Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The tone around here isn't one of concern..not good

Bigmuss1

As long as Portis and our screen passes work just fine, this game is in the bag. If they work, we can chuck some downfield and give Moss a few more TDs in their weak secondary.

Their offense is nothing worth mentioning either, with an embarrassing run game, and no more McNabb to give us any trouble.

However, this is a road game; momentum and consistency (no turnovers) is key. These guys are no tougher than the Cards right now, but still...

I think the Giants should be more worried. They're falling apart right now and have to travel over 3,000 miles to Oakland.

What difference does it make if the posters on a message board have a sense of urgency?

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

It's not about us folks, it's about the players and coaches. None of them seem overconfident, and they didn't come this far to lay down for the Eagles.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

It's not about us folks, it's about the players and coaches. None of them seem overconfident, and they didn't come this far to lay down for the Eagles.

Again, I can't get over how smart some of you are, I keep forgetting that this website is the locker room and we are all playing sunday!! My bad, where is the site that redskins fans sit around and talk about the team! Please some one direct me. NO SH*T we aren't playing, if that is all you can come up with stay off the thread!

I just have a concern playing in philly, we are not a strong road team. When did we become a power house on the road? This is why I am concerned, of course I want us to win and of course the players play the game, but with the philly D and all the blitzing the may do I hope we can handle it. Jim Johnson is not an idiot, if happy feet, 2 timeout in 2 second Ramsey is on the field I HAVE CONCERN!!

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum lately and there seems to be alot of overconfidence and a lack of respect for the Eagles D. Our road record isn't the greatest, the past 2 victories are against the hapless rams and cards. This Philly team has Dawkins, Trotter, Brown, and a D line that could make our lives hell. I feel their D is more of a threat than the Giants. I want to enjoy all of this as much as any of you, but the fact is Dallas won last weekend and we do not play a cupcake like they do. All I'm asking for is a sense of urgency that we continued to have the past two weeks at home.

:eaglesuck

Huh? The majority of posts around here have been posted by cowards. Overconfidence is NEVER a problem, it is being so underconfident that you play not to lose and then forget to win that is the problem. In 30-plus years of watching, playing and coaching football, I have NEVER seen a team lose due to overconfidence. I've seen teams lose because they don't need to win, I've seen teams lose because of fear of injury and I've seen teams lose because they fear losing so much, they forget they to win.

To win a football game, I must minimize my errors while preventing you from taking advantage of the ones I WILL make but I've also got to take advantage of yours and maybe even create some. If all I do is concentrate on minimizing my errors, the game will be close and you may even win even if you're the inferior team. Yes, if I try to force you into errors and do things to try to take advantage of those errors, I put myself at greater risk of making errors myself but unless I'm lucky, concentrating on not making errors will not be enough.

****iness killed the igle. It does every year. We should learn from their mistakes...

The day you hear Eagles fans talking about Superbowl is the day you bet your money they WONT win.

Stay skeptical, but be positive, and hope for the best!

What?? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Eagles fans can talk about whatever they want to, and it has no effect on their team. The Eagles are choke artists, which is why they can't win a superbowl despite being right there so many years in a row. It has nothing to do with their fans...:doh:

And it wasn't ****iness that killed the Eagles -- it was injuries and that colon cancer TO. Don't think for a second that they'd have the same record they do now if McFlabb and Westbroke had stayed healthy. They'd be right in the thick of the playoff hunt.

You are completely missing my point. This thread is about karma. Of COURSE us saying if theyll win or not makes no difference as to what happens on the field. Its about karma, you can believe in it, or not believe in it. No sh*t our ****iness makes no difference if they win or lose, its not a physical thing we are discussing. Its murphys law, its damned if you do damned if you dont, its karma, its left when you were guaranteed right...the post makes perfect sense if you understand the context of what we are talking about. If not, its going right over your head, you dont get it.

And for the record, even healthy, they most CERTAINLY would not be as dominant as they have been.

I'm very confident in this team. Over the last two years, Joe Gibbs and his staff have been building a team. People say that the Eagles have "played hard" against all NFC East teams. Anybody notice what the Redskins have done to two of the top NFC East teams the last two weeks? Absolutely blown them away. This Washington Redskins team will not lose this game.

I've absolutely enjoyed these last two weeks and I'm looking forward to watching the game this weekend. No worries whatsoever. These guys will take care of business.

