of Mark Brunnell.

Hopefully people will see what an advantage having someone as football

smart as Brunnel as your quarterback will do for you. Yeah, our offense

sucked but he refuses to give the game away by trying to force

balls out there. Carolina tried to pass their way out of bad field position

and they got burned for 2 interceptions for their effort. The reason we

were even still in the game at the end with a chance to win is because

of Mark Brunnell.

:laugh: Delhomme is playing terribly and it's not just 'forcing' a pass.

Our D is also BETTER than Carolina and an injured Portis is still more of a threat than Jamal Robertson.

Get off the Brunell pipe. Good thing we didn't lose to Tampa, I'm sure we'd hear how we NEEDED 41 yards passing and a dumb late pick because of some other QB's poor performance.

Really? Is that what that pass was where Moss caught the bounce off a Seattle defender?

Moss was open before that, but the throw was late.

There's a difference between playing it safe and just being bad and not seeing things (esp open receivers) in a PLAYOFF game.

The two games are DIFFERENT. Delhomme has also floated one which he seemed to lose control of.

That was in the 4th quarter, while we were down by 14 points. How can you compare that to 2 first half INT's, also that last pass to Santana was on the money, it was just good defense that Santana didn't catch it. And if he had, a lot of people would then be blaming Hall for the missed field goal. :doh:

Face it Seattle has been playing some GOOD "D" and they still are right NOW!

:laugh: Delhomme is playing terribly and it's not just 'forcing' a pass.

Our D is also BETTER than Carolina and an injured Portis is still more of a threat than Jamal Robertson.

Get off the Brunell pipe. Good thing we didn't lose to Tampa, I'm sure we'd hear how we NEEDED 41 yards passing and a dumb late pick because of some other QB's poor performance.

Haha. Somehow I knew you'd be in here Ghost. You have to learn how to pick your spots, man. You've got a tough time on your hands.

There is only 1 reason why we lost to Seattle and that's because we were on the road. Even with a healthy Portis, Brunell, Randy Thomas, Patten and whomever else, we still would've most likely lost.

We don't have the chemistry to be a great offensive team on the road. Our snap counts are too easy to pick up.

We need to fill some holes on our team, mainly depth at WR, CB, DT, DE, and OG. Its not that with a better team were gonna become some offensive jugernaut or the second coming of the Steel Curtain. If we fill these holes then we should be able to edge out those closer games where we could've won and get that bye. (Denver, KC, Oakland, San Diego, Tampa)

With home-field throughout, we have a SB team.

Difference is the pressure. Brunell was getting some time.
What game were you watching? Absolutely no protection at all.

If the SKins playcalling had been more brave to start off the game, basically, if we played as 'loose' as Pittsburgh, even with Brunell's deficiencies and our injuries, we coulda had that game.

If the Skins playcalling had been more brave (as the players requested) during that three game losing streak, maybe the Skins dont wear out by the end of the year or maybe someone makes a timely personnel switch and we have a home playoff game and go into Seattle or Chicago rested.

I don't know. It's hard to tell what was 'meant' to be, but I see a team that is overall, better than Seattle. One that has more "it."

Right, so we should of just gone Spurrier and aired it out considering our first 6 drives started inside our 12 yard line. Think about that one again. I, for one, until today, thought the Seahawks were fake (at least their D). Obviously, I was very wrong. I still feel like we should've had that game but a feel a lot better now that I realize we lost to an extremely good football team.

So if Carolina can beat up a on a great defense like the Bears, how come they can't beat Seattle's 28th ranked secondary?

Why was Carolina the wild-card when they looked like potential Superbowl champs last week?

Simple: JEKYL AND HYDE.

All season long, you never knew which Carolina was going to show. Was Delhomme gonna come out firing lasers or floating interceptions over his receivers heads?

Delhomme is one of those rare QB's who can look incredible in one game and then completely horrible in the next.

Anyway, I always wonder how you can NOT be ready for a game like this, but apparently Carolina was not.

This game shows how good a team we have.

It also shows how many of us have underrated Seattle's defense, in stuffing a good Carolina team, and how potent Seattle's offense is. We did a very good job against that offense, or at least, better than Carolina is.

Also it shows that the pressure against Brunell was not a freak event: they are blowing up Carolina's OL.

We underestimated the quality of this team.

:cheers:

There is only 1 reason why we lost to Seattle and that's because we were on the road. Even with a healthy Portis, Brunell, Randy Thomas, Patten and whomever else, we still would've most likely lost.

We don't have the chemistry to be a great offensive team on the road. Our snap counts are too easy to pick up.

We need to fill some holes on our team, mainly depth at WR, CB, DT, DE, and OG. Its not that with a better team were gonna become some offensive jugernaut or the second coming of the Steel Curtain. If we fill these holes then we should be able to edge out those closer games where we could've won and get that bye. (Denver, KC, Oakland, San Diego, Tampa)

With home-field throughout, we have a SB team.

Our toughest road games next year outside of the division are against Tampa and Indy, we already know we can beat Tampa on the road. I really like our chances for home field, but I really think we can go unbeaten at Fed Ex and 5-3 on the road next year, and hopefully *fingers crossed* not have to go on the road in the playoffs.

Same game you were watching. Most games, there WILL be some pressure, guy, at some point.

The difference is that he DID get time on some plays and just kept rolling to his left and wasting everyone's time for much of the game.

Also, as pointed out a nearly infinite amount of times, because his pass drops are abnormally deep AND he doesn't step up, the pass rush from the ends is exaggerated. He 'makes' pressure appear even when there is little actual pass rush for a normal QB.

Haha. Somehow I knew you'd be in here Ghost. You have to learn how to pick your spots, man. You've got a tough time on your hands.

Bah! I'll not pick spots. That's for people who aren't made insane by their nemesis and continually tormented by the fact he's still being a thorn in their side. And there's no tough time except when you're surrounded by people who want to give someone a free pass, while bashing Samuels as "overrated" or asking to trade everyone else on the roster.

This will all be over when that dude is supplanted and I don't have to watch someone be afraid of the rush, ignore half the field and play it 'safe' on FOURTH DOWN at the end of games.

As for Delhomme, he came in with the highest QB rating in playoff history and was..5-1? as a starter. That's far better at a younger age than our "super-smart guy." Everyone plays a bad game at some point. Not three in a row with endless apologia.

Ugh, what a painful game! I'm not even really a Carolina fan, but this is just sad.

As for the Seattle game, IMO we were just flat out overplayed. Sure, maybe we could have won if we hadn't had key injuries, or hadn't been on the road, or the play calling was better, ect, ect, but that's just football! It's not about winning under the perfect circumstances, it's about winning despite the unfortunate ones. Seattle just outplayed us, and personally, I think that's the best way to lose.

That being said, next year they better watch their backs because this team can taste it.

Hail!

Same game you were watching. Most games, there WILL be some pressure, guy, at some point.

The difference is that he DID get time on some plays and just kept rolling to his left and wasting everyone's time for much of the game.

Also, as pointed out a nearly infinite amount of times, because his pass drops are abnormally deep AND he doesn't step up, the pass rush from the ends is exaggerated. He 'makes' pressure appear even when there is little actual pass rush for a normal QB.

We had to run max-protect formations to get Brunell any time to throw and no one was open.

He certainly didn't help by failing to step up into the pocket and by dropping back too far, but those things go hand in hand with the protection. If the protection is poor then your QB is less likely to step up into the pocket because his confidence drops. There was rarely a pocket to step into anyway.

95% of the time you win or lose because of the lines. Not that Brunell didn't play like garbage, but its hard to have success when your O-Line is getting man-handled.

Archived