Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if brunell starts next year:i put my avatar on the line.

Sherlock Holmes

my question would be, if brunell starts and plays all next year...when does it stop?

i know it's kind of hard to look to the future now when we had a playoff season last year, but we need to think about a long-term quarterback for the future. i mean sure i like ramsey, but i dont think he's it...not in this town. brunell doesnt have that much left in the gas tank and it makes me wonder how many seasons can he play without making a serious decline to the point where he is benched. gibbs drafted campbell for a reason. sure bench experience can create a better player than throwing him to the wolves, but i think eli has shown a lot of resiliance and has learned a lot of lessons in his time starting that he couldnt have learned watching someone else. i think if campbell were to start there would be no better time than the present. he has a capable back up who can come in and save him and also help to craft him and this offense has a new coordinator meaning that he does not have to switch systems and could be breed under saunders to become the perfect fit to the new offense

this being said, i think brunell is starting...just don't bet the house on it

I think the issue should be decided in training camp and preseason. If Brunell looks good, he should start and be replaced in midseason if we struggle or he gets hurt. The job should certainly not just be handed over to Campbell like in Cincinnati when Palmer got the job after a nice season by Kitna. I have high expectations for Campbell but lets not press him into action.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a grip Art ... Brunell is thoroughly incacpable of executing a Saunders offense ... his reflexes are shot and he is too slowwwwwwwwwww. Watch this year's KC game again ... watch the tempo of Trent Green ... Brunell cannot come close to meeting this standard ... he is gone!

hey tk. my request please give me a brunell avatar or something that doesnt lable me as bad/stupid...because its not a bet or anything, and i didnt disrespect brunell...i just said nows the time to move on ok?

I'm thinking you dug your own grave when you made this thread. This post shows that your confidence seems to be diminishing.

Guest GibbSkins11
yea... it's a shame he led us to the playoffs

maybe gibbs would have benched him if we had another losing season :rolleyes:

playoffs is another step , ud rather have a losing season

+

brunell with a 2nd wr ill be makin you eat crow

if brunell starts next year ahead of campbell, even if campbell gets injured, you mods can change my avatar, my username, my sig and everything else.

thats how confident i am that jc will start.

and thats a promise.

oh no, its up to all you guys, maybe brunell basher or something...
haha..indeed...what have i let myself in for..
oooooooo ****.

i actually am believing to think that we should trade campbell for a first round pick...

hey tk. my request please give me a brunell avatar or something that doesnt lable me as bad/stupid...because its not a bet or anything, and i didnt disrespect brunell...i just said nows the time to move on ok?

nah, its just i dont see why i should get an avater that ruins my extremeskins reputation, and possibly changes the way people reply to my threads.

Where's your confidence now?

if brunell starts next year ahead of campbell, even if campbell gets injured, you mods can change my avatar, my username, my sig and everything else.

and thats a promise.

That's a very bold statement.

Brunell will almost certainly start and, obviously, he should.

Agree.

Guys, why do you worry so much. Gibbs will pick the best quarterback. If Brunell is better than Campbell he will play

Exactly! I think we have put to much focus on the QB issue IMO, seem's to me that we could get to the big show with any QB we have on the roster.

If our "D" plays at the same level as they have this year, and our offense stays healthy, then I have no doubt we will make it to Miami. I will be the first to admit that in a emotional rage during and after the Seattle game, I had some pretty negitive things to say about Brunell, then after a two day cool down, I remembered all the great things he has done for the mighty Redskin's. It was a huge dose of a great painkiller. Then Dr.Gibb's prescribed me some new drug Called "Al Saunders"..... I can tell you this it's very euphoric.

Where's your confidence now?

Well, i think the general consensus is that Brunell is now going to start! thats why my confidence is diminishing, however, answer my question: why should i have an avatar that diminishes my reputation and possibly changes the way people answer my posts? Because i havent said anything disrespectful to anyone on the board or on the team...its not like i said "brunell is &***ing useless and there is no &***ing way he should start. and all you idiots who do think he should start are &***ing stupid"

however, answer my question: why should i have an avatar that diminishes my reputation and possibly changes the way people answer my posts?

Why? Were these not your words?

and thats a promise.

You put your avatar on the line when you started this thread. You've already diminished your reputation by trying to weasel out of the deal you openly made. I'm starting wonder if you haven't been hanging out with jbooma who aslo wore that avatar in the past.

and thats a promise.

he'll start next year, but not in the first game, if the redskins do well next year gibbs will keep him on the bench if not, campbell starts

mark brunnell is good and he did lead us to the playoffs, but how many good years does he have left?i say start someone young..i still say draft charlie whitehurst...and let a vet like mark coach him along, take him under his wing and gel this team for dominance in the near future

why the hell would we draft a quarterback, i dont know if you paid attention to this thread or anything about the redskins but if you didn't notice last april the 25th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft was Jason Campbell out of Auburn, 225 lbs, 6'4" QB to the Washington Redskins. He is our future and I sure as hell hope we start him next season.

Archived