Absolutely nothing that a fan does during the week leading up to the game has any bearing on the outcome of the game. Play your karma/worry/realist/superstition game if you wish, but if you really want to be a part of the outcome of the game, buy a ticket and be there to support them. There are plenty available. There will be a large number of Redskins fans there. Join us.

You are completely missing my point. This thread is about karma. Of COURSE us saying if theyll win or not makes no difference as to what happens on the field. Its about karma, you can believe in it, or not believe in it. No sh*t our ****iness makes no difference if they win or lose, its not a physical thing we are discussing. Its murphys law, its damned if you do damned if you dont, its karma, its left when you were guaranteed right...the post makes perfect sense if you understand the context of what we are talking about. If not, its going right over your head, you dont get it.

And for the record, even healthy, they most CERTAINLY would not be as dominant as they have been.

I'd say "WHOA! Deep man.." But it wasn't really. Sorry its the team and coaches attitudes that matter. If you feel the need to charge your KarmaCard up then so be it just don't assume you can tell me what I should do with mine. Think of it this way. Those of us that choose to remain happy, confident and upbeat until the game should we lose will then be sad. So will you however. Difference is that enjoyed ourselves up to the game and you will have not enjoyed yourself at all. Have Fun!! :applause:

I have brought this up in other posts before and was ridiculed by some for it. The truth is, those who ridicule and continue to be overconfident are usually the first ones on this board after a loss saying how bad this team is, Gibbs should go, Brunnel sucks, etc. They are usually the ones who provide opposing fans with ammunition for smack talk. Unfortunately, most of them are too naive to see any of it. :2cents:

I have brought this up in other posts before and was ridiculed by some for it. The truth is, those who ridicule and continue to be overconfident are usually the first ones on this board after a loss saying how bad this team is, Gibbs should go, Brunnel sucks, etc. They are usually the ones who provide opposing fans with ammunition for smack talk. Unfortunately, most of them are too naive to see any of it. :2cents:

I haven't seen that. I don't even recall one example. Can you show me before and after posts where this is true? Or is this just how you feel and you're backing it up with fiction.

Whatever guys...some of us feel like being overconfident and guaranteeing wins is 1) without class and 2) setting yourself up for ridicule. I agree with this guy, this board is full of people who one minute post "brunell is awful, he needs to be pulled" after a pick, then the next week talking about how he is snubbed for the probowl. Both ends of the spectrum, never in between.

And more to add to the record, I will be there. In my Taylor jersey. Rooting the Skins on.

Again, its not a physical thing, no one is saying if you are confident the Skins will lose, as if it actually effects what goes on on the field, its a superstitious thing. You dont HAVE to follow it, do and think whatever you want. No one is saying its right or wrong, I just agree with the OP, I dont like overconfidence, it worries me. Its our feeling, you dont have to agree with it, its no big deal. If you dont get it you dont get it.

Whatever guys...some of us feel like being overconfident and guaranteeing wins is 1) without class and 2) setting yourself up for ridicule. I agree with this guy, this board is full of people who one minute post "brunell is awful, he needs to be pulled" after a pick, then the next week talking about how he is snubbed for the probowl. Both ends of the spectrum, never in between.

Only a couple of points and I'll get out of it.

There is a big difference between being over confident and being confident. To say that either without class sure looks arrogant to me.

I just don't agree that the individuals you're referring to are the same. There are tons of posters on this site. We do all see alot of confident posters before a game, and we do all see alot of "cut this guy" posters after losses. They're generally not the same posters. By the way, you realist/karma/etc. posters are all over the board before games too. To each his own. Just don't confuse them and try to group them like that.

Great to see you'll be there. There will be alot of us!

:cheers:

Go Skins!!

Your exactly right, I just wanted to bring it to everyones attention that the eagles are not a team to sleep on. I'm confident in Gibbs and the way we are playing "right now." My hope is that this is not a trend but the way we will play from this day until season 2020. But, the reality is we have been very inconsistent (even in some of our wins) and playing on the road will be tough. :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :cheers:

Look I'm an optimist, but there is a reason we haven't seen the playoffs since 99. We all as skins fans need to nervous we haven't won in Philly since...I can't remember. That's why as fans we need a sense of urgency!

We are all together..I will probably shed a tear if we win!!

It's never a given when it comes to division games , no matter what the teams record is. But this has been a year of overcoming, We not only beat Dallas we swept them and and beat the Giants when nobody thought we would. and I think your right, we haven't won at the Linc EVER have we?

but that makes me feel even better that we can pull this out. :cheers:

Archived