

this board is the official redskins board. You will not get unbias opinions here. If you go to any other website/state/media outlet they all know Mark Brunell stinks and the Redskins defense is the only reason they even won 8 games. But this forum is for extremeskins. That means only post how great everyone the team is. And bash the players who leave. And when you have a opinion they call you a idiot and say stats do not mean anything. HE LEAD US TO OUR BEST SEASON IN YRS. That sounds foolish. Did the Cowboys keep Quincy Carter as there starter because he was the guy who was QB when they were 10-6?

If you want unbias opinions never go to a fan forum. You go to a public site

You'd better watch your step. What you're pissed off about is likely the weekly public beatings you take related to your poorly-backed-up posts that generally make no sense. You won't get banned for being a weak poster, but you might well for telling lies. And stating that because this is the official forum that it somehow impacts what you can and can't opine about, well, that is a lie.

I wouldn't push my luck if I were you, if you want to hang around here much longer. Maybe instead of trashing the site and its members you ought to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself 'why do so many members seem to have a problem with my posts?'. You might figure out it has a lot more to do with their quality than the conspiracy theory you've hatched.

The Brunell haters are just getting old. Give it a rest. Enjoy our first playoff appearance and victory in 7 years (and the QB who led us there).

Trust me, Al Saunders and JG will make the right decision on who will be our QB next season. We will only improve from last season....pending injuries. :fingersx:

You'd better watch your step. What you're pissed off about is likely the weekly public beatings you take related to your poorly-backed-up posts that generally make no sense. You won't get banned for being a weak poster, but you might well for telling lies. And stating that because this is the official forum that it somehow impacts what you can and can't opine about, well, that is a lie.

I wouldn't push my luck if I were you, if you want to hang around here much longer. Maybe instead of trashing the site and its members you ought to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself 'why do so many members seem to have a problem with my posts?'. You might figure out it has a lot more to do with their quality than the conspiracy theory you've hatched.

Are u kidding me? First of all if i am banned it will not effect me in anything i do in life. It is just a message board

Second public beatings? It is a message board.

This forum bashes anything and everything with any opposite opinion. All i have siad was Brunell is a joke.( 90 percent of everyone agrees with me outside of extremeskins.com) And i am going to get banned when i did not even start the thread?

And why do memebers seem to have a problem with my post? I guess because it is ( EXTREMESKINS).COM.

And i have not told one lie. Last yr before i posted the fans loved Ramsey, Smoot and Arrington

The coaches did not like them so much now everyone post how much they suck. WE WILL BANN YOU IF YOU POST ABOUT ARRINGTON AND RAMSEY AGAIN

You are taking it too seriously. It is a message board about football. I have not trashed anyone personally or anything. You are a moderator of a football message board. You should chill out. This is not a court of law

and i never said anything about a official forum. That is something you are thinking about. Not me. I said it is a fan forum so people are bias.

and i never said anything about a official forum. That is something you are thinking about. Not me. I said it is a fan forum so people are bias.
this board is the official redskins board. You will not get unbias opinions here
:doh:

Are u kidding me? First of all if i am banned it will not effect me in anything i do in life. It is just a message board

This forum bashes anything and everything with any opposite opinion. All i have siad was Brunell is a joke.( 90 percent of everyone agrees with me outside of extremeskins.com) And i am going to get banned when i did not even start the thread?

And why do memebers seem to have a problem with my post? I guess because it is ( EXTREMESKINS).COM.

And i have not told one lie. Last yr before i posted the fans loved Ramsey, Smoot and Arrington

The coaches did not like them so much now everyone post how much they suck. WE WILL BANN YOU IF YOU POST ABOUT ARRINGTON AND RAMSEY AGAIN

You are taking it too seriously. It is a message board about football. I have not trashed anyone personally or anything. You are a moderator of a football message board. You should chill out. This is not a court of law

:hammer: :hammer: Now I see, you read what you want to read and probably like to argue on every chat room you visit. You give a bad name to younger posters on this board. Your the reason so many young (in age) posters complain no one takes them seriously. Its guys (or gals) like you that get a kick out of aggravating everyone and aren't here for an actual intelligent debate. For someone that doesn't care about being a member, you sure do spend lots of time here. If you can't show respect to your fellow posters, at least show it to those that help found and run this great sight. :2cents: As far as myself, I'm done debating with you, its pointless.

All i have said was Brunell is a joke.

I have not trashed anyone personally or anything.

come on man, you bash people all the time on here, particularly the guys actually on the team! But you get in the biggest trouble when you bash other members here, and half the time they are partially on your side!

