Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expect Al Saunders to bring this K.C. Chief WR to the Redskins this year

inmate running the asylum

Sounds nice but not really what we need.

How can you say that? We don't need a tall, athletic, big fast receiver to compliment our small super fast receiver? The guy probably didn't get as much PT as he deserves playing behind Tony G and the gang. I say bring him aboard. We could use a big guy like him in the redzone.

I agree ZoEd.

However, your sig has been bugging me.

Not to be granular, but it's "Guts & Power"...not "Power & Guts".

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136933&highlight=guts+power

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

I still love ya. :D

I appreciate it. I've seen it quoted about a dozen different ways, Gut & Power, Gut's & Power, Power & Gut ........... Since you so graciously showed me a link not associated with the various Washington mediot outlets I'll edit. Thanks :applause:

Guest GibbSkins11

good call unless he resigns with kansas city he should be a redskin next year,he is a player i have liked whenever he was in a game he went all out:applause: :helmet: :applause:

• 1 month later...
Yea thats not a bad idea, bring in a Former Kansas City Chiefs wide reciever in to Washington to help our other recievers learn the system better. While he can play special teams and help a bit in the passing game.

but are you saying his knee injury is one of the knee injuries that ruin careers(like Warrick Holdmans?)

Kinda like when Spurrier brought in all those Gators. Sounded like a logical idea at the time. :doh:

I posted about him 2 weeks ago.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143863

I would rather have us sign Kansas City Chiefs WR MARC BOERIGTER.

He knows the system Saunders is going to us and he actually plays special teams.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/marc_boerigter/

Former Canadian Football League receiver looking to bounce back from a knee injury that cost him the entire 2004 season … Suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during a preseason contest vs. Cleveland (8/28/04) ... Rangy wideout enters his fourth NFL campaign with the Chiefs … Possesses a combination of height and speed that presents match-up problems for opposing defenses … Sure-handed receiver is difficult to defend as a third receiver working out of the slot … Physical performer whose height and leaping ability make him especially dangerous in the Red Zone … Burst onto the NFL landscape after joining the Chiefs as a free agent in 2002 … Established himself as a virtual “touchdown machine,” leading Kansas City with eight TDs on just 20 catches in 2002 … That feat in itself was a remarkable accomplishment considering that he missed a good portion of training camp after undergoing an appendectomy at the onset of camp … The tallest target in the club’s WR corps, also owns the speed to stretch the field vertically … Is also a valuable special teams performer, working on the club’s coverage units … A true big-play threat, set a Chiefs record and tied an NFL mark when he hauled in a 99-yard TD reception from QB Trent Green vs. San Diego (12/22/02). Joined Green to form just the 10th tandem in NFL history to collaborate on a 99-yard scoring connection, making them the first duo to accomplish that feat since Green Bay QB Brett Farve did it with WR Robert Brooks vs. Chicago (9/11/95) ... Came to the Chiefs vastly more polished than most first-year NFL performers after honing his skills for two seasons with the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders where he registered 111 catches for 2,023 yards with 19 TDs during the 2000-01 campaigns, helping lead the squad to a Grey Cup title in 2001 … Owns 31 games (two starts) of NFL experience, catching 31 passes for 578 yards (18.6 avg.) with eight TDs, ... Also has 18 special teams tackles … Typically scores his touchdowns in bunches, owning a trio of two-TD games during his brief NFL tenure … Including the playoffs, had five two-TD contests during his time in Canada … Has caught 27 touchdown passes in his five previous pro seasons (NFL and CFL) ... Was initially overlooked by NFL scouts coming out of tiny Hastings College, an NAIA school in Hastings, Nebraska … Drove to a CFL tryout in Dallas in 2000, where he was inked by Calgary … Enjoyed a pair of productive CFL seasons, appearing in 36 regular season games … In his two CFL campaigns averaged over 50 catches, 1,000 yards and nine touchdowns per season, including a career-best 1,092-yard effort as a rookie in 2000 … Saw action in four postseason games for the club, including the 2001 Grey Cup where he posted four catches for 114 yards with a TD.

How come I don't get any love?

:(

:D

Marc is a very well respected role player in KC. The fans like him, and so do the other players. At least, that's the impression we in the KC area get. I am not sure he'd be willing to leave KC unless Saunders promised him a 2WR slot, or the 3WR but with more touches.

Great item to bring to our attention, Inmate. He sounds like a very good idea to me, and I wouldn't underestimate the "nanny" value at all. Sure, he has to be a player first, but having a guy who knows the drill can be very valuable.

And kudos on your usual beautiful job (as with bubba) with your paragraphology techniqueness :D

I just want this CBA deal to get defined one way or another because it's too hard for me to get very into these speculations until then. It's like fantasizing about the lottery without buying a ticket.

And Nighthawk, even if you weren't first to post on him, this thread is so brimming with love that some of it is splashing around you now, no doubt :laugh:

I have never been too high on a guy whose best year was 4 yrs ago and only caught for 420 yds. In the three years since his recieving total ombined is less than 2002. And yes 8 TDs in 1 year is impressive, but 0 TDs in 3 yrs is less impressive.

This guy reminds me of Darnerian McCants. He has one big year with a great TD-reception ratio. I just think that whatever forces were at work in for the high TD #s that those forces are unique and won't be replicated again.

By the way do we need a player coach? The Danny has already hired every coach on the market, so is it really neccessary to bring in a player to help WRs learn how to run routes. I can see the mentoring of Jacobs now...

Phone Rings

Marc: "Hello"

Taylor: "Hey man its me again. I'm really having trouble figuring out this play."

Marc: "Not the fly pattern again."

Taylor: "Nah man I got that down, I go straight right? Anyhow this button-hook. How many steps do I take now?"

Marc: "Just run 10 yards down field and turn around"

Taylor: "What do I do if the Cornerback touches me though? Do I run off the field and cry concussion?"

Marc: :doh:

I think it's safe to say that if Saunders thinks he is what the Redskins offense needs and he has JG's blessing, there is no way that Boerighter would pass up an opportunity to not only play in an offense that he knows like the back of his hand, but to also come to a team primed for a very deep playoff run.

That is all assuming that he can handle the pressure of a #2 WR role. The article did mention that he is a matchup nightmare. That would make 3: Moss, Marc, and Cooley.:laugh:

Archived