Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC Flunky says skins don't have a chance!

rtbasye

We'll see, wont we? We want to be underestimated, again@! :helmet:

MSNBC.com

Seahawks will expose conservative Redskins

Washington to get burned if it stacks defense to stop Alexander

COMMENTARY

By Jason Cole

NBCSports.com contributor

Updated: 12:38 p.m. ET Jan. 9, 2006

There’s this tendency during the NFL playoffs to assign supernatural tendencies to teams, such as saying that destiny is on their side or that the stars have aligned.

Or, more simply, that they have a great will to win.

As the playoffs head into the second round, look for some people to assign those qualities to the Washington Redskins. They survived two challenged calls, an awful offensive performance and at least one remarkably bad play call by coach Joe Gibbs at the end of Saturday's first-round playoff game to get past Tampa Bay.

They now go to Seattle to face the top-seeded Seahawks on Saturday. Those same people who believe in mystical powers will use Washington’s overtime victory in Week 4 as their one bit of hard-football evidence that the Redskins can upset the NFC’s best team.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10768216/

If we lose close games, it's because we suck and can't get it done.

If we win close games by taking advantage of the situations, then we're flukey.

The team can't win with the media. They know they're playing for us, the fans, and that's enough for them.

I love how smart he TRIES to make himself sound and how stupid he TRIES to make a HOF coach with three SB rings sound.

And then regarding our defense he keeps saying things like “if Washington tries that same…” hello, Mr. Idiot, does he think Gregg Williams is a fool?

Yeah, Monday morning quarterbacking is sooooo difficult with hindsight at your disposal.

i can't stand the stupid media...i was watching

espn earlier today at 3:30 i think and all they talked bout while discussing our last game was how awful we played and how great SIMMS WAS...kill me....seriously....who cares about how bad our O played...we won! get over it....they kept on saying that simms was great on that running td and on his throws....ugh

Usually I don't really care about these articles, but this guy just makes me mad. I didn't read the whole thing, because it's crap. He noted that the Seahawks would run all over us if we played the same defense against them. Wow, I guess he doesn't know about how teams gameplan for different situations. What a bad writer.

holy crap. he talks about "washington falling on their face" after the seattle game while seattle went on to will 11 straight.......

dude- did you check the competition? EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE!

not one mention of it! what an unbelievable ass.

and he also says 'gibbs took portis out of the game' when he was getting hot. here his quote- "Here’s the problem with what Gibbs did. First, he took the ball away from his most consistent offensive player, running back Clinton Portis"

ummm...........portis was HURT.

wow.

this guy lost some serious $$ on the skins game, his wife is gonna leave for it, his kids are not going to college now, and he has to hit up his old man to payoff the bookies....I'm not mad at him, I feel bad for him. :laugh:

And now he'll lose what he has left betting on Seattle...

Jason Cole must still be upset about the Dolphins season. Last time I looked the facts were Jason Cole = ZERO Super Bowl Rings and Joe Gibbs = Three Super Bowl Rings...so I think I'll stick with the odds of Joe's play calling versus this paper pusher.

Interesting not one mention of strength of schedule in this article...an 11 - 0 record is always impressive, but it might make a difference who's across the line of scrimmage?

I can understand the writers who make observations and cite statistics but having trouble understanding why they want to bash the only active Coach in the Hall of Fame and a genuinely classy guy too!

I would say our offense obviously had its hands full with the great defense played by Tampa. But does any writer or sports analyst realize that we had a 14 point lead and were playing conservative? What would be the point in throwing a deep ball or passing a lot and giving tampas defense the opportunity to make a big play? There is none. Run the ball and trust the defense to come up with some big stops. Which they did. I also dont understand how he can compare our winning close games statistics with Seattle. We have obviously had a much tougher schedule. When we played Seattle it was also week 4. We have made many improvements and adjustments since then. I am not at all saying this week against seattle will be easy. Im just saying this guy has no clue what he is talking about. I shouldnt have even wasted my time writing about him, o well.

This guy's arguement's just don't hold water and his positions are weak. I wrote better papers when I was in 9th grade- this dude must have really been hung over or something when wrote this article. I prefer to be objective in my criticism of the media, but this dude is off the deep end. I think we as skins fans just get under the media's collective skin because we are the most passionate in all of football, and they love to try and tear us down.

Who cares what they say! Win or lose, this season has exceeded all expectations already!

Before he talks about how we will get burned if we stack up to stop the run... He might want to take note that there have been 4 games this year where Alexander didnt rush for over 100 yards(not counting the GB game).

In those 4 games Hasselback had to put the offense on his shoulders. In those 4 games, not only is that where all of their losses came from, but Hasselbacks QB rating inthose games averages out to around 78. Its amazing what facts do to opinions.

Yep, we're doomed our boys shouldn't even get on the plane to go out there they are going to get killed The Skins should be at Redskin Park right now cleaning out their lockers :mad: . I remember the same thing being said way back in 87 against the high flying Denver Broncos and we all know what happen with that.

This dude has got some serious issues...

he's screaming all article long on How Gibbs is conservative..then says his biggest mistake was on theird and 2 when the whole press box said there is no way Gibbs will throw on this down..And he throws when he shouldn't have..

As the Redskins came to the line, at least one reporter in the press box turned to another and said, “There’s no way Gibbs will have Brunell throw.”

Against all logic, Gibbs did just that.

What!!!..So which is it? What a moron writer

Am I the only one that has noticed the Seahawks haven't won a playoff game since 1984??? I really think this time has been on life support for so long theres only one mode of thinking in that locker room, "Keep going."

So far the only guy I've heard say that the skins have a good chance of winning is that dude that sits across for Woody "D-Bag" Paige.

My predictions:

Steelers vs. Patriots

Patriots

Skins vs. Carolina

Carolina

Archived