Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants 36, Redskins 0

jauburn

well buddy you sound like a troll when, 2 days before our first playoff game in 6 years you post a very negative comment. bringing up the worst loss of the regular season. and ask "how can we get over it"

the regular season is OVER. the playoffs are all that matter. who cares what happened along the way? we are IN.

to me the only person that would even pose such a question is an opposing fan in disguise.

think about how your original posts makes you look for a moment.....see what i mean?

No, I don't see what you mean. What I see is a person (you) bloated with positive feelings (and arrogance) about the Redskins, and you don't want anyone to pop your bubble.

Gibbs talks a lot about character. Part of what makes up character is respect for others, their feelings, and the ability to evaluate your own faults.

Some of you could use a coach like Gibbs.

Calling someone a "troll" is not a name?

Isn't this a discussion board? Are only certain topics allowed? Who's the TopicMeister around here?

I agree that sometimes poeple here are a bit too quick to bring up the troll accusations. Simply asking a question does not make you a troll. And noone is going to be banning anyone for simply voicing concerns about the team. I suspect xsinner was joking anyway.

Personally, while thinking back on that 36-0 does make me wince, I am no so much concerned about it going forward. Plenty of teams have suffered an 'off' day or two and still managed to win superbowls.

Quite a few of us have mentioned the Pats losing to the Bills 31-0 in 2003.

In 1994 the 49ers got pasted by the Eagles 40-8 in the regular season and still won the superbowl.

in 1990 the Giants lost to the Eagles 31-13 in the regular season and won the superbowl.

In 1979 the Steelers not only lost to the Bengals 34-10, but also lost to the Chargers 35-7, and still managed to find the emotional stability to win the superbowl. :)

So it happens. Good teams lose badly sometimes.

However, it doesn't matter how you start, but how you finish.

Being 5-6 was the best thing that ever happened to this team. Think about it...it was clear throughout the season that we had a strong defense, an extremely potent offense, and killer special teams. Problem was, they never all showed up at the same time.

They needed something...a catalyst...to bring the team together. Then there was "5 in a row or we don't go." A motivational phrase that lit the fire under all three units. From then on, all thre units showed up every week to at least contribute a little bit, culminating in three dominating performances against division rivals. We outscored Philthy, NY and Dallas 101 - 47!!!

This team is destined for good things...they will go deep into the playoffs, mark my words. I wouldn't have had the season any other way. I strongly believe if that we'd beaten the Bucs and Raiders, the team never would have gelled the way it did, and been set up for a disappointing home stretch or a first round exit in the playoffs. But the way things turned out...MAN! Woo-hoo! You can't ask for a better ending to the season than 5 in a row.

I can enjoy it. I was just trying to figure out whether my good feelings about the team are justified. Call me a realist. Realistically I think we were better, minus the turnovers, than every team we faced this year--except the giants. And I just don't understand how such a blowout could occur to a team like that.

Superbowl XVIII - Raiders 38. Redskins 9.

And that was the highest producing offense of the NFL to that point in time.

It happens. Players are human. Unfortunately, all those humans decided to be flat the same day.

Gibbs just won't let it happen again. Nor will the players... they'll pump each other up.

Check out past SuperBowl statistics, note the final scores of many...... utter blowouts.... does that mean the winning team is that far superior than the loser?

No one anticipated the '83 Skins blowout loss to the Raiders, nor did anyone anticipate the "miracle quarter" against the Broncos...

How many thought the 2005 Skins would make the playoffs at the start of the year?..... how many thought at 5-6 that they would still make the playoffs?........well.. here they are.

Sure they can lose by a little or a lot........ but they can also win.

:paranoid: "That's why they play the games" :silly:

:bucsuck:

Teams that got blown out but continued on to become playoff contenders this year.....

Denver - Blown out 34-10 by Miami

NYG - Got blown out 45-23 by San Diego

New England - Got blown out 41-17 by San Diego AND 40-21 by Indy

Tampa Bay - Got blown out 34-14 by Carolina AND 28-0 by New England

This doesn't count the contenders that got blown out last week while resting their key players. I think some of these teams might advance pretty far in the playoffs. Getting dominated once during the regular season may actually be a good thing.......it is an eye opener, and may just make the team on the receiving end of a blowout try extra hard to not let it happen again.

No, I don't see what you mean. What I see is a person (you) bloated with positive feelings (and arrogance) about the Redskins, and you don't want anyone to pop your bubble.

Gibbs talks a lot about character. Part of what makes up character is respect for others, their feelings, and the ability to evaluate your own faults.

bloated with positive feelings and arrogance? nice. ill take bloated with the positive over wallowing in doubt and misery. suffering over a game that has no bearing on the here and now. but for the record how am i arrogant? because i beleive in the Skins, Gibbs, Williams? am i arrogant because i pointed out that you sounded a bit too negative in our current situation to be taken seriously?

ability to evaluate my own thoughts? what are you, my girlfriend? if you truly are a Skins fan come out of the darkness my friend, we are in the playoffs. we have a chance to go all the way. what is past is prelude, and no matter what happens in tampa our future is bright.

So then the real question is, how are the Bucs going to get past their blowout loss at the hands of the Pats? Do you think their players are going to have a hard time getting past that?

