Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Who Was Most Responsible for the Offense's Poor Performance in the Playoffs?

AJ_Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The poll results really don't mean squat, and don't surprise me at all. I'm not attempting to defend Brunell. His play down the stretch was less than stellar. I happen to believe that Ramsey wouldn't have performed any better. So, hang the blame on Brunell if it makes you feel better, but as I said in my previos post here, there wasn't a QB on our roster that would have changed the outcome. This could just as easily been a post about whether or not Ramsey was most responsible for the Offense's poor performance, but with one exception. The word "playoff" probably wouldn't have been a part of the thread's title.

Injuries, poor blocking, ultra-conservative game planning and other factors were equal if not overriding factors in the offense's lack-luster performance down the stretch.

The poll results really don't mean squat, and don't surprise me at all. I'm not attempting to defend Brunell. His play down the stretch was less than stellar. I happen to believe that Ramsey wouldn't have performed any better. So, hang the blame on Brunell if it makes you feel better, but as I said in my previos post here, there wasn't a QB on our roster that would have changed the outcome. This could just as easily been a post about whether or not Ramsey was most responsible for the Offense's poor performance, but with one exception. The word "playoff" probably wouldn't have been a part of the thread's title.

Injuries, poor blocking, ultra-conservative game planning and other factors were equal if not overriding factors in the offense's lack-luster performance down the stretch.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. The only difference between me and anybody else here is that I get flamed perpetually, with the tacit approval of the mods.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. The only difference between me and anybody else here is that I get flamed perpetually, with the tacit approval of the mods.

AJ, let's make this very simple:

If you feel you have been attacked unfairly report the post. If you have a problem with the way your reported posts are being dealt with, contact me via PM. If you STILL have a problem after that, find another board.

But stop with this 'poor poor me' act. Calling out the mods is not going to end well for you.

Injuries were the reason the offense stuggled.

Brunell was beat up, Portis was beat up, Randy Thomas was out, Patten and Thrash were out, and Ray Brown was hurt.

I agree--plus 6 in a row with the last 3 on the road. That's tuff "up here," as Gibbs would say.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. At the same time, when you continually start threads expressing the same opinion over and over again, people are going to nail you, especially when they feel you are wrong.

The problem is, you start these threads not to debate them, but to have people agree with you. I respect that you stand by your opinion, but at the same time, you have to expect that people are going to offer counter arguments, and when you regect them out of hand, people are going to get frustrated with you.

Jason

I voted other, when you get single coverage every play and can not beat your man then you have some serious issues. My answer Taylor Jacobs.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

couldn't have said it better I hope they cut him this year, hes had a long worthless free ride and has shown no signs of flashiness I can't beleive he was a 2nd round pick ,Thank you Steve Spurrier

Anybody remember who made that ES Thread Generator list?? That was hilarious. AJ's thread reminded me of that, and made me chuckle...:laugh:

EDIT: Found it, courtesy of whitejimmy! :laugh:

Generic Skins forum comment generator:

( ) I say we bring him aboard for an incentive-laden, vet-minimum salary.

( ) He’s too old.

( ) Ever heard of the salary cap?

( ) “Man lands on Moon.” Old news, buddy. (thanks Hired Gun)

( ) Look at me, I have a new avatar!

( ) Ha ha, rival team’s player is arrested/hurt/dead/pregnant

( ) Ugh, another chicken little thread

( ) Look, another prima donna athlete!

( ) This trade proposal reeks of fantasy football thinking

( ) Does anyone know if this jersey is authentic?

( ) Look at my baby!

( ) Lenny P is fat

( ) This mediot is on crack

( ) I hate to say it, but this mediot is right

(x) You should just trust Joe Gibbs, he’s a HOFer

( ) You should not blindly trust Joe Gibbs, he’s old

( ) I’m starting to agree with what the Redskin’s decision on this topic

( ) SUPER DUPER MEGA MERGE

(x) If you’re going to hate on the Redskins, root for another team

( ) I love the Skins too much to let Vinny screw it up

( ) Dan Snyder is the devil

( ) Andyman/Big Al Noga: can you confirm this rumor?

( ) Look, it's my nth post!

Archived