Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you guys think about my offseason move list. Post replies.

MikeSellers45

i love how everyone wants sinorice moss sooo badly just because we have his brother on the team lol

People can be dumb sometimes. Have you seen the Peyton Manning thread yet? This forum is only going to get worse before it gets better, now that it's the offseason =(

Cut:

CB Walt Harris Gotta keep him

WR David Patten Gotta keep him

WR Taylor Jacobs Cut

K John Hall Cut

C Cory Raymer Cut

DT Brandon Noble Cut

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey Traded

LB LaVar Arrington Sticky situation but he either restructures or is cut

Sign:

Joe Jurevicius No thanks, too old

Pass Rushing DE OK

#2 or #3 WR OK

K Nick Novak So basically a new kicker, are we forgetting this guy kicks it straight into the special teams

Draft:

WR Sinorice Moss How can you draft three 2nd rounders???

DE/LB Manny Lawson

WR Martin Nance

Santana said that he wouldn't want his younger brother on his team, always being overshadowed by his older brother.

It wouldn't be a good idea, no matter how good it would look on paper.

I think it would be a bad move to cut David Patten.

In the beginning of the year, I didn't think that he made that much of an impact, but after he got injured, early on, you could tell that teams atleast had to respect David Patten; without him, teams were rolling coverage to Santana.

Cut:

CB Walt Harris No!

WR David Patten Hell no!

WR Taylor Jacobs Hell yes!

K John Hall If he doesn't fully heal

C Cory Raymer Hell yes

DT Brandon Noble Yes

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey Only if we get upper 2nd round pick

LB LaVar Arrington No, restructure

Sign:

Joe Jurevicius Sea will NOT let him go

Pass Rushing DE Hell yes

#2 or #3 WR want a #2, patten @ #3

K Nick Novak ehhh lukewarm

Draft:

WR Sinorice Moss oh jeeeez

DE/LB Manny Lawson no choice made yet

WR Martin Nance as above

I agree with trading Ramsey, signing Novak, cutting Hall. If you asked me earlier I would have agreed with cutting Walt Harris, but I believe he's proved himself a valuable nickle back down the stretch.

I would love to keep LaVar though- he's shown he's an impact player in the playoffs, and hopefully if he stays here he'll be given that chance once more.

Cut:

CB Walt Harris No!

WR David Patten Hell no!

WR Taylor Jacobs Hell yes!

K John Hall If he doesn't fully heal

C Cory Raymer Hell yes

DT Brandon Noble Yes

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey Only if we get upper 2nd round pick

LB LaVar Arrington No, restructure

Sign:

Joe Jurevicius Sea will NOT let him go

Pass Rushing DE Hell yes

#2 or #3 WR want a #2, patten @ #3

K Nick Novak ehhh lukewarm

Draft:

WR Sinorice Moss oh jeeeez

DE/LB Manny Lawson no choice made yet

WR Martin Nance as above

I agree with Jumbo with two exceptions: 1. keep Raymer (he makes league minimum and knows the system) and 2. signing a #2 WR is the top priority in the off season, can't chance drafting a #2 WR, use that pick on a pass-rushing DE.

This is completely idealistic, but I would love to see a DE/playmaker like Johnny Abraham here, and on the other side Reggie Wayne. I dont see anything wrong with Ade Jimoh, personally I like the guy and dont see why he cant be a 3rd or fourth corner. With all this talk about adding depth, i think Ade gives us depth. Lavar is a tough call, Ramsey as well. Jacobs is a joke and people need to let go of him, hes crap. Most guys dont get half the chances he does, and if they did they probably would use them. I dont think our team has that many roster needs, i just think the coaches and players need to work a few things out and come together a little more, and we should be a Super Bowl contender next year. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Cut:

CB Walt Harris(maybe)

WR Taylor Jacobs

K John Hall(unless he gets healthy)

C Cory Raymer

DT Brandon Noble

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey

LB LaVar Arrington

Sign:

WR David Givens(If Patriots don't re-sign)

Pass Rushing DE

#2 WR

K Nick Novak or a better kicker

Draft:

DE/LB Manny Lawson

WR Martin Nance

I'd like to sign Crystal to my practice squad. Your sig is bangin... :point2sky

Draft:

DE/LB Manny Lawson

WR Martin NanceCrystalsig.jpg

Don't know about Lawson or Nance, but I am all for drafting this Chrystal. ;)

I don't like player turnover unless it is a BIG upgrade. Otherwise bring people in to compete for their jobs and work them in gradually.

W.Harris: already done with Carlos Rogers (love Harris as a #3)

T.Jacobs: agreed, bring in a mid priced FA to compete, (possilbe late cut?).