If we he had not had a chance to play the Giants again then there might still be some lingering doubt but the players had a chance to wash away all their demons with the butt kicking they handed the Giants two weeks ago.

Now that being said, we could lose 36-0 this weekend or win 36-0 this weekend. My guess is, however, that it will be more along the lines of 20-17.

Joe Gibbs has the character that would NEVER, NEVER ask "How can we get over the Giants loss on October 30th" when we are 2 days away from the first playoff game in 6 years.

Bloated, arrogant feelings about the Redskins.......A die hard fan means believing against ALL odds. If you were not degrading the fans on this site for their enthusiasm, no one would be buccing with you. And the way you want to argue is consistent with the way trolls do.......anything to place doubt in a true fan's mind or distract us from our enthusiasm. Is that calling you a name? Well, like you said, it's America. Free speech.

All the teams in the playoffs will be playing with emotion. It's a scary game because it tells you just what can happen to this team.

I don't recall a Joe Gibbs team of the 80s getting blown out like that, EVER.

Yep, the Redskins lost 72-0 in the championship to the bears like 50 years ago. I still sit awake nights worrying about that one!

Geesh.

:cry:

Sometimes teams just don't show up, especially if the game is on the road. Remember when the Giants spanked the Vikings 41-0 in the NFCCG? IMO, its a whole different game if played at the Metrodome.

LMAO, now that's reassuring.

Sure, sometimes **** happens...especially when "you're on the road."

Guess where you are this week. :rolleyes:

The fantasy ends on Saturday, ladies. Santa Claus has stopped making deliveries. The postseason will be over for the skynyrds so fast, most people won't have realized it had even begun...:laugh:

In all seriousness though...good luck on Saturday. Never thought you'd make it. Congrats.

but

you ain't gonna win :silly:

Skins 10

Bucs 20

yes but does gibbs go around 2 days before a playoff game going, "woe is me! we lost 36-0 to the giants, a team we beat latter in the season, and that loss 7 weeks ago will completely derail our five game win streak, guys we should just roll over sunday becuase there is no way we can win! becuase of that one bad loss we can't seriously conend!" and Clinton Portis and Jon Jansen will say, "you're right coach! all is lost!" and the whole team will cry

as if...man you talk about charcter, respect is a great thing, but not respecting yourself can be just as bad as not respecting your oponent, you learn that day one from pee wee league to high school, straight to the NFL.

and trust me, gibbs knows that before a playoff game the only defeat he and the team should even be focused on right now is 35-36 to Tampa.

now get that negative atitude where it belongs, cheering for the bucs on their message board, and while your at it, go and join the giants too.

or you can just stop the negativity and celebrate that we're in the playoffs for the first time in 6 years

and trust e free speech is important; i already posted in defense of your right earlier if you want to look, but free speech does not mean every one has to agree with you, part of free speech is our ability to say what ever we want back, if you talk about respect, respect our right to disagree with you

All the teams in the playoffs will be playing with emotion. It's a scary game because it tells you just what can happen to this team.

I don't recall a Joe Gibbs team of the 80s getting blown out like that, EVER.

also, you dont think THIS team is playing with emotion? where have you been the last five games?

and by the way a joe gibbs team has been defeated nearly that bad before, many times, stint #1 with gibbs wasn't perfect you know, just becuase a defeat by 36 points was the worst in his carrer doesn't mean bad defeats havn't come before... his previous worst defeat was by 35 so that statement doesnt have any relevance on your argument

LMAO, now that's reassuring.

Sure, sometimes **** happens...especially when "you're on the road."

Guess where you are this week. :rolleyes:

The fantasy ends on Saturday, ladies. Santa Claus has stopped making deliveries. The postseason will be over for the skynyrds so fast, most people won't have realized it had even begun...:laugh:

In all seriousness though...good luck on Saturday. Never thought you'd make it. Congrats.

but

you ain't gonna win :silly:

Skins 10

Bucs 20

just tell chrissy to bring his backpack.

I think failing to look at the whole season is just putting blinders on. I like to rah-rah as much as the next fan, but I also like to analyze our chances realistically.
again if you like to rah-rah why aren't you, we just made the playoffs!

you can honestly say that becuase of that loss months ago this team has no real chance to win in the post season coming off a hot-five game win streak???

what do you eat for breakfest, Stupid O's???

Dude its the only game this year we didnt show up for. Maybe you should focus on our wins against the following playoff teams, Giants, Bears, Seahawks and Bucs(yeah i said it we won that game. And how we played in hostile environments in Denver and KC. how we game the game away to S.D.(a team everyone thought was the 2nd best team in football). Now which performances represent this team more.

That was a lot of emotion on ther part of the Giants since they had just buried their beloved owner, Wellington Mara, just two days before

I myself have a harder time getting over the loss to the Raiders at home. We should have won that game and had we done that, we might well be 11-5 and possibly have a 1st round bye this week as the division champs and the #2 seed in the NFC

There's your answer. Football is an emotional game and I can tell you NOBODY would've beaten the Giants that day; not even Gabrial and his angels. It's like when teams get bulleton board material. A coach can always squeeze more out of his players when he can tab the right emotion.

Archived