Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if brunell starts next year:i put my avatar on the line.

Sherlock Holmes

Even if MB is hurt, he'll still start. Now, being in wheel chair or laying in hospital is another story. At this point in his career, MB knows it's over if he's on the sideline and new guy does well. I expect him to play "hurt" even if it will cost the team, ie last 2 years. And, it's pretty much guarantee he will be "hurt" at some point during the season.

Good day to you all.

It seems a shame to waste this lovely new Sellers avatar, but still, theres plenty of time for MB to get injured.

J/K.

I wouldnt wish injury on ANY Skins player EVER!

But, unlike some people, it's not going to bother me as much because I've realised now that I come on this site for information, articles, banter, Skins news ETC, and none of those will be gone once my avatar has been changed or whatever your going to inflict as a punishment. Banter will probably increase five-fold (!) but oh well.

I feel I have matured a lot on this board over the offseason anyway, and that my views are taken much more seriously nowadays.

Thankyou for your time.

PS, I havent been skulking in the shadows hoping everyone has forgotten. I started that above thread to rekindle the bet.

Sherlock Holmes Lives on!

:D

Not a good bet to make. What gets me though is how many replies expressed negativity about Mark Brunell. I'm shocked. Mark is clearly our best option and is obviously a really good quarterback.

What is it about his performances that those of you who want JC to start disapprove of? I don't think he had any truly bad games last season except vs. the NY Giants at the Meadowlands and that sad showing was team-wide.

Does anyone here believe Campbell would have beaten Dallas on "Sting of Honor Night?" Does anyone here actually believe we'll go farther than last year with what amounts to a rookie QB? (Or even make the playoffs?)

I am happy to have Jason and I am aware that he can be a solid NFL QB but I am NOT under the impression that he should replace Brunell. IN fact, due to his experience under Al Saunders, I'd make Collins the #2.

Even if MB is hurt, he'll still start. Now, being in wheel chair or laying in hospital is another story. At this point in his career, MB knows it's over if he's on the sideline and new guy does well. I expect him to play "hurt" even if it will cost the team, ie last 2 years. And, it's pretty much guarantee he will be "hurt" at some point during the season.

I disagree. Over the past two seasons I think you would be correct, and that Gibbs would allow an injured brunell to play over a healthy ramsey, but during those times the team had other deficiencies aside from its QB. In Gibbs Year 1 we couldn't do anything right on offense, so a QB change wasn't going to change much. In Gibbs Year 2 we only had 2 weapons in our passing offense (Cooley and Moss) and even an injured Brunell was able to get them the ball. In Gibbs Year 3, however, the talent and coaching is there on offense. Gibbs won't allow an injured brunell to hold the rest of the team back, and I don't think he'll hesistate as much to put campbell or collins in. Brunell wasn't good in Year 1, but he also wasn't holding the team back THAT much, and the same goes for year 2. But this year, if Brunell is injured, he will be holding the team back, and I think Gibbs won't hesitate nearly as much to pull him if he is underperforming due to injury or any other reason.

I disagree. Over the past two seasons I think you would be correct, and that Gibbs would allow an injured brunell to play over a healthy ramsey, but during those times the team had other deficiencies aside from its QB. In Gibbs Year 1 we couldn't do anything right on offense, so a QB change wasn't going to change much. In Gibbs Year 2 we only had 2 weapons in our passing offense (Cooley and Moss) and even an injured Brunell was able to get them the ball. In Gibbs Year 3, however, the talent and coaching is there on offense. Gibbs won't allow an injured brunell to hold the rest of the team back, and I don't think he'll hesistate as much to put campbell or collins in. Brunell wasn't good in Year 1, but he also wasn't holding the team back THAT much, and the same goes for year 2. But this year, if Brunell is injured, he will be holding the team back, and I think Gibbs won't hesitate nearly as much to pull him if he is underperforming due to injury or any other reason.

I truely hope you are correct, but it's going hard for the teacher to pull his favorite pet. Given, 1) the favorite will say he's "fine / OK / ready / gtg / etc." even though he's not. 2) We all know Joe likes veteran players. Thus, I still don't see him going with a "green rookie" or career backup unless MB can't limp himself onto the field. I see no difference this year. It's MB to Super Bowl or bust again.

Hate to say it, but it's as good as gone. Why would you want to gamble your deserved avatar on a gamble? There is no way Gibbs will put the season in Campbells hands unless something serious happens to Brunell.

Campbells' day is coming, and with good learning, and watching, he will be an awesome qb, but to throw him to the wolves this early would be just asking for trouble.

This was discussing this upcoming season right? I remeber you posting this last year, because if your talking about next year, anything goes.

if brunell starts next year ahead of campbell, even if campbell gets injured, you mods can change my avatar, my username, my sig and everything else.

thats how confident i am that jc will start.

and thats a promise.

I'm surprised with the amount of people for this idea. I am for it as well

I'm surprised with the amount of people for this idea. I am for it as well

If your Idea is that JC starts over a healthy Brunell, then you should be surprised at what your actually saying. JC will have his preseason. JC is the future, and hand picked buy a Master Jedi. Patience young padawann, patience.

As for the avatar, fear those who reply, "noted".:paranoid:

There is one question ... you bet your avatar if Brunell starts you will loose your avatar but what do you get if your right? Mr Predicto - God of the board avatar ...

Also is it just as long as Campbell strides onto the pitch as starter in game one you win even if it lasts as long as Ramsey did last year you win or if MB tweaks something in the warm ups for the first game and he is held out as a precaution and on trots JC do you win?

Ah well interesting to see ...

• 1 month later...

Sherlock your screwed. I reminded TK about this thread last week and he said he was planning on bumping this on gameday when Mark Brunell was officially starting.

Sorry to ruin his fun..we can let it die so it can come back at the end of the week!;):D :notworthy

Archived