Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Seattle/Carolina....(Merged)

NoCalMike

I remember someone (Don't remember who or which thread) bashing Brunell for not getting the ball to Santana, saying if we had J Delhomme throwing to Santana it would have been different. Well so far, 1st half

4/13 for 58 yards zero TD's and 2 INT's

Maybe he turns it around in the second half, but obviously that Seattle "D" is playing pretty damn good football!!!

You guys are missing the point. We had ZERO turnovers while they gave us 3. Carolina BTW doesn't have any running backs. Imagine where we would be without Portis, Betts, and Rock. yes Nemo would be ok but does Carolina have a Nemo type? Don't think so. Bottom line Brunell's inability to throw the ball in the middle of the field because he only sees 1/3 of the field most of the time lost the game for us.

Doesn't matter if we're the second best team in the NFC. Teams are different next week, and we aren't playing today. As far as I'm concerned, that makes Seattle and Carolina better.

Next season we play Carolina so we get to see head to head whos better :) As far as I'm concerned we are better because we didn't commit any turnovers despite the crowd noise last week. Seattle I have no doubt we will see in the playoffs again next year, hopefully at Fed Ex field though.

Are all superstar wide receivers this vocal? Not sure if I understand the logic of cussing out your offensive coaches on the sidelines when they all want to win. Interesting!

I didnt mean LITERALLY what Smith did. I meant, is he going to be the one that gets on players when they arent executing? is he going to be the guy that's screaming in the pre-game huddle? I think this is the time for him to step up and be a leader. he obviously has the respect of a lot of the players on this team because of the way he produced this year. I didnt mean he needed to cuss out his coaches or cuss out anyone. I just meant he could be the on to step up and lead this team, take them by the jersey when they mess up and slap them on the butt when they produce

Carolina is one dimensional without Davis or Foster. Not surprising to me that Seattle has been able to handle Carolina today. All they had to do was contain Smith... without any other weapons it definately becomes easier to gear your defense towards him.

I liked our chances against any team in the NFC this year.

I remember someone (Don't remember who or which thread) bashing Brunell for not getting the ball to Santana, saying if we had J Delhomme throwing to Santana it would have been different. Well so far, 1st half

4/13 for 58 yards zero TD's and 2 INT's

Maybe he turns it around in the second half, but obviously that Seattle "D" is playing pretty damn good football!!!

Haha, the exact same thought went through my head as well. It's pretty obvious that, even with an elite receiver, it doesn't matter who the QB is: if the running game gets shut down and the O-line lets pressure get to the QB, he's not going to play well. The difference between Delhomme and Brunell is that Delhomme has tried to force some balls and has gotten picked off as a result. I'm not saying Brunell is the better QB, but at least he managed to avoid making stupid mistakes.

Difference is the pressure. Brunell was getting some time.

And enough with the excuses already. Somehow Philly, Tampa and Seattle were just ALL-WORLD Ds three weeks in a row.

I didn't see him having all that much time, they were all over us pinned deep those 4 or 5 series, but even when he did that Seattle "D" had good coverage. My point is, even if we had J Delhomme pitching the ball, we would not have faired much if at all any better.

No excusses, I just don't think 1 man is the reason we lost that game. I think we need to upgrade a few positions with QB being one of them.

Was it YOU who made the comment last week??? :D

I didnt mean LITERALLY what Smith did. I meant, is he going to be the one that gets on players when they arent executing? is he going to be the guy that's screaming in the pre-game huddle? I think this is the time for him to step up and be a leader. he obviously has the respect of a lot of the players on this team because of the way he produced this year. I didnt mean he needed to cuss out his coaches or cuss out anyone. I just meant he could be the on to step up and lead this team, take them by the jersey when they mess up and slap them on the butt when they produce

Oh I understood what you meant and I agree totally. I was thinking of Steve Smith specifically at the end of the 1st half acting like a complete a**. I think S. Moss could do what you are suggesting if he establishes that early next season

Seattle just scored!

You guys are missing the point. We had ZERO turnovers while they gave us 3. Carolina BTW doesn't have any running backs. Imagine where we would be without Portis, Betts, and Rock. yes Nemo would be ok but does Carolina have a Nemo type? Don't think so. Bottom line Brunell's inability to throw the ball in the middle of the field because he only sees 1/3 of the field most of the time lost the game for us.

Even with Portis, Betts and Rock, they SHUT our running game down. We had ZREO turnovers because Brunell wouldn't try to force it like Delhomme has. 2 turnovers courtesy of Delhomme, I think you're the one missing the point. Again, I think there is room for improvement at QB, but it's not one mans fault we lost that game.

Even with Portis, Betts and Rock, they SHUT our running game down. We had ZREO turnovers because Brunell wouldn't try to force it like Delhomme has. 2 turnovers courtesy of Delhomme, I think you're the one missing the point. Again, I think there is room for improvement at QB, but it's not one mans fault we lost that game.

The difference was Seattle had to respect the run against us...against the Panthers they don't. We should have thrown the ball more downfield earlier IMHO. That being said, Seattle deserved the win...if we can't take advantage of 3 turnovers then we don't belong in the Super Bowl.

Really? Is that what that pass was where Moss caught the bounce off a Seattle defender?

Moss was open before that, but the throw was late.

There's a difference between playing it safe and just being bad and not seeing things (esp open receivers) in a PLAYOFF game.

The two games are DIFFERENT. Delhomme has also floated one which he seemed to lose control of.

What hurts most watching this game is seeing Chad Hutchison giving MH time and opening holes for SA-- and remembering the sad fact that Marty drafted Rod Gardner instead of him. Makes me sick thinking it cost us last weeks game.

Which is why one guy should not have total control over football operations, generally speaking. I know the Pats gave their head coach total control but that usually doesn't work with all that is considered. People still think Marty would have done well but I'm not a big believer in letting guys have total control.

Archived