Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you guys think about my offseason move list. Post replies.

MikeSellers45

Cut:

CB Walt Harris(maybe)

WR Taylor Jacobs

K John Hall(unless he gets healthy)

C Cory Raymer

DT Brandon Noble

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey

LB LaVar Arrington

Sign:

WR David Givens(If Patriots don't re-sign)

Pass Rushing DE

#2 WR

K Nick Novak or a better kicker

Draft:

DE/LB Manny Lawson

WR Martin Nance

You have to keep Walt Harris because you have to be deep at corner in this league. You can't trade Lavar and Ramsey. Lavar will be here next year so stop talking about it. No signing Joe Jurivicious. We could have a young, more talented reciever. Just because he looks good in Seattle does not mean he would look good here.

Cut:

CB Walt Harris

WR David Patten

WR Taylor Jacobs

K John Hall

C Cory Raymer

DT Brandon Noble

Trade:

QB Patrick Ramsey

LB LaVar Arrington

Sign:

Joe Jurevicius, pass rushing DE, #2 WR

Draft:

WR Sinorice Moss

1. If you cut Harris you better have someone to replace him with. I think he is fine as a nickle corner but not as a starter.

2. Why are we signing Jurevicius, a #2 wr, and drafting Moss?? While we need a wr we don't need 3.

3. I still don't think it is possible to get enough value to trade Lavar. I might be proven wrong but I think its best that he stay right here.

4. I'm not for cutting Patten quite yet. I'd like to see how he does in the offseason and preseason before making that decision.

5. Back on the Moss thing. I will be furious if we draft him.

6. Whos your DE free agent? There are a few choices.

were gonna have to cut arrington, we can get someone good for ramsey.

walt harris is a good nickel back corner, hes a solid tackler and he doesnt demand anything or expect anything, remember, hes not a starter. and i personally dont think sinorice would be a good fit. we need a guy like Hagens from arizona st. a big tall reciever. i'd like to see lemar (not Lavar) move over to outside linebacker and maybe take a look at Mcune being in the middle, dude is big and not exactly young, we need to get the most out of him. on draft day i think we need to trade away some low choices, maybe work a good trade with ramsey and go for a reciever. and yes i agree with a DE, and a new kicker, someone that can kick the ball past the 15 on kickoffs

people who want to cut Patten are nuts. 6 games in a new system is not enough time to judge someone. He is a great guy to have on the team and has been in big time situations. He is an excellent route runner. He will have a whole offseason to get on the same page with Brunell. Look at the plays he made with Ramsey in the preseason. Maybe we should bump him down one so he can excel in the slot, but cutting him is beyond stupid.

Patten can be a good possesion wr he is just not good enough to be the #2 WR. Keep Harris, he is good enough to be in the NFL, and he is good enough for depth. I agree get rid of Raymer in a heartbeat, but LaVar when he comes with it, is just ferocious.

I am on the edge with Jacobs, I see potential, but so far it hasn't manifested itself on the field and may never, so I could go either way on him

No argument on the cuts except for Patton. He's "cap friendly", has some ability, and looked like he was just starting to figure out his role in the offense when he got hurt. I think he's worth another look. I'd offer to re-sign some of the cut players for less money if they'd take it. Noble, for instance. If he can find a way to stay healthy the D-line could use the depth.

Re the trades, no argument in theory but you can't trade LA unless he's willing to re-work his contract and - I believe - the 'Skins would still take come kind of "dead money" hit if they did. If you can get LA to re-work his contract, you'd be nuts not to just keep him. There's practical obstacles to trading Ramsey as well. If another team wants, they just have to be patient and they can get him w/o giving up anything in return.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I wouldn't cut Walt Harris I believe he is a good #3 corner but def not #2 plus Rogers will be taking over that spot. I do believe we do draft another corner in the draft because as you see our corner have to be able to tackle and by doing that they are going to get hurt during season like springs, rogers and harris did. So we do need to get another young corner in here to build depth. I wouldn't cut Patten either I believe he would be a good number 3 WR. I love your idea of getting Joe Jurevicius or getting Reggie Wayne who I believe is best friends with Santana Moss but I think he would be to much money. As for Jacobs I believe he has had his shot and has still done nothing, even though I don't think we will cut him I wouldn't mine seeing him go. I would also keep Cory Raymer he provides good depth at the center position. I believe people want to get rid of him because he came in against Seattle and played poorly but if you look at it he didn't play all season and when he came in he was playing a position he was not familar with and that is guard. He is used to playing center. However if he is making a lot of money I would see why you would like to cut him. As for Patrick Ramsey I believe Gibbs will not trade him becasue he is a good back right now and Gibbs doesn't think Jason is ready to step in play even though I think the starting QB next year should be him or Ramsey. As for Lavar I believe he will still be a redskin next year. As for John Hall I do agree with you he gets hurt every year it is time to replace him. As for free agents i wouldn't mine the skins going after Vanden bosch from the Titans at DE and maybe a vet. corner to add depth. As for the daft I don't believe we should draft Moss's bother At this point because of our draft status we need to look at the best avaiable player. But I do agree we need to draft a pass rushing DE even though it you look at it Daniels finished high in the NFL with sack even though it doesn't seem like he did plus 4 coming againt dallas. I also think we need a better tight end other then Robert Royal to open up the middle of the field, one that has good speed and size. However Royal is a good blocker and Gibbs like that about him. On D we need more depth at the DT position. I think we are good LB unless Lavar leave then we need to address that. One idea for that is the Weatherspoon from the Panther is playing really good right now and is a free agent maybe look at him.