Lord knows at least of us agree with you that brunell is aging and ready to be replaced but there is no need to absolutely tear him, or anyone else apart because they are not jonny unitas or brett favre in his prime or barry sanders.

you are right, this is EXTREMESKINS if you say the players here suck, well skins extremists are going to get a little upset and irritated. if you dont like what players are doin then state your opinion in a little more of a gentle way, thats all

The Redskins would be better off releasing Brunell and getting a Kurt Warner someone who is knows Saunders system for the vet minimum . Warner is the ideal back up because with a lot of rest he can light it up
Vet minimum huh. Warner signed a 1yr deal for over 4 million last year.
this is really a dumb debate. I remember people were saying who should start Kitna or Palmer? Kitna had a real good season! Marvin Lewis knew Kitna was okay but slowed down at the end of the yr. He just said Palmer is starting and gave him all the confidence.
First of all Palmer was the #1 pick. The Bengals can't afford to let him sit on the bench with his contract. Just like the 49ers with Alex Smith. Second, the Bengals went 8-8 that year under Kitna.
this board is the official redskins board. You will not get unbias opinions here. If you go to any other website/state/media outlet they all know Mark Brunell stinks and the Redskins defense is the only reason they even won 8 games. But this forum is for extremeskins. That means only post how great everyone the team is. And bash the players who leave. And when you have a opinion they call you a idiot and say stats do not mean anything.
:laugh: Brilliant!
HE LEAD US TO OUR BEST SEASON IN YRS. That sounds foolish. Did the Cowboys keep Quincy Carter as there starter because he was the guy who was QB when they were 10-6?
Yea, and I'm sure him being a cokehead in and out of rehab had nothing to do with it.

Good lord. No one thinks Brunell was Steve Young last year, but facts are facts. The fact is he played the highest level of QB last year we've seen here in Washington since 1999. Since Gibbs left in 92 we've had a whopping total of 3 seasons where a QB reached 3000+yds and 20+ tds. So please excuse some of us if were a little less critical.

People have to realize there is no point in arguing with people like BrunellSuperbowl and AJ. They don't debate, they rant. They don't listen to other opinions, because in their mind there is no other opinion. Their opinion is reality and it can't be changed or even questioned.

This is hilarious to read because it can literally go on forever.

Please keep trying though fellow extremers....reading 20 pages of this stuff is how I kill time at work. :D

The person to open the minds of BS or AJ should get a special avatar of like, God...or something.

Come on

In 18 games he threw for 300 yards TWICE

in 18 games he threw for less than 200 yards 10 TEN TIMES

and got worse as the season went along......

game 10 - 155 yards vs. mighty Oakland

game 11 - 194 yards vs. San Diego

game 12 - 156 yards vs the defensive powerhouse Rams

game 13 - 122 yards and 3 picks vs. ARIZONA

game 14 - 163 yards vs. Dallas

game 15 - 112 yards vs. NY Giants

game 16 - 141 yards vs. crippled Philadelphia

game 17 - 41 yards vs. Tampa Bay

game 18 - 242 prevent defense yards vs. Seattle

No point in getting more receivers with this loser at the helm.

The 41 yard effort itself is reason to cut this ****, but he consistently plays poorly, game after game....and needs to go

You're taking $ 6,000 for 2 seats and expect me to sit through Mark ****ing Brunell again

PLAY CAMPBELL

he couldn't possibly do worse

thank goodness you aren't the g.m. otherwise the broncos would have a top ten pick and we'd suck even worse. Mark Brunell just led us to our best season since 99'. you think 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions is bad too? i couldn't care less if he threw for 50 yards every game, as long as we won.

And then you get the guys who said he LEAD the team into the playoffs

What games other then at Dallas and Seattle did he do anything to bring us back and win games? And notie those games were at the start of the yr/

No doubt in the pre season with a lot of rest Brunell will look good. But he will stink it up like he did in Jacksonville and here as the season rolls on

Brunell reminds me so much of Shane Mathews. Mathews had 300 yard games coming off weeks of rest. Without rest he would be throwing for 120 yards .

Everybody continues to say Brunell "brought us back" against Dallas. It was his poor play for all but the last 4minutes that warranted a "comeback"

I'm not going to chill out, sorry. Because its guys like you that are putting the quality of this board at risk. I care about that - its pretty clear you don't. That being said, I'm not on you because of your opinions, I'm on you because you clearly implied we don't allow negative posts because we're the 'official' board. That IS a lie. If it were true, you'd have been gone long long ago. Don't assert or imply that again.

And you're right - its not a court of law. In a court of law you have rights. As a member of this community, all you have is the privilege of posting here. If you want to keep them, stick to posting about the subjects at hand and leave the conspiracy theories to someone else.

I'm not going to chill out, sorry. Because its guys like you that are putting the quality of this board at risk. I care about that - its pretty clear you don't. That being said, I'm not on you because of your opinions, I'm on you because you clearly implied we don't allow negative posts because we're the 'official' board. That IS a lie. If it were true, you'd have been gone long long ago. Don't assert or imply that again.

And you're right - its not a court of law. In a court of law you have rights. As a member of this community, all you have is the privilege of posting here. If you want to keep them, stick to posting about the subjects at hand and leave the conspiracy theories to someone else.

Bravo!!

All these Brunell hating threads make me sick. He got us to the playoffs, and did everything Gibbs asked him to do with only one receiver. It was clear that when we were winning, Gibbs started calling conservative plays which led to three and outs. Campbell could be much worse if he is unable to play well in the first half and get us the lead. This year, we will be able to hold on to leads and blow people out with Brunell airing out in the second half under Saunders. If Brunell were to faulter sometime during the season, then I would advocate a QB switch. But this is not the right time.

brunell did not get us to the playoffs, the defense and the running game did. he even did or tried to make us lose a couple with his untimely stupid turnovers. against the seahwks, broncos, chiefs, cards and rams. for a veteran he sure makes some horrible mistakes. i dont want him to lead this team next year unless its from the backup role.

Archived