Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The tone around here isn't one of concern..not good

Bigmuss1

You are completely missing my point. This thread is about karma..

I think you're looking for the "karma thread," not this one. This one was about the fans being overconfident and not concerned with Philly. My contention is that the fans have nothing to do with it.

Of COURSE us saying if theyll win or not makes no difference as to what happens on the field. Its about karma, you can believe in it, or not believe in it. No sh*t our ****iness makes no difference if they win or lose, its not a physical thing we are discussing. Its murphys law, its damned if you do damned if you dont, its karma, its left when you were guaranteed right...the post makes perfect sense if you understand the context of what we are talking about. If not, its going right over your head, you dont get it.

I hope that post makes sense to someone -- but in the context of your argument you just completely agreed with me and contradicted yourself and the thread starter. Thanks...:doh:

And for the record, even healthy, they most CERTAINLY would not be as dominant as they have been

How exactly do you plan on backing this up? The Eagles have been dominant for 5 years in a row now, and this year they finally took 2 big injury hits and sent TO home. How would they not still be dominant if McFlabb and Westbroke were 100% healthy and on the field this whole time?? You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't be. But I'd like to hear your reasoning...

I have brought this up in other posts before and was ridiculed by some for it. The truth is, those who ridicule and continue to be overconfident are usually the first ones on this board after a loss saying how bad this team is, Gibbs should go, Brunnel sucks, etc. They are usually the ones who provide opposing fans with ammunition for smack talk. Unfortunately, most of them are too naive to see any of it. :2cents:

I disagree strongly...the ones who are usually extremely confident tend to have more of a homer lean (myself included), and thus are more forgiving after a loss. Its the bandwagon, "what have you done for me lately" fans who are on the board after a loss screaming cut him, bench him, Joe Gibbs is too old, blah blah blah.

I think you're looking for the "karma thread," not this one. This one was about the fans being overconfident and not concerned with Philly. My contention is that the fans have nothing to do with it.

I hope that post makes sense to someone -- but in the context of your argument you just completely agreed with me and contradicted yourself and the thread starter. Thanks...:doh:

If it doesnt make sense to you, how do you know what it contradicts? It does make sense apparently, to everyone but you since no one else seems to have an issue. As I said, if you dont agree, thats fine, if you dont understand well, I dont know what to tell you.

How exactly do you plan on backing this up? The Eagles have been dominant for 5 years in a row now, and this year they finally took 2 big injury hits and sent TO home. How would they not still be dominant if McFlabb and Westbroke were 100% healthy and on the field this whole time?? You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't be. But I'd like to hear your reasoning...

Have you you watched any NFC games this year? The NFC has been an absolute JOKE for the past few years. This is the best its been. Seattle is playing good ball. NY and Washington are leaps and bounds better, Dallas is better, Chicago leaps and bounds, etc etc. They would NOT be as successful this year as they were last year, bottom line. Last year they dominated, this year they wouldnt have. Plain and simple. The Eagles success is directly related to the joke of a conference and the even bigger joke of a division theyve been playing in. Nevermind that this year we had to play a tough AFC division. They just would not have been as successful as last year, period.

Ill end this like Skinsnatsfan did....Ill be there Sunday. Enjoy the game, root for the Skins. :eaglesuck

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck Have faith in Gibbs! We will beat the Eagles on Sunday. The Eagles are injured and down and out. If we lose this game we do not deserve a playoff spot. We beat them when they had their starters and we will beat them with their back-ups. The hell with Karma! I believe in Christ, not Karma, or luck, or any other superstition.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck Have faith in Gibbs! We will beat the Eagles on Sunday. The Eagles are injured and down and out. If we lose this game we do not deserve a playoff spot. We beat them when they had their starters and we will beat them with their back-ups. The hell with Karma! I believe in Christ, not Karma, or luck, or any other superstition.

Ditto!

GO SKINS! :logo:

Look I'm an optimist, but there is a reason we haven't seen the playoffs since 99. We all as skins fans need to nervous we haven't won in Philly since...I can't remember. That's why as fans we need a sense of urgency!

We are all together..I will probably shed a tear if we win!!

I didn't know that the fans were playing the game this weekend.

I guess we better be nervous then.

Archived