Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The tone around here isn't one of concern..not good

Bigmuss1

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum lately and there seems to be alot of overconfidence and a lack of respect for the Eagles D. Our road record isn't the greatest, the past 2 victories are against the hapless rams and cards. This Philly team has Dawkins, Trotter, Brown, and a D line that could make our lives hell. I feel their D is more of a threat than the Giants. I want to enjoy all of this as much as any of you, but the fact is Dallas won last weekend and we do not play a cupcake like they do. All I'm asking for is a sense of urgency that we continued to have the past two weeks at home.

:eaglesuck

I think most people over-assume things when they think about the Eagles. They know they've had injuries(namely McNabb and Westbrook) and know about the loss of Terrell Owens. What they fail to realize is that Philly's defense is pretty much intact. I think we have a good shot on Sunday, but, especially being in Philly, I'm a little nervous like many others.

I agree that we shouldn't get overconfident, but don't confuse that with morale. We are one of the hottest teams in the NFC and we have a knack for getting up and playing hard when it matters.

Our offense has been solid the past couple weeks and has been very balanced and versatile. I think our defense will create turnovers and give our offense a short field.

I am not saying we should look past them by any means and I also believe they have a great defesne. Lets ride the wave straight on into the playoffs!!

Our concern does not matter.

The only concern that matters is in the locker room.

Listen to gibbs' conferences, listen to the players remarks, and listen to bugel's banter. This team is not over confident, they are focused. that's all that matters.

I think you need to read some of the other threads. There are quite a few people here worried about a surprise in Philly. (including me) That being said, I read that there is a sign up in the players locker room that lets them know that they have to win 5 to get in. I think they will be ready for the game.

very well said. After last weekend I took a big drink of the kool-aid and figured we were set. After I've thought about it for a couple of days, this game will not be a pushover blowout. The eagles are a very dangerous team to someone in our place. they have no tomorrow to play for. Injuring Brunell and knocking us out of the postseason will give them something to crow about and build on for next year. Our team is due for a letdown, they've been riding high too many weeks now. I fear this game most of all. Dismiss it as negativism if you will but I have a very very bad feeling about this game. If there's one thing this team has shown me over the past 10 seasons it's letdown and I don't think only 2 seasons under gibbs can completely erase the culture of losing. Look at this business with LaVar in the papers, I think there's one more nasty disgusting lump of losing that has to be expelled and I'm afraid it's going to show up this weekend. That being said, prove me wrong skins. Beat the eagles and silence all the doubters. I'll happily drink more of the kool-aid then.

I'm so nervous my appetite is already about half, and it's just Wednesday!

I hate the fact that we are playing an NFC divisional opponent, on the road, just for the rights to be in the playoffs. This is the scariest game we've had all year, no doubt about it.

I still think we're going to win, though. :D

Look I'm an optimist, but there is a reason we haven't seen the playoffs since 99. We all as skins fans need to nervous we haven't won in Philly since...I can't remember. That's why as fans we need a sense of urgency!

We are all together..I will probably shed a tear if we win!!

We all as skins fans need to nervous we haven't won in Philly since...I can't remember.

'01.

We hadn't won in Dallas since '95.

The reasons for our losing seasons are being whittled away piece-by-piece, one step at a time. This year has so far been a giant second-step.

Look I'm an optimist, but there is a reason we haven't seen the playoffs since 99. We all as skins fans need to nervous we haven't won in Philly since...I can't remember. That's why as fans we need a sense of urgency!

We are all together..I will probably shed a tear if we win!!

If you are really am optimist then act like one. We win this game easy. The QB for Philly has more int's than TD catches, heck he's thrown just as many TD's for the opposing team as his own. The Eagles have no running game and a thier defense can't stop our running attack. We have scored 70 points in the last two games against winning teams in our division!

Our team has some swagger and I as a fan have some too.

As a fan I don't need a sense of urgency, unless I need to make it to the fridge and back so I don't miss a play during the game. :point2sky

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Guest sith lord

Our defense is better than theirs. They're already missing Lito Sheppard and they might even be without Kerse. Our offense is waaaaaaay better than theirs. They're without McNabb, Westbrook, Pinkston, and Owens. This is a game playoff teams don't lose. And if we do lose against these guys, were we really all that good in the first place?

You do realize that their defense is ranked TWENTY-SEVENTH in the league right?

That is 27th.

Heck their offense is 19th.... maybe we should be more worried about that.

The Eagles' secondary has been exposed for what it is this season -- not very good. They put practically their entire secondary in the probowl last year, but it wasn't deserved. This year they've been beaten regulary, and have shown poor tackling. Except for Dawkins, the secondary is average. Lewis is a good Strong Safety, but like RW, he's not the best in coverage. Lito Sheppard is horrible. If Ramsey is starting, look for him to test them deep right away...most likely to Taylor Jacobs (as they will undoubtedly be rolling Dawkins over to Moss). Unlike Brunell, Ramsey has had some success throwing the deep ball to Jacobs.

I still think there is no way we can lose. Kleese has a point about letting them in the game early, but even so, barring a Meadowlands-esque meltdown, there is no way we lose this game. And I don't think there is any way the coaches or the players would let that happen twice, especially in such an important game. They are missing the three most important pieces of their offense...they have very little firepower.

Skins 24 - Eagles 7

The way we've played the last two weeks, we've earned the right to be confident but this team knkows exactly what's it's facing this week.

You can bet Jim Johnson will send the house with nothing to lose. The running game and the short passing game will be all important this week.

This will be a huge test for the O-Line but if they can give Ramsey or Brunell time to throw then we should be able to take control. Josh McClown threw all over Philly last week. He was only sacked twice but his mobility helped a bit. Sellers, Royal and Cooley could be an improtant part of this game as well a Portis and Betts being able to move the ball on the ground. Ball control and no turnovers is the real key here.

Look we only scored 17 points against that defense at home this year. I'm not hear to ague but this game has trap written all over it. If we must travel this road to lose our stigmatism as a losing team than so be it. If we win, I feel bad for whatever NFC opponent is unlucky enough to draw us!!

Hi guys,

I too am worried about this weekend, but I do feel confident in our offense's ability to control the line of scrimmage. I also think that the last few weeks have proven that the killer instinct, which was so noticeably absent earlier this season, is back--and how! I expect Coach Gibbs to come up with a terrific game plan, and to adjust at half-time if necessary. It won't be a cakewalk, but I honestly think the margin of Skins victory to be in the low teens.

My wife is a rabid Eagles fan and Redskin hater. She was fairly indifferent to them until she had to work in Southern Maryland (along the "Redneck Riviera") during the last Super Bowl year--that was too much for her!

BTW this is my first post here! Been a fan since, uh, Lombardi was coach and Sonny was the undisputed master of the forward pass.

Let's go Skins! To the Playoffs!

Hey, any shot at a home playoff game? I've been a season ticket holder for two years, so this would be a first for me.

Archived