Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants 36, Redskins 0

jauburn

I'm the biggest Redskins fan, but I can't get past this horrible loss to the Giants this year.

How do we get too excited about a team that can lose a game like that, and how can a team that has legitimate hopes to reach the super bowl lose that badly during the regular season?

How do you rationalize that defeat?

Because they got over the loss and came back when everyone thought they were done to get into the playoff's.Plus,with Gibbs playoff record,they have a great chance to advance...:D:cheers:

I also want to propose that any negative discussions about games prior to the Skins five game winning streak should be banned from this board. This is a totally different team now.
umm i may agree that we need to stop negative discusions, but ever heard of something called the first amendment? this guy has his right to say what he thinks. i think a thread like this has no place on the message board, but free speech should reign, it's his problem if he wants to be negative.

I want to propse that this is America and that there is no ban on free speech, last I checked.

Further, I think failing to look at the whole season is just putting blinders on. I like to rah-rah as much as the next fan, but I also like to analyze our chances realistically.

Do you have a favorite player? Because it is sure not listed in your profile. Come to think of it, the biggest Redskin fan did not put how long he has been a Redskin fan in his profile. Hmmmmmm.......smells awfully trolly in here. :shutup:

Aside from the Patriots score in the 2003 opener, the Eagles got smoked last year by the Steelers 27-3 and still made it to the Bowl.

Sometimes teams just don't show up, especially if the game is on the road. Remember when the Giants spanked the Vikings 41-0 in the NFCCG? IMO, its a whole different game if played at the Metrodome. And how many Super Bowls, supposedly between the 2 best teams, have we seen that are blowouts?

You folks are silly with your troll nonsense.

Greg Williams himself today said that that Giants loss still haunts him. Watch the interview.

Like Gibbs, Williams is a motivational machine. He will think find anything bad in the past to pump the team up to play well. I am very confident we're not going to see that kind of slaughter again under Gibbs regime.

I'm the biggest Redskins fan, but I can't get past this horrible loss to the Giants this year.

How do we get too excited about a team that can lose a game like that, and how can a team that has legitimate hopes to reach the super bowl lose that badly during the regular season?

How do you rationalize that defeat?

I rationalize it with a 35-20 victory.

I don't recall a Joe Gibbs team of the 80s getting blown out like that, EVER.

It WAS the worst loss ever for a Joe Gibbs team as far as shutouts go. But there have been some serious azzz kickin's we have taken over the years...

In 85' the Bears beat us 45-10 and the Girls beat us 44-14. 88' was filled with miserable losses! But dude...We have just made the playoffs for the first time this century and you want to dwell on the 36-0 loss????

Have you been wa5ching the last 5 weeks? We are the best team in the league right now! Seriously...there is no team that come close to us in intensity right now. The 2nd best team in the league right now is not even in the playoffs...Kansas City.

I was ticked as all get out about the 36-0 shutout...I still wish Gibbs had sent in the kicker to erase the shutout when Ramsey led us down to the 8 yard line...but what's done is done. We totally made up for that loss by beating the heck out of the Giants.

Take a deep breath my friend and smell the roses...they are sweet!

umm i may agree that we need to stop negative discusions, but ever heard of something called the first amendment? this guy has his right to say what he thinks. i think a thread like this has no place on the message board, but free speech should reign, it's his problem if he wants to be negative.

I kind of meant it in a sarcastic manner. I have no problems with other peoples' views.

First off...I'M the biggest Skins fan lol!!!!!!

Yeah, that game left alot of us pondering.

But, every team is going to get shut out once. (some more then once)

EVERY team.

The way I look at it, now that it's behind us, who cares.

The time is now, and the place is Tampa and that's all that matters.

Let's worry about the matter at hand.

Hail!:point2sky

Like Gibbs, Williams is a motivational machine. He will think find anything bad in the past to pump the team up to play well. I am very confident we're not going to see that kind of slaughter again under Gibbs regime.

