Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For anyone who says CP is overrated...

fdarugar

Idiots on this forum (not gonna break any rules and specify) have been saying some dumbass **** like "He's not a typical Gibbs back"... then why the hell did Joe Gibbs trade an all star defensive back for him? It's not like Gibbs came here and was stuck with Clinton Portis, the first two things he did was get Mark Brunell, a veteren quarterback, and then trade for Clinton Portis, because he liked what he saw, and keep in mind how much that says about Clinton Portis, that a hall of fame coach with three rings, notorious for his legendary ground attack, personally hand picked Clinton for this team.

And to top it all off, Clinton can dress like a clown every week, litterally, and still not draw the coach's rebuke, but instead have coach Gibbs, stand up for him and his personality.

The sad part is nobody but a few knowledgable fans understand how much more Portis does for this team besides carring the ball. He is an all around team player, and gets excited about blocking a lb as much as having a big run.

Great trade IMO

Yup, Portis is our team MVP.

The sad part is nobody but a few knowledgable fans understand how much more Portis does for this team besides carring the ball. He is an all around team player, and gets excited about blocking a lb as much as having a big run.

Great trade IMO

Well, there was that one article in the Post about how much he does away from the ball...

hey ya know a bigger back might be better, but then again might be worse. i like CP all the way. I wouldnt trade him for any other back except for maybe (and only if it was an amazing deal) Shaun Alexander. but then again i dont think Alexander can block as well as portis.

Therefore, i would never trade portis. i like him to much as a fan and i think he benefits this team to much!!!

HTTR!!!

Great trade IMO

I think you're underestimating the number of people that a appreciate Portis. Hell, take a look at that Joe Gibbs vs Ramsey thread. The majority took Gibbs, but the minority were LOUDER.

Great trade IMO

Say it, Reverend! Not that I wouldn't sit in the pew alone and be happy meditating :laugh: .

By the way, have you noticed that some of guys who parse Portis' ability are notably more unconditional in expressing their love for Ramsey or Lavar? Interesting, psychologically speaking :D .

Even though Portis doesnt run the ball like he did in Denver, he has shown alot more then just running the ball to help the team win. That is his biggest intangeble.

And for the person that said he would trade portis for no one but for maybe S. Alexander. I can think of 5 RB's off the top of my head I would trade him for, 1 being L. Tomlinson

Portis is definitely learning this system and has become a lot more patient and let his lineman get out there and block for him. He is a leader to on this team and is just as valuable as anybody else in this league. He will get better with time, and I wouldnt get rid of him for anything.

Great trade IMO

Exactly that guy has thrown his body at guys a lot bigger then himself this year to protect Brunell.

Rock's better.

:)

(Note: Even I don't believe that. I just think Rock is better in certain situations[/u].)

Im a Rock Cartwright fan (go figure)

Clinton Portis is better than Rock Cartwright. End of story.

Rock has guts, determination, and an amazing character that makes him the perfect Redskin, however he isnt better than Portis.

Great trade IMO

Ding, he is the best football player on this team. He could play RB, S, CB, QB, WR or Kick Returner. He would fill in and do it well. Guys like Portis are once in a lifetime. He is still young. In fact if he keeps up his current rushing pace and avoids injury I believe he will finish top 5 in NFL rushing history.

Emmit Smith averaged 1311 yards per season. If Portis gets 200 more yards this year he will be averaging 1477. Of course the end of Smith's career schewed his numbers but lets take their first four years which is what Portis will have played by the end of this season.

Smith-1424

Portis- 1477 (assuming he gets 200 more yards this season.)

In defense of extremers, I haven't really seen too much Portis bashers lately.

Archived