Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you guys think about my offseason move list. Post replies.

MikeSellers45

....................ugh, sorry........

all I could see was Crystal...

not feeling too many of your moves..... MAYBE Hall... but I have a feeling he'll be $$$$ after a month or 2 off....

LA... we'll see... although he is DEFINITELY a keeper....

Patton as well..... was starting to understand and fill his role when he went down...

now back to Crystal....

Here is my take on some of the names being tossed around:

Antonio Brown - He should be gone after this season. Did anyone else watch the game against Seattle? He looked like a deer in headlights after he took that shot early in the game. A kick returner HAS to be fearless. I also don't like the fact of having a guy on the roster that is a returner only. He should be able to play another position, and don't tell me he can play WR.

John Hall - I agree with Art's assessment here. See what Hall looks like after having a couple of months off to completely heal his leg. He would have made the kick in Seattle if he didn't lose his footing on the wet grass. Also, Novak is NOT the answer. His kickoffs were shorter than Hall's and he was healthy.

Walt Harris - I agree with what most people are saying here. He could be a very good nickel corner.

Taylor Jacobs - Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. A complete waste of time and money at WR. He's a Spurrier product which means he is no good, period.

David Patten - Give him more time. He has proven that he can be a reliable WR given the opportunity. You can't fault him for his bad game against the Giants because everyone had a bad game that day. He just needs to keep his mouth shut after a game like that.

Brandon Noble - He is a fantastic teammate according to the coaches and players, but with his knees the way they are, I don't think that he is reliable enough to keep on the roster.

Derek Frost - See Taylor Jacobs (with the exception that he's a Spurrier prioduct, and replace WR with punter).

Cory Raymer - He is an inexpensive and somewhat reliable back-up at center. Those of you getting on his case about having a bad couple of series at guard need to get a grip because he's NOT a guard.

Lavar Arrington - This is a difficult situation to assess without boring everyone. You can't just cut him because you'll be strapped for cash with the cap hit (somewhere between $9 and $10 million) and the Skins will be out of a very good OLB. Because of this people have mentioned that he should just restructure. I personally don't think he'll do this. Remember the WP article in which he states that he won't restructure because of the turmoil caused by that $6.5 million that was left out of his contract? I say the Skins should keep him unless they can get some good picks in a trade, but they can't just cut him.

Patrick Ramsey - Again, another difficult situation. Do they keep him one more year and risk losing him to FA at the end of next year? Or, do they trade him for mid-round draft picks or another marginal player? I, personally, say we keep him. A lot of us Skins fans would like to see what we have in Jason Campbell sooner rather than later, but if Brunell goes down next year I don't think that JC would be ready to run a Joe Gibbs type of offense just yet. Keep him at number three for one more year and Ramsey as back-up. Then they can let PR walk after 2006 and let JC compete with MB as starter in 2007. At that time Brunell will be well past his prime and would probably welcome being a back-up/mentor collecting his huge salary.

Sinorice Moss - Ummmm, NO.

Terrell Owens - I think everyone would agree that he is one of the best talents in the NFL, but is he worth the trouble? If there is a coach in the NFL who knows how to deal with players like TO, it is Joe Gibbs. I'm actually still on the fence about this. It is certainly nice to imagine Moss on one side, TO on the other, Patten in the slot, with CP in the backfield and Captain Chaos shifting all over the place to confuse the defense. That would be an offense to reckon with. But at the same time, you see what a awful person TO is and what that can do to a team. I'm glad that we have Joe Gibbs to make that call because I sure can't.

Joe Jurevicius - There is no way that he is a #2 receiver. By taking him, you would have to make Patten a #2 guy and JJ a #3.

Brandon Lloyd - See Joe Jurevicius. He had two very good games last year, that's it. Would you be willing to spend a lot of money on that?

Reggie Wayne - He is the biggest unkown in FA. Is he a product of having all that talent around him or will he be a legitamate #1 WR. I know if he were to come to the Skins that he would be a #2 WR, but he will need to be paid like a #1 because some other team certainly will. I don't know if he's worth the risk of a multi-year, big money contract. I would rather see TO here on a one year incentive laden contract and see how that works out.

One name that I didn't see mentioned here is:

Antwan Randal El - He could be a very good FA pick-up this year. I'm not quite sure where he's valued on the market, but the guy is a play maker. He's one of the best punt and kick-off returners in the league and could compete with Patten as a #2 (which I think Randal El would win). If we could sign him without overpaying, I think he could be a good fit here.

Well there you have it. I hope I didn't put anyone to sleep here, but that just my :2cents:

Here is my take on some of the names being tossed around:

Well there you have it. I hope I didn't put anyone to sleep here, but that just my :2cents:

Excellent take on the fence-riders. Very realistic. I understand why people want Antonio Brown gone, but I personally would like to give him another chance and some more time and development under his belt.

In a perfect world, we could keep Patrick Ramsey. Just don't think that will happen.

Cut:

CB Walt Harris(maybe) - No

WR Taylor Jacobs - No, he is a good #4 guy. Not #2 or #3, a #4 guy.

K John Hall(unless he gets healthy) - You're right, unless he get's healthy.

C Cory Raymer - Unless he can learn how to play backup guard, yes, cut him.

DT Brandon Noble - We had a lot of injuries, he could be a needed backup.

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey - Yes, if not, he would be a good backup, which is needed.

LB LaVar Arrington - Yes, unless we can restructure. If we can, keep him.

Sign:

WR David Givens(If Patriots don't re-sign) - I'm not feeling that one. First Patten then Givens? I like him, but former Pat WRs aren't my thing.

Pass Rushing DE - Sure, if Wynn can't get healthy. Or draft one, but Wynn seems like a guy who would be happy working as a backup.

#2 WR - Yes.

K Nick Novak or a better kicker - Maybe, even though he choked, I wouldn't mind having Vanderjagt, if the Colts get fed up.

Draft:

DE/LB Manny Lawson - Who?

WR Martin Nance - Who?

Oh, please. We still have Tom Tupa if I believe correctly.

Why shouldn't we get Givens if he is available?

I don't think we should get Givens because we have two burners already in Moss and Patten. What Joe Gibbs most likely wants is a posession receiver to fill the shoes of Art Monk. Granted the Monks of the world just don't fall out of trees, but that is what the Redskins need. If the Skins are to get another small receiver I would prefer Randal El.

Moss = Clark

Patten = Sanders (in size and speed, not necessarily stats. So please don't get on my case about this)

??? = Monk

Archived