That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear, not people coming out calling me names. For goodness sake, it's pathetic how whether in real life or the Internet, when people hang out together invariably groups form little power circles and want to keep others out. Sickening really. It's like the school yard all over again. Anyway, I'm new here but thankfully not attached to the place enough to need to stick around. Have fun with your Internet gang.

All the teams in the playoffs will be playing with emotion. It's a scary game because it tells you just what can happen to this team.

From http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was1981.htm:

at Eagles L 13-36

at NY Giants L 13-37

at Chicago L 10-45

at SF L 8-35

at Dallas L 6-30

at Houston L 17-41

People want to romanticize Gibbs v1.0 as a golden age where the team could do no wrong. You only remember the three Super Bowls, not the stinkers. But just b/c you don't remember them doesn't mean they didn't happen.

That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear, not people coming out calling me names. For goodness sake, it's pathetic how whether in real life or the Internet, when people hang out together invariably groups form little power circles and want to keep others out. Sickening really. It's like the school yard all over again. Anyway, I'm new here but thankfully not attached to the place enough to need to stick around. Have fun with your Internet gang.

Nobody's calling you name. Just that you surprised us with a negative post. And we get a bunch of that by opposing fans.

Look, no need for hurt feelings. I just want to keep the positivity flowing, and looking back to that loss only dredges up what we have already dredged up over and over right after that game. In a way I agree that it catapulted them into reality, that we are so much better than that, and therefore they bounced back.

Calling someone a "troll" is not a name? Saying my profile should contain a favorite player? I don't even know what my profile is or how to access it. I just signed up. Some of you must live here and think everyone knows what to do.

Isn't this a discussion board? Are only certain topics allowed? Who's the TopicMeister around here?

1) You're right. A Joe Gibbs team never was defeated that badly. They made that point many many times after that game. We know that.

2) Why try to find something negative when things are going so well. Just roll with it.

Geesh... I agree with the Giant's fan post to you about this.

We're in the playoffs for darn sake. If you can't enjoy that, then.. well...

you know the saying.. if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all.

I'm a Giants fan, and this is the strangest post I have ever seen. The Redskins are the hottest team in the NFC right now, jesus christ. Some of you ppl are just stupid.

You hit the nail right on the head. Bad, BAD thread.

I think getting shut out that day for us could possibly have been a good thing. Before you all go for the flamethrowers, look at how our season progressed since that game. Talk about waking up and taking a big sniff of the coffee. As much as it pains me to see that scoreboard result, look how much positive came out of it the following week, we beat the Eagles, and then look again at the 2nd Giants game. No freaking way was that gonna happen again. Sometimes a chip on the shoulder is as powerful a motivation as a team can need.

Its Tampa this weekend, heres to hoping that same chip is gonna carry us through this game and finish with a similar result to our 2nd giants game.

Calling someone a "troll" is not a name? Saying my profile should contain a favorite player? I don't even know what my profile is or how to access it. I just signed up. Some of you must live here and think everyone knows what to do.

Isn't this a discussion board? Are only certain topics allowed? Who's the TopicMeister around here?

well buddy you sound like a troll when, 2 days before our first playoff game in 6 years you post a very negative comment. bringing up the worst loss of the regular season. and ask "how can we get over it"

the regular season is OVER. the playoffs are all that matter. who cares what happened along the way? we are IN.

to me the only person that would even pose such a question is an opposing fan in disguise.

think about how your original posts makes you look for a moment.....see what i mean?

All the teams in the playoffs will be playing with emotion. It's a scary game because it tells you just what can happen to this team.

Ummmmm

Humans have emotions.

Teams made of humans.

All teams have emotions.

All teams can fall flat on any given day. We pray and hope it doesn't happen to us during the playoffs.

Please.. can't we have something positive. If you have to rain on the parade, at least give us warning so we can get some umbrellas out.

I can enjoy it. I was just trying to figure out whether my good feelings about the team are justified. Call me a realist. Realistically I think we were better, minus the turnovers, than every team we faced this year--except the giants. And I just don't understand how such a blowout could occur to a team like that.

Archived