Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Who Was Most Responsible for the Offense's Poor Performance in the Playoffs?

AJ_Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Remember, true Redskins fans never, never, never say anything negative about our team. If you do, you're an ungrateful, bandwagon jumping, negative nancy, spiteful human being.

Based on that, the team lost because the refs stunk, the team had so many injuries they should have cancelled the game, and because the NFL and media hate us (especially Dan Snyder).

I think the key to our loss was that we lost Randy Thomas, Ray Brown simply could not play continuously with those younger guys. and When Cory Raymer came in for him he looked out of shape and simply bad. He needs to consider calling it quits. WE need to pick up a offensive lineman and Wide Reciever. to go with Santana and place David at 3rd WR

Think about it this way.

If Lloyd Harrison had developed into the shut down defensive back that we all thought he would, then a lot of our moves over the past two to three years may have been different.

Lloyd stinkin' Harrrison's fault. The pansy.

Lets face it... We harp so much about not having a running back to fix gibbs system. We need that 3rd down and short running back more than anything. What happened to MANUEL WHITE!!!

HE has to be the worst story of the year for th skins. He is basically our Jerome Bettis

And furthermore, frickin' Shar Pourdanesh! I mean, what the hell? If that guy actually stepped up and became the dominating All-Pro, Hall-of-Fame candidate that he was supposed to... who knows how many points we would have scored in Super Bowl XL? 50? 80? Go for the hondo?

Shar Pourdanesh, what the ****. Seriously dude. Thanks a lot. <spits>

It was a combination of things... 1)coaches sticking with a game plan that wasn't working. 2)No Randy Thomas O-line banged up. 3)No recievers other than Moss & Cooley. 4)Portis looked tired. 5)They needed a big play early to gain confidents but didn't have the confidents to make a big play early. 6)They've showed us the play much better on O at Home than on the road. 7)Would be nice if Mark had a little more zip on the ball. etc. etc.

The culprits are:

* a hurt OLine

* NO #2 reveiver

* Hurt Mark Brunell

ya can't help injuries... NO NEED TO TRY to assign BLAME on them... unless, however, we're talking about when playing hurt hinders the team..................................

what he said... :applause:

Remember, true Redskins fans never, never, never say anything negative about our team. If you do, you're an ungrateful, bandwagon jumping, negative nancy, spiteful human being.

Based on that, the team lost because the refs stunk, the team had so many injuries they should have cancelled the game, and because the NFL and media hate us (especially Dan Snyder).

Bingo. That's why this board is so useless. If you have anything to say other than:

"Rah! Rah! I love those Redskins! 16-0 or 0-16 makes no difference to me! Dan Snyder could crap on my face and I'd thank him! Joe Gibbs is never wrong and anybody who says so deserves to die!"

you might as well forget it. Waste of time.

If Joe Gibbs were voting in this poll, he would vote the way that I did. I voted Joe Gibbs.

One of the first thing Joe Gibbs did when he was hired was to bring in Gregg Williams as our defensive coordinator therefore he should the get credit for that.

I also feel that it is fair to blame the head coach when the team performs poorly, and I think Coach Gibbs would agree. If you voted Mark Brunell, well, since Coach Gibbs anointed him starter, he should be held responsible, and I think that he would agree if he felt that Brunell was the problem.

It might have been because we lost David Patton, but it was Joe Gibbs who decided to keep only four wide-receivers on the roster and to place him on IR so once again—if you feel that this was the problem then the responsibility falls on Coach Gibbs and I think that he would agree.

Just as Coach Gibbs should get credit for turning this team around from 6-10 to 10-7, and for creating a team that plays with pride and character—that never gives up; fights to the end with guts and a winning attitude, then he should be held responsible for the offensive woes despite the many other factors involved. And again, I think Coach Gibbs would agree. Joe Gibbs never shies away from taking responsibility because that’s what winners do. Winners also fix things, and Joe Gibbs is a winner and I believe that he will fix things. Coach Gibbs is doing a fantastic job, and I am totally confident that he is capable of leading us to the Super Bowl soon.

HTTR! :helmet:

If Joe Gibbs were voting in this poll, he would vote the way that I did. I voted Joe Gibbs.

One of the first thing Joe Gibbs did when he was hired was to bring in Gregg Williams as our defensive coordinator therefore he should the get credit for that.

I also feel that it is fair to blame the head coach when the team performs poorly, and I think Coach Gibbs would agree. If you voted Mark Brunell, well, since Coach Gibbs anointed him starter, he should be held responsible, and I think that he would agree if he felt that Brunell was the problem.

It might have been because we lost David Patton, but it was Joe Gibbs who decided to keep only four wide-receivers on the roster and to place him on IR so once again—if you feel that this was the problem then the responsibility falls on Coach Gibbs and I think that he would agree.

Just as Coach Gibbs should get credit for turning this team around from 6-10 to 10-7, and for creating a team that plays with pride and character—that never gives up; fights to the end with guts and a winning attitude, then he should be held responsible for the offensive woes despite the many other factors involved. And again, I think Coach Gibbs would agree. Joe Gibbs never shies away from taking responsibility because that’s what winners do. Winners also fix things, and Joe Gibbs is a winner and I believe that he will fix things. Coach Gibbs is doing a fantastic job, and I am totally confident that he is capable of leading us to the Super Bowl soon.

HTTR! :helmet:

I agree, with one exception: I think he has a blind spot when it comes to Brunell. Either that or he's sticking with him out of pride, trying to prove he didn't convince Dan Snyder to spend a boatload of cash on a washed-up player, which is what Brunell is.

I had to say "OTHER..."

Of the ones listed, Mark Brunell is the biggest culprit, but the fact of the matter really is that it was a culmination of many different things coming together to cause our Offense to suck....

Namely all the injuries finally catching up with us. We had no legitimate 2nd or even 3rd Wide Receiver down the stretch. Portis' shoulders. Brunell's knee. Randy Thomas going down, forcing us to play Ray Brown (God Bless Him!) and Corey Raymer. We were just too banged up.

If I *must* choose, I would have to say Brunell though. His injury caused him to lose accuracy and mobility, which killed our passing game. That allowed our opponents to stack up against Portis, and then that killed our Offense...

Archived