Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are so many Skins fans so insecure?

endzone_dave

It seems like half of the posts now are about how some member of the media doesn't give the Skins enough respect. It's starting to look pathetic. The Skins are a good team, we all know it, so stop whining like little girls.

We're not whining...the media as a whole disrespects the Redskins...just a fact...but, screw the media morons...ON TO SEATTLE!!! :cheers:

Guest sith lord

I could care less if the media respects the Skins or not. But when they rip us worse than any team that loss even though we won, that's where I draw the line.

Dave,

I totally agree and have said so in the past on this board. I like it when we get dissed by the press. It just serves as motivation, and makes winning that much sweeter when all of the mediots have to eat crow.

It seems like half of the posts now are about how some member of the media doesn't give the Skins enough respect. It's starting to look pathetic. The Skins are a good team, we all know it, so stop whining like little girls.

As a relative newcomer to the north American media i'd say fans are calling it as they see it. There seems to be a lack of respect for what Joe Gibbs and his team have done. In the grand scheme of things though, it matters not what the media say. It's what happens on the pitch. Results don't lie. Unlike the media.

One thing I think is at play here is as GSF said the players use the disrespect as motivation. Honestly, I think the same goes for the fans to a large degree. There's clearly a movement to build up anger at these statements and scream.

Thank you. Can we sticky this post?

for the most part our offense in 87 was pretty bad as well. We had a weak running game... and two qbs who threw lots of picks, and had a hard time completing 50% of their passes. The NFC championship game was the worst passing game i've pretty much ever watched. We were at home, against the wildcard vikings known for offense not defense. Williams goes 7-24... he had one huge pass to bryant, and thats about it. After we won that game... nobody gave us a chance against the bronco's. We all know what happened.

The thing about gibbs teams... they play their heart out in the playoffs, and no matter what someone always picks up the slack.

It could be said of this team as well... Think about it last tampa game was a shoot out... the offense steped up, and the defense didn't show up. This time the offense didn't show up, but the defense did. The offense will be their when needed. bank on it.

nobody gave us a chance against the bronco's. We all know what happened.QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this, a lot of fans here wouldn't recall the way the Skins were written of before the SB w/John Elway! (oh, and also the Denver Broncos). People were just as enraged then (I know I was) at the whole lack of respect thing but yanno, as much as they hate it (and they do!) the media doesn't determine the outcome of anything, especially not football games. You see the gaggle of washed-up jocks trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of their past careers and the sallow Morlocks that got turned down for waterboy in the 7th grade pounding out ream upon ream of "predictions" or "analysis" or whatever they claim it to be when in the end, it's the mindless hum in the background and little more. Seriously, if "sports journalists" had any integrity whatsoever you'd see them slitting their wrists this time of year over how far off base they were before the season started. They are held about as accountable as palm-readers or phone psychics, and are right around the same level on the foodchain.

I think fans go to the "subjective" media for validation that the Skins are indeed a solid team. We know it but we are looking at it from the inside. When the media not only fail to give the Redskins credit but also put them down, the fans ironically, and correctly, conclude that the media is biased. That causes the fans to become frustrated and angry and hopefully motivates the players to prove them wrong. Nothing wrong with ignoring the media or with becoming frustrated.

I think that it's because we have lost so many games that we won. It doesn't jive. According to the media we lost the first Dallas game, the Seatle game (all they could talk about was the missed FG), the Bears game, the Tampa game, etc. If the critical review was accurate our record would equal their predictions.

Plus, I told you so, can be fun.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not they get love from the media. We all know that they are a great team, with phenomenal individual talents. Hopefully, the players will use all of this as ammunition and use it to their advantages. Look at how the Pistons (my fave NBA team) are doing well and they still don't get as much respect or notoriety as LeBron and the Cavs or Dwayne Wade/Shaq do in Miami. They use the lack of respect as fuel. And it looks like the skins are doing the same.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

i cant take it anymore honestly

Dave,

I totally agree and have said so in the past on this board. I like it when we get dissed by the press. It just serves as motivation, and makes winning that much sweeter when all of the mediots have to eat crow.

I used to bother me but because of the reason you stated, its sweet revenge!!

nany nany boo boo!!!:laugh: :seahawksu

Archived