J.Hall: agreed, bring in Novak or someone in the preseason

C.Raymer: he's fine as a back up

B.Noble: fine as a rotation man but I'd draft a late round DT & start working him in (possible late cut?)

P.Ramsey: give him every opportunity to start. Even then only trade him for a deal we can't refuse.

L.Arrington: replace with who? Trade for who? I'd keep him.

J.Jurevicius: I like him, very clutch (something Gardner never was).

Draft: DE, LG, DT (preferably in that order)

Sign FAs: WR2, TE

I agree with the prevailing opinion that we need to keep Walt Harris to play nickel. He's a strong third corner, just not a No. 1 guy. Hopefully Springs will come back 100%. Rogers will only get better.

As far as free agents, I'm in the camp that would LIKE to have Reggie Wayne, but I think he might be too expensive. Brandon Lloyd has also been mentioned, and while I think he'd be a great fit, I don't see SF letting him go anywhere. I'm not too high on Eric Moulds. Even though he'd be a good #2, he'll be 33 next season, and I'd like to have a longer-term option. If we COULD get Wayne, he's our guy, IMO. Patten should be OK for another year or two as a #3.

As far as the DE position goes, I would like to see us sign Kyle Vanden Bosch. The guy's only 27, and plays very well against the run. Add to that his break out season with 12.5 sacks, and I think it's clear this guy's a stud. I also think he's a little more "under the radar screen" than Abraham, Freeney or Mathis, so we should be able to get him for a reasonable price.

Jacobs, Antonio Brown, Frost, Raymer, Noble and Hall should all be gone, IMO. I wouldn't mind having Novak back, but it is true that his kickoffs are similar to Hall's. I kinda hope Indy gets down on Vanderjagt after the Steeler game and let's him go. He's usually very accurate, and has a strong leg. I agree with the earlier poster who wanted Zastudil to come in as our punter.

I think Thrash could still return punts. Betts is a good kick returner, and I'd use him some on punts as well. Could be a pleasant surprise.

I'd like to see Ramsey and LaVar both stay. But I think Campbell will get to compete for the starting job with Brunell in the preseason, so Pat and his $1.7 mil salary are probably gone. If we could get a second rounder for him, I'd be thrilled. But I think he'll only bring a third. LaVar wants to be a Redskin. If he'll restructure, I believe we need to keep him.

If we get Vanden Bosch, I'd still take a DE with our second round pick. I'd take a WR in the third, an OL in the fourth, and a CB project in the fifth. I'm not great with draft prospects, so I'll leave it to someone else to fill in some names for me. (BTW, I do think Lawson, Kiwanuka and Darryl Tapp will be gone by the time we pick, so I don't think those names are realistic.)

This offseason is great, because we're not completely revamping a bad team as in the past. We're just a few moves away from fielding a championship-quality team. HAIL.

Harris is a great No. 3 corner and a good No. 2. No way you release him. It's stupid to suggest we should. He is a bit overmatched when forced to play the No. 1 role which he had to do at times this year, but, that's because of injuries and development of our top 2 guys. We do need another young, capable player at the corner spot to improve depth and protect against injuries, but, Harris needs to be here.

Hall is the interesting call. He's easily lost 10 yards or more on his leg strength. Now, if that's permanent, he's gone. If that's just continued soreness and pain from the earlier injury you work with him. He's a money kicker healthy. We have to ASSURE he's TOTALLY healthy though before entering the coming season with him.

Patten is extremely valuable to us as a No. 3 option where he'll provide us huge matchup advantages over most teams. This means we do need a No. 2 to push him down.

Agreed. My take on Hall is Kickers can be replaced...period. An injury ridden kicker has no value to a team. I like him, but we got to cut him

I like your draft choices. We could use another pass rushing DE, and remember Wynn can play DT, so that would help our depth on the defensive line. We could pick OL with later picks to try to improve there, we need depth especially with Brown out. Offensive guards tend to sink in the draft. Am worried about health problems at CB, would be good to keep Harris and pick up a solid number 3.

I agree with a lot brotha, for the exception of LA. Before we started him 2 teams rushed for over 200 yards against us, when he started only one rushed for a 100 and that was LT and the Chargers.

As far as Harris, Im with ya 100 percent. If he was a great back up he wouldnt give up the touchdowns he does, he never looks back to the ball and plain and simple hurt us in many games. The man has speed but has NO idea where he is on the football field even after many games, we can do way better with another back up.

Would Love to have Novak back, I think hes going to be a better kicker then Hall. The man booted a 54 yarder in Denver that would have won that game if it wasnt called back

Archived