Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Positive Sally Jenkins Article (New)

frankbones

.....for the Giants!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish bad things for this *****

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/21/AR2005122102150.html

Coughlin's Successful Formula

By Sally Jenkins

Thursday, December 22, 2005; Page E01

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.

I don't know about you, but just looking at Tom Coughlin makes me cold, with his ice-box face, and that freezing stare behind those steel rims. He's got his Giants team jacket on and it's zipped straight up to his stiff neck. Meanwhile, I'm shivering.

You want warmth? Get a kitten. It's not warm around Coughlin. Down in the dungeon-like basement of Giants Stadium, the wind is whipping through the tunnels, flapping at his tightly-pressed khaki pants as he walks away from another deadly-chilly news conference in which he has barely opened his tight-lipped mouth. Coughlin doesn't do warmth, and he won't make it onto anyone's list of most popular men in the NFL. Sometimes, Coughlin tries to lighten up, and make a joke. "Guys just look at him, and don't know if they should laugh or not," Chad Morton says ...

CLICK LINK ABOVE for rest of article.

Yet again, folks ... check RULE 10.

i read about one paragraph. i mean really, the skins have the biggest game they've played in over five years and she writes an article about what a great coach the other team has? HELLO?

at the risk of sounding like a homer, i EXPECT my hometown paper to talk about my team, not the others. what a novel idea. especially when my team's coach is in the hall of fame and the others will never sniff it

what the hell...? It's not that this is anti-redskin, it's that this isn't a redskins article, period, and it has no place in the post sports section. The word "Redskins" doesn't appear in it once! It would be tolerable if she wrote it as "Coughlin is strict and this may present trouble for the skins on saturday" but this isn't even that. It was a piece about the giants organization and coaching.

F U Sally.........

I can not stand her......it just gets me going whenever I see the BS she puts in her articles.......

this is not an Fn NY paper, it is the Fn Wpost........

I think my anger more so goes towards the post for not getting rid of her........

Please please please skins, beat the F out of the Giants, just so I can think about Sally sitting around with her Lezbos lovers eating fish (lol) talking about how they hate DC.........

ohh man I hate her

LOL Did anyone expect anything less? After a BLOWOUT and sweep of the hated rival that owned us for so many years and a dominating performance and all the drama and the critical juncture at which the team finds itself---she writes about the Giants.

What a _______.

And for those who whine that a woman gets called 'female-specific' names, too bleepin' bad. I wouldn't call her a **** or a son of a ***** or prick. She gets called according to what she is, it's not sexist to do so.

What a piece of Garbage. I heard once (maybe someone knows the exact story) that Coughlin threatened to cut a player if he didn't play through a knee injury and nearly or did end his career.

Seriously though why do they bother putting her articles in the paper? They pull them more quickly from the online headlines more than any other journalist. And at this point WHO AS A FAN CAN LIKE HER?

Sounds like she is auditioning for Sports Illustrated more than trying to write what the local fans want to read.

I mean, who in DC or the Virginia/Maryland area wants to read an article about how Coughlin is a great motivator and strict disciplinarian who has made a loser into a winner in NY?

People in that area don't like the Giants. WTF?

Don't you think the same article could be written about Gibbs, who has the Redskins at 8-6 (and how close they are to being 12-2 with a tough schedule) for the first time since 1999, and the time before that the Redskins were 8-6 or better they won a Super Bowl under Gibbs?

Gibbs has a history of making winning teams and winning Super Bowls, Coughlin just has a history of making the playoffs and losing there as he will again this year.

I'm not trying to defend her, but it seems to be part of their weekly package of reporting about the Redskin's opponent...
This is her second suck-up piece this season about the Giants. Last time it was a cloumn about how great Eli is, and we weren't even playing the Giants when she wrote that one. And in the occasional instance where she does write about the Skins, she attepmts to tear us apart. She tends to jump on us when we're down, but when things are good she finds other (NY Giants) topics to write about. She's horrible.

She lost me before the title.

I gave up on her a little before last year when her intentions became clear. It's clear her columns only appear when the team is down or in this case to suggest some aspect of the current week's opponent is better or deserves praise.

Doesn't she live in NY?

Not that long ago, she was kicking dirt on Gibbs and the fans during the losing streak and now that the team is making some positive strides, she writes about Coughlin's "tightly-pressed Khaki pants".

His pants?

During a time when a win Saturday could signal one of the biggest stories in the franchise's history, she writes about Coughlin's pants.

His pants are more important to her than this team doing well.

She gets a check for that? I'm in the wrong business.

Maybe the WPost is smarter than we all think.

As for me- I was like a little kid waking up on Christmas morning, running to my door and shuffling to the Sports page to find the Jenkins article.

The fact that we all hate her ultimately makes the paper more popular.

One more point- I think today is the second day this week that a Giants player was featured on the front of the Sports section. Today is Eli, and I think Tuesday was Tiki. I think that is ridiculous.

Archived