Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Seattle/Carolina....(Merged)

NoCalMike

Seattle is looking like a superbowl caliber team....it doesnt hurt me, we got outplayed by a VERY good team
Looks like we were knocked out by the NFC Superbowl representative. Nothing to be ashamed about. I don't think Carolina has chance, at this point.

My thoughts exactly...

If the SKins playcalling had been more brave to start off the game, basically, if we played as 'loose' as Pittsburgh, even with Brunell's deficiencies and our injuries, we coulda had that game.

If the Skins playcalling had been more brave (as the players requested) during that three game losing streak, maybe the Skins dont wear out by the end of the year or maybe someone makes a timely personnel switch and we have a home playoff game and go into Seattle or Chicago rested.

I don't know. It's hard to tell what was 'meant' to be, but I see a team that is overall, better than Seattle. One that has more "it."

I am a little disappointed in Carolina's offensive game plan. They did not come in with creativity. They just went with what got them here. Pitts has been attacking all playoffs. I agree, Seattle has a good defense. Their Dline has been stopping the run much better than I thought they would.

Someone explain to me where Seattle's defense came from...

they are all over every play like they know the call..Geez what a defense..

That's exactly what I was wondering too. Where the hell did their defense come from? They didn't play like this during the regular season.

I would agree Nibbs. I think we smacked Seattle in the mouth and the game was basically ours but we let one too many opportunities slip by that would have put our foot on Seattle's neck. We had Hasselbeck rattled, Alexander knocked out, and were on our way to a 10-0 lead(why did you have to drop that C-Rogers)..but in the end we couldn't capitalize on 3 turnovers and our offense couldn't move the ball until a few lucky passes at the end when it was too late. It's somewhat amazing we were that close and outplayed them that well on the defensive side of the ball considering Portis was dinged up and Brunell couldn't complete anything of worth the whole game.

To me, our defense makes us good enough to beat anyone in the league if our offense could just consistently move the ball without needing a short field every possession.

Carolina facing the same problem we have. One reciever does not cut it. And with this Seahawks defense you need a QB that scramble in the middle of the feild

Just two days ago, you wrote that the receivers were fine and that Brunell was the problem. Why the change in posture?

nothing wrong with the recievers. Brunell cuts half the feild everytime he throws.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2140146#post2140146

I remember someone (Don't remember who or which thread) bashing Brunell for not getting the ball to Santana, saying if we had J Delhomme throwing to Santana it would have been different. Well so far, 1st half

4/13 for 58 yards zero TD's and 2 INT's

Maybe he turns it around in the second half, but obviously that Seattle "D" is playing pretty damn good football!!!

I remember someone (Don't remember who or which thread) bashing Brunell for not getting the ball to Santana, saying if we had J Delhomme throwing to Santana it would have been different. Well so far, 1st half

4/13 for 58 yards zero TD's and 2 INT's

Maybe he turns it around in the second half, but obviously that Seattle "D" is playing pretty damn good football!!!

Difference is the pressure. Brunell was getting some time.

And enough with the excuses already. Somehow Philly, Tampa and Seattle were just ALL-WORLD Ds three weeks in a row.

I have been watching this game pretty much from the start (ok, maybe just listening to it, my focus has been on my computer screen and puttin up my 2 cents on here) but i have to say that Steve Smith is proving to me that he is more and more like Santana Moss. The only difference is that Steve Smith will get a little frustrated and voice that frustration when he doesnt get the ball, but then again, if you are watchin this game, he DEMANDED to get in on the punt return, and he then returned it 59 yards for the only points that Carolina has. He is THE playmaker on that team, just like Moss. I'm wondering if this offseason, Moss steps up and becomes the more vocal leader for this offense....

he DEMANDED to get in on the punt return, and he then returned it 59 yards for the only points that Carolina has. He is THE playmaker on that team, just like Moss. I'm wondering if this offseason, Moss steps up and becomes the more vocal leader for this offense....

I can just imagine this board if we were a Panthers site. People would be saying, "put Smith back at PR already! WE need a play here!"

Then the resident reactionaries would be screaming about "we aren't coaches, they'll KNOW when to use Smith. Stop second-guessing!"

You know, how it played out almost all year (and last year until it was obvious we were going to have a losing record.)

I have been watching this game pretty much from the start (ok, maybe just listening to it, my focus has been on my computer screen and puttin up my 2 cents on here) but i have to say that Steve Smith is proving to me that he is more and more like Santana Moss. The only difference is that Steve Smith will get a little frustrated and voice that frustration when he doesnt get the ball, but then again, if you are watchin this game, he DEMANDED to get in on the punt return, and he then returned it 59 yards for the only points that Carolina has. He is THE playmaker on that team, just like Moss. I'm wondering if this offseason, Moss steps up and becomes the more vocal leader for this offense....

Are all superstar wide receivers this vocal? Not sure if I understand the logic of cussing out your offensive coaches on the sidelines when they all want to win. Interesting!

Archived