Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For anyone who says CP is overrated...

fdarugar

He is a good blocker. Really has helped out in some critical passing downs and also paying real attention when things breakdown like we had a couple of fumbles and he made a tackle in the eagles game and he knocked the ball out of bounds during the chargers game. He does a lot of the little things well. In certain games I think he hasn't always showed up. I don't think that is his fault. I think that the coaching decisions were reasons that clinton portis didn't get his yardage, most notably, the raiders game. In closing, Clinton Portis is a great back. Sometimes in between the tackles he gets stopped, but overall he has performed extremely well. He will probably end up breaking the single season rushing record for our club. So that says a heck of alot about him.

I've been critical of Portis.

He has played well lately.

His off-season conditioning is really paying off.

For whatever reason, he seems like he's past the stumble problem he had earlier in the year.

I will "cut him some slack".

He has been a consummate team player...

he blocks well...even give up his body if needed.

BUT, his burst thru the line could be better.

He got ram-rodded at the goal line and was pushed back a yard or two.

I think the Rock is better suited for the short yardage stuff.

I think Portis is a terrific football player, a great team player, and has the athleticism to do anything asked of him.

My complaint, or... should I say observation, is that to me he's not the same Portis I saw running in a Denver uniform. Now, I know the offense is different and the run blocking is different.... but what I notice is that Portis seems to lose his balance more often here and runs with a forward lean that lends to slithering through a seam and then falling down. In Denver, he seemed to run more upright and seemed to see more...... make a move at the second level and run to daylight. Here... he seems to make a cut and if the gaping hole doesn't appear he's looking for a place to fall down and avoid the big hit.

Maybe that it.... he's realized he's not big enough to handle the big load here in Washington and continue to take the big hits he took in Denver while running a bit more erect and seeing more creases develop. :whoknows: I don't know... just an honest observation.

Do I think he's probably one of the best 10 running backs in the league... absolutely. Do I hope he gets more confortable and maybe "uncrouches" a bit and starts hitting the home runs.... absolutely.

Our secondary is fine without Champ, so as you can see, the trade was WELL worth it.

The guy blocks, runs, catches, and takes hits and pops right back up. The guy is a beast, he's funny and he loves playing the sport. That's the kind of guy we need getting handoffs on our team, I hope he stays with us for the rest of his career. He is so young, has broken 1,000 yards every season of his career and has PLENTY left in him.

This Bud's for Portis, we love you man :cheers:

He's not the elite talent I thought we were getting from Denver but he's still a hell of a RB. It's refreshing to see a young guy take pride in doing the little things to help better the team and not just worry about stats. CP and the O-Line have really seemed to turn the corner the last few weeks and if they continue to gel at this rate then next year will be a really special year. All in all I have no problems with the trade and think both teams have received equal value, thus I consider the trade a push.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Clinton Portis is one of the great trades in Redskins history.

When the trade was being speculated, it seemed by many reports that we were getting a great runner who is somewhat of a malcontent.

While his running production may not be what it was in Denver, the value he's added to this team more than makes up for what seems like meaningless yards.

No way did I think we were getting the blocker he is. I don't know if any RB is as consistently good at picking up the blitz and as eager a blocker as is Portis. He doesn't block at the ankles, either - he's fearless. He runs hard, his feet are always moving, he's not afraid to run through tackles and he had one of the prettiest mutli-cut runs I've ever seen last week against Dallas.

All those in the media and from Denver who expressed he was a malcontent was flat out wrong. He's loose, funny and is a major contributor to the cohesiveness of the team. He's a true team player who plays hard and clean on and off the field, and is a guy the entire locker room can rally around.

Yeah...I guess he's not bad.

Portis is one of the best all around RB's in the L. He runs, blocks, and catches.

He runs north, south, east and west. Whatever you want him to do he will do. He will sell hotdogs, wash your car, and rake your lawn. Clinton is the man and anyone that says CP is overrated needs to really watch him play esp. without the football.

Portis is a Gibbs running back:

Byner: 5-10 215

Portis: 5-11 213

I wonder how much fun Gibbs would have coaching Terry Allen...........

:cheers:

Yeah man Terry Allen was my boy. He and Henry Ellard were our bright spots on some dark days man. That brings back some memories like Gus Frerotte making the pro bowl in 96'.

He's about 8 td's shy of what i'd like in my fantasy league mind...

But you can't put a price on great blocking and catching and the all around...

Put in perspective of what we gave up... we did just fine. Since we've made the trade this is the closest Denver has ever come to us in shutdown corner on twominutewarning.com and were playing with 3 hurt corners at different times....

Last year it was 3/24?

This year it is 11/19?

so champ is doing better this year ahahahahhahahhahahaha

People who are still saying Clinton is falling down are clearly not very knowledgeable of the game. Yes, in the beginning of the season he fell alot. He was not used to running with all of that weight so when he would try to burst his legs would give due to the increased weight he added to his upper body. It had nothing to do with the system. Since then he has absolutely run upright and on certain runs has even used his superb balance to remain up on his feet and lunge for extra yards. The falling down and system argument is officially squashed. Thank you.

I Think CP is the REAL DEAL, I also think next year will be his best year if he stays healthy, it will be his 3rd year in the system,so I think he will have a clear understanding of the blocking schemes, and Coach Gibbs play calling. We Will see the Homerun Hitter again next season. And as far as Him having Sugar in his tank, I think he's just a silly dude,a guy who likes to have fun, the typical class clown....But he's not Sweet.

Archived