Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Who Was Most Responsible for the Offense's Poor Performance in the Playoffs?

AJ_Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted Brunell and to some extent I'd have to give the blame to the coaching staff. I mean Gibbs always harped on the fact that Brunell plays smart or whatever. To me it looks like the dumb down the play book at times because they don't have the confidence in Brunell.

Injuries played a part too like others have said.

Remember, true Redskins fans never, never, never say anything negative about our team. If you do, you're an ungrateful, bandwagon jumping, negative nancy, spiteful human being.

Based on that, the team lost because the refs stunk, the team had so many injuries they should have cancelled the game, and because the NFL and media hate us (especially Dan Snyder).

That's it? That's awhat you manage to derive from the myriad back-n-forth debating and re-hashing of all manners and degrees of POV's on this site in the 4+ years you've been here? It all fits in that one little pity-party box? Wow.

Maybe I should show more empathy.

Here.

You sound like you've been very, very hurt.

If Joe Gibbs were voting in this poll, he would vote the way that I did. I voted Joe Gibbs.

This reminds me of what Ryan Clark said about Joe Gibb's, "How can you not play hard for him? He takes all the blame when we lose and gives you all the credit when we win."

Just to reiterate. I voted other, it was Randy Thomas' fault for getting hurt. Our offense nevcer played as well without him. That bum.:rolleyes:

I chalk it up to a variety of things, but most importantly injuries to key guys, and we had nobody else step up and make plays ( i.e. bust Taylor Jacobs.)

Brunell's hammy, Portis' shoulders, lack of Thrash, or Patton at Wide Receiver. Randy Thomas breaking his arm. Injuries, and wear and tear from having to make a mad dash, all or nothing run at the end, finally caught up to us.

...and I also think that a healthy Redskin team, with everybody at or close to 100% would have beaten Seattle, with Alexander on the field all four quarters...there, here, or on Mars. Unless they play tougher this week, Seattle will lose to Carolina. Bank on it.

Bingo. That's why this board is so useless. If you have anything to say other than:

"Rah! Rah! I love those Redskins! 16-0 or 0-16 makes no difference to me! Dan Snyder could crap on my face and I'd thank him! Joe Gibbs is never wrong and anybody who says so deserves to die!"

you might as well forget it. Waste of time.

I know!!!! I know!!!

I'm a bootlicker because I don't agree with AJ.

Everyone that doesn't agree with AJ is a useless homer.

I voted for Mark Brunell. However, I also think his regular season performance is the biggest reason we were in the playoffs. So I'm thrilled with the season he had.

I agree. Mark played pretty good this year, especially in those last 5 games we had to win.

That's it? That's awhat you manage to derive from the myriad back-n-forth debating and re-hashing of all manners and degrees of POV's on this site in the 4+ years you've been here? It all fits in that one little pity-party box? Wow.

Maybe I should show more empathy.

Here.

You sound like you've been very, very hurt.

Just get used to it. That is pretty much the canned response you get from a select number of guys on this board every time they can't get anyone to agree with them.

Its actually pretty funny because you can see it comming half the time.

The frustration mounts.........and everyone else is labeled a bootlicker.

No. It was an attempt to see if I was really as much of an idiot and a nut as the self-appointed Gestapo around here said I was. Apparently, most people think it was Brunell. Who would've guessed.

LOL. C'mon, even you must see the fatal flaw in your own poll.

Those who think the "ultimate weak link" was Brunell are obviously going to vote for Brunell, but those who think the problem was comprised of either the injured O-line, a beat-up Portis, bad play-calling, or a combination are going to have their vote split among the other options. That's the reason Brunell is leading the votes.

The correct poll would have been:

Who was ultimately the weak link against the Seahawks:

A. Brunell

B. Offense as a whole

Your results would have been drastically different then. Not to mention all the people who didn't vote because they're tired of your "Boo Brunell" threads.

But if you want to trick yourself into believing that your flawed poll somehow vindicates your obsession, go right ahead.

Just get used to it. That is pretty much the canned response you get from a select number of guys on this board every time they can't get anyone to agree with them.

Its actually pretty funny because you can see it comming half the time.

The frustration mounts.........and everyone else is labeled a bootlicker.

You're right, I know. Most of the time I just move on...but every now and then :D .

Wait a minute??? You mean this thread was yet another veild attempt at criticism of Brunell? Man, why didn't I realize that sooner!

AJ I don't know if even you realize how many topics you have started about the same thing. Let's review shall we?

Twelve threads about the exact same subject...that's only the one's you have started.

12 threads bashing Brunell?? Holy smoke!!

I'm gonna start a new poll:

Aj is _________?

1. Patrick Ramsey's Agent

2. Patrick Ramsey's Wife

3. Patrick Ramsey

4. The chick Brunell stood up for the High School prom

5. Jason Campbell

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I crack myself up...

Interesting blurb from the "Breaking News" section:

Brunell, who appeared washed up after getting benched last November, experienced an amazing renaissance in the first half of 2005. Brunell had 14 touchdown passes and just five interceptions in his first eight starts while averaging 230 yards per game. But Brunell's TD-interception ratio slipped to 10-6 as he averaged just 157 yards the rest of the way. And Brunell made some horrendous decisions, particularly in his interception-riddled first half at Arizona and in his 41-yard effort in the playoff victory at Tampa Bay. Brunell simply isn't effective if his legs aren't right, as they weren't after he sprained his right knee on Dec. 24 against the Giants. And with his 36th birthday approaching, the Redskins are foolish to be counting on Brunell as much as they are in 2006.

