Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell- Bush similarities

supersmartbrunell5

No matter whether you're conservative or liberal, just think about this with an open mind, although conservatives will probably tell me to piss off. Mark Brunell and George Bush are very similar. Especially on this board, if you question whether Brunell is getting the job done because you are concerned about the country (team for Brunell) that you love, you get crucified for challenging it. Despite a turbulent first term for the president and Brunell, they were both given a second chance and are slowly morphing into first term form. You hate Bush, you hate America (and I'm not a democrat, im just stating an observation), you hate Brunell, you hate the redskins.

Why doesnt everyone just pull for the guy in charge?

We love America, so we want Bush to do well. We love the Skins, so we want Brunell to do well.

Also, Brunell did lead us to the playoffs. Thats gotta count for something.

Nah, **** him, he had a bad game. Off with his head.

I think that's vary fair. I've even tried to make the same joke while replying to negative threads in the stadium with the line "why do you hate winning?"

But there is one huge difference. Coach gibbs is the president of the redskins, not brunell. Many of us wouldn't have chosen brunell over ramsey but gibbs did. That means something when you realize that it is gibbs who has gotten us out of the desert.

I voted for Bush both times. But I'd respectfully submit that Bush's first term was pretty damn solid. It's his second term that has made me say "WTF" more times than I care to admit.

Brunell was the opposite. ALL of last year (granted he was hurt) Brunell made me say WTF. This year, not so much.

I think that's vary fair. I've even tried to make the same joke while replying to negative threads in the stadium with the line "why do you hate winning?"

But there is one huge difference. Coach gibbs is the president of the redskins, not brunell. Many of us wouldn't have chosen brunell over ramsey but gibbs did. That means something when you realize that it is gibbs who has gotten us out of the desert.

Are you trying to say that Brunell is more like the former FEMA head Ron Brown?

I can see the comparison. In both cases, winning, even if it isn't pretty isn't good enough. People would rather see us fail (in both cases) so that they can say "I told you so" and whine that their guy should be in there. To me, wanting your team or country to fall on its face for your own jealousy and bias does make one out to be non-patriotic and a less than true fan. Period.

So does that make Mark Brunell some sort of Rumsfeld? LOL. Just kidding. I personally am a big fan of Brunell.:)

I can see the comparison. In both cases, winning, even if it isn't pretty isn't good enough. People would rather see us fail (in both cases) so that they can say "I told you so" and whine that their guy should be in there. To me, wanting your team or country to fall on its face for your own jealousy and bias does make one out to be non-patriotic and a less than true fan. Period.

Well said.

Archived