Joe Jurevicius will retire after this season.

I agree Walt Harris makes a good nickel back, just not a great everydown starter.

Definitely get rid of Hall, his leg is shot - he can't get kickoffs past the 15 yard line and can't kick a field goal over 45 yards.

Corey Raymer is bad even as a backup. I was surprised to see him in the game. We definitely need a backup guard or two.

As much as I like Brandon Noble he can't stay healthy so he should go.

We need a new punter as well. I have no confidence in David Frost. Will he hit it 45 yards or 20?

Antonio Brown makes me nervous as well. While he has the speed to break a big one, every time he catches the ball I'm just praying he holds onto it, because he's so small one good lick will jar the ball loose (and has).

We definitely need a good #2 WR that has size. We also need a good pass rushing DE. Hopefully we get both of these either through FA or the draft.

:logo:

Harris is a great No. 3 corner and a good No. 2. No way you release him. It's stupid to suggest we should. He is a bit overmatched when forced to play the No. 1 role which he had to do at times this year, but, that's because of injuries and development of our top 2 guys. We do need another young, capable player at the corner spot to improve depth and protect against injuries, but, Harris needs to be here.

Hall is the interesting call. He's easily lost 10 yards or more on his leg strength. Now, if that's permanent, he's gone. If that's just continued soreness and pain from the earlier injury you work with him. He's a money kicker healthy. We have to ASSURE he's TOTALLY healthy though before entering the coming season with him.

Patten is extremely valuable to us as a No. 3 option where he'll provide us huge matchup advantages over most teams. This means we do need a No. 2 to push him down.

We don't need to draft Moss' younger brother. We need a Mushin Muhammed or Plaxico Burress type guy to run the fade and catch first downs. The like Art said you throw Patten as the true #3. He matches up well against a safety or LB, but not a cover corner.

Keep Lavar.

I'm in favor of keeping Ramsey. Gibbs likes having three QBs, why make any change to what we have?

Sign a pass rushing DE a la John Abraham or Darren Howard. Draft this position as well.

Sign CB depth and oline depth in free agency.

Harris is a great No. 3 corner and a good No. 2. No way you release him. It's stupid to suggest we should. He is a bit overmatched when forced to play the No. 1 role which he had to do at times this year, but, that's because of injuries and development of our top 2 guys. We do need another young, capable player at the corner spot to improve depth and protect against injuries, but, Harris needs to be here.

Hall is the interesting call. He's easily lost 10 yards or more on his leg strength. Now, if that's permanent, he's gone. If that's just continued soreness and pain from the earlier injury you work with him. He's a money kicker healthy. We have to ASSURE he's TOTALLY healthy though before entering the coming season with him.

Patten is extremely valuable to us as a No. 3 option where he'll provide us huge matchup advantages over most teams. This means we do need a No. 2 to push him down.

Another post that makes me say:

"I agree with Art.

;)

Blondie

I didn't think of pushing Patten down to #3. But I said draft Sinorice because he seems really fast. Could you imagine if Santana, Sinorice, Captain Chaos, and CP were in the field at the same time?

And I said get of Walt Harris because just about every time I see him, he either misses a tackle or gets burned.

But we should also draft another CB

If i see one more person say that we should draft Sinorice Moss i'm gonna lose it!!!!!!

For all of you Sinorice Moss fans, you don't have to worry we'll probably give him a chance during camp as a undrafted Free agent because I doubt that he even gets drafted. Santanna might be able to talk Gibbs to give him a shot during camp.

why does everyone think sinorice moss will be good in the NFL.... just because his brother had a break out year..... sinorice is not ranked high on any teams draft projections...sure he will contribute on special teams but he will be at best a marginal/servicebale WR. not a starter and definenately not a pro-bowler in his first 5 years in the league

The only thing that I have to add to Art's post is this. Why cut Corey Raymer. He came in Saturday and played poorly at GUARD. He's a Center, not a guard. The only reason he was playing at guard was becaue our #1 was injured against the Eagles and our #2 was having problems with cramps. What we want is him only coming in if Rabach goes down for any time.

We just signed Patten to a 5 year deal, he's not going anywhere. Personally I never really understood his injury status and how it affected his play earlier in the year. No one liked him complaining about not getting when he was playing poorly, but he had a point. Watch the film, he was getting seperation but Brunell was never looking his way. It really did hurt our offense when he left, although not on the stat board. Patten to Jacobs was a huge downgrade. Jacobs drew no attention and he didn't step it up when we needed him. (Oakland game)

Drafting WRs early is usually a mistake. It would be nice to draft according to what we need, WR DE CB DT TE, but I'm expecting us to draft the best players avaliable regardless of position.

Archived