Or try this one:

Brunell just isn't the man

I'm the only one, though.

12 threads bashing Brunell?? Holy smoke!!

I'm gonna start a new poll:

Aj is _________?

1. Patrick Ramsey's Agent

2. Patrick Ramsey's Wife

3. Patrick Ramsey

4. The chick Brunell stood up for the High School prom

5. Jason Campbell

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I crack myself up...

6. Bill Parcells

Taking this poll at face value, I'd say other. We were simply out of gas.

Addressing this as a thinly veiled justification for AJ to proclaim his martyrdom at the hands of the blind Brunell-loving Gibbs cronies, I'd like to point out that Brunell could get 100% of the votes in this poll and that still wouldn't in any way, shape or form prove that Ramsey was the better option this season.

You've made your case for Ramsey many, many times. At some point it's time to let the issue go. I can assure you taking your frustrations at your inability to do this out on the rest of us is not an indictment of this board.

Taking this poll at face value, I'd say other. We were simply out of gas.

Addressing this as a thinly veiled justification for AJ to proclaim his martyrdom at the hands of the blind Brunell-loving Gibbs cronies, I'd like to point out that Brunell could get 100% of the votes in this poll and that still wouldn't in any way, shape or form prove that Ramsey was the better option this season.

You've made your case for Ramsey many, many times. At some point it's time to let the issue go. I can assure you taking your frustrations at your inability to do this out on the rest of us is not an indictment of this board.

The only thing that's frustrating is having other people tell me not only what my motivations are, but what I've actually said, as opposed to what I thought I said when I typed it.

The reason they do it is because it's easier to set up a straw man argument, namely that I'm somehow fanatically rooting for Patrick Ramsey, than it is to deal with the substance of what I've actually said, which is mostly about BRUNELL and the fact that he CANNOT lead this team to a Super Bowl victory. I can state the same sentences I've stated a number of times since the end of the season, but it won't do any good:

I believe we have a team that can win the Super Bowl next year, but not with Brunell, who can't withstand the pounding of an NFL season and play at a high level, and not with Campbell, who would be asked to do something only Tom Brady has done in the history of the NFL: win the Super Bowl in your first year as a starter. That means, in my opinion, the only way we have a chance of winning the Super Bowl next year is with Ramsey or somebody else from the outside starting. Maybe we don't care about winning the Super Bowl next year. If so, somebody should come out and say it, so we can all ignore the team until 2007 when Jason Campbell will become the greatest QB ever to play the game.

NOTE: That last line is sarcasm.

Actually I think most here DO get what you're saying, AJ.

If I may?

You don't think this team can win the Super Bowl next year with Brunell.

You don't think this team can win the Super Bowl next year with Campbell.

You do believe the team might win the Super Bowl next year with Ramsey.

Some people agree with you.

Others do not.

You think that those who do not either don't "get it," are blind, useless homers, or are simply big meanies who love picking on you.

What I think most of us don't get is why you need to keep saying it over and over and over again.

I guess I have to be the one to stay things plainly, How about Joe's play calling along with Brunell's inability to make good reads??? I love Joe just as much as the next skins fan but an offense is that much easier to figure out when there is only about 10 plays. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, I would also have to add Jon Hall and Derek "35 Yard Punt" Frost to that list. They both really made crucial mistakes. :mad:

What I think most of us don't get is why you need to keep saying it over and over and over again.

Like I said before, there's nothing more important than the QB position. Brunell is the reason we lost in the playoffs. He wore out at the end of the year when it mattered most, which is exactly what I predicted when he was first put in. This poll suggests a lot of people agree.

Like I said before, there's nothing more important than the QB position. Brunell is the reason we lost in the playoffs. He wore out at the end of the year when it mattered most, which is exactly what I predicted when he was first put in. This poll suggests a lot of people agree.

If we all agree to say, "okay, AJ, you're right and the only one who "gets it," in unison, will you agree to a 10-day moratorium on starting any more "But it WAS Brunell and I WAS right" threads? :)

If we all agree to say, "okay, AJ, you're right and the only one who "gets it," in unison, will you agree to a 10-day moratorium on starting any more "But it WAS Brunell and I WAS right" threads? :)

Judging by this poll, there are about 138 people (as of right now) who "get it", and only 25 who have nothing better to do than hang on every word I write waiting to pounce.

I understand why. QB is one of the most important decisions a coach can make, and I'm suggesting Gibbs may have made a mistake. It hits a raw nerve with the most homer-istic fans, and they feel a need to stamp out my heresy so they won't have their blissful boosterism disturbed by reality.

I think most people here take it for what it is, which is my opinion. There a lot of opinions posted here that are much more inarticulate, poorly thought out, and crudely stated than mine. I almost never direct my words at any other poster, but my criticism towards the organization has at times been sharply worded. The fact that I've been attacked the way I have creates the question in my mind, although far from proven, about whether certain people have a vested interest in not rocking the boat with the team...

Archived