Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Whitlock's NFC Super Bowl hopefuls (merged)

Thinking Skins

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/051229

7. OK, while I'm on the subject, let me rank the NFC Super Bowl hopefuls.

1. Redskins: Outstanding defense and just enough offense to beat any team in the league.

2. Bears: Absolutely love the move to Rex Grossman. If Muhsin Muhammad holds on to the football, the Bears might score enough points to sneak into the Bowl.

3. Seahawks: Just feel like Matt Hasselbeck is going to do a couple of stupid things in Seattle's playoff opener and it's going to be curtains.

4. Buccaneers: Wouldn't be surprised if they were routed in their first playoff game. Wouldn't be surprised if they advanced to the NFC championship.

5. Panthers: You can rip Carolina's defense, but the problem with the Panthers is their running game. Lack of a consistent ground attack has exposed Jake Delhomme.

6. Giants: Eli Manning's happy feet and 52 percent completion rate will cost the Giants early. 7. Cowboys: You gotta make the playoffs to advance to the Super Bowl.

8. Of all the teams in the NFC, the Washington Redskins are the only team capable of winning the Super Bowl.

After being down on Joe Gibbs early in the season, I have to credit him for getting things together. If the Skins knock off the Eagles, they will enter the playoffs as the hottest team in the league -- hotter than the streaking Patriots, also winners of four straight.

Of course, we know the Redskins can play defense. What's been impressive is their offensive explosion the last two weeks -- 35 points in each victory, over the Cowboys and Giants.

The Skins have a good offensive line, three good running backs, a big-play receiver (Santana Moss), an effective tight end (Chris Cooley) and a QB who has thrown 22 touchdowns and just nine interceptions.

its interesting to consider that we actually do have enough talent to win the whole thing. But i still can't shake the feeling that Sunday's game is one of the scariest games of the year. But i do trust if there is anyone that can get a team ready for a game like this, it has to be Gibbs.

ugh. bad karma. I liked it better when ESPN hated us :doh:

:whoknows:

We weren't winning when they hated us. Them hating us hasn't helped us at all in the past 6 years.

How is them hating us, speaking bad about us, putting out bad vibes about us exactly "good karma"?

Archived