Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The offense.... it's Brunell.

Die Hard

Fans like you piss me off!!! I bet when Brunell had that 3-4 game stretch when he was throwing upwards of 300 yards a game, you were his biggest fan, but now he has a couple sub par days and you get all over him. It probably has nothing to do with losing our #2 and 3 receivers right? You'd probably find something to complain about if P. Manning was our QB too.

And on a side note, 2 of those int's were not Brunell fault. One, Cooley tipped the ball in the defenders hand and the other, Cooley just kept going down field when he should have run an in-route. If the route was ran correctly, it was a completion. The other one, I agree nobody home.

mb-yards.gif

mb-td.gif

Be quiet. Excuse after excuse for Brunell. None for anyone else.

Everything said in post#1 is right on the money. Brunell is a horrible QB and yes, I hate to say it, but we are going to get killed by Dallas. I lost all respect for Brunell when I saw how he acted after the loss to San Diego. He acted downright giddy after that horrible loss, talking to multiple Chargers players with a smile on his face. That showed me that winning crucial games to get the team into the playoffs didn't matter that much to him. I was disgusted. I hope Campbell turns out to be good.

Fans like you piss me off!!! I bet when Brunell had that 3-4 game stretch when he was throwing upwards of 300 yards a game, you were his biggest fan, but now he has a couple sub par days and you get all over him. It probably has nothing to do with losing our #2 and 3 receivers right? You'd probably find something to complain about if P. Manning was our QB too.

And on a side note, 2 of those int's were not Brunell fault. One, Cooley tipped the ball in the defenders hand and the other, Cooley just kept going down field when he should have run an in-route. If the route was ran correctly, it was a completion. The other one, I agree nobody home.

I think Die Hard makes some excellent points regarding Brunell's recent decline in effectiveness. Of course you're correct that losing some of our key receivers hurt (I don't think that conflicts with anything Die Hard's saying). And one thing you cannot say about DH - he is never inconsistent. :)

Where I differ is that Dallas and Bledsoe are any better overall. I don't believe they are.

not good at all we could be in trouble but we play close games no matter what this one will probably go right down to the wire but we are gonna need plays from him and he's gonna need to look at the whole field at least a few time for us to win...we need to open up some holes for the running game

I agree w/DieHard on the fact that the play design is really lacking...W/as many bunch sets, slots, and trips sets this offense has our routes are to basic...Coverages now are to elaborate to think that you can just run 3 WR's out on curls and they will be open...

Gibbs needs to get back to using the motions and formation shifts to create favorable match-ups for both running and passing, and we also need to combinate our routes better allowing a route to pick or draw coverage from the route you want to be open...A good example of an offense that does this are the Chiefs and the Rams when they are full strength...

Theres only one thing I've learned from all of my time on extremeskins.

And thats that none of you can predict worth a ****!

And our staff are the absolute worst of the bunch. Sorry Tony :)

Any given Sunday my friends. You're talking about 2 flawed teams. Dallas has looked just as wretched as we have at times this season. The team that wants it more wins.

Its that simple.

TY, :applause:

Where I stand most firmly.

I ask you all to go back to 1992 and our first loss of the season.

Remeber to who? Y, a cruddy Cowgirl team that shouldn't have been within 14 points.

My point is that even mismatches can go the other way in the NFL. To predict getting crushed is, quite honestly, absurd.

Just look at the parity of these two teams. Defenses that are great at times, but let up big gainers. One offense has found success more with the pass one offense more with the run. BOTH USE THE SAME MAX PROTECT 2-3 MAN ROUTES.

It's a coin flip. Now, I don't like to harp on this aspect, but Vegas has us as

-145 money line. I explained this in another thread and my feelings. But, to abbrviate, Vegas ain't in it to lose money.

Finally, it's Dec at home vs a rival.Man, talent is like third on the list of importance in winning this game. Heart and emotion are gonna trump that.

To prognosticate that we will get crushed, well, this thread will have to reach a 1000 before you even are picked up on my 'reality radar'.

Keep hating Brunell, it's becoming amusing at this point. It's beyond ludicrous.

Great post Diehard. I agree 100%. Brunell's lack of play as you describe combined with Gibbs conservative playcalling and injuries have left the Skins offense for dead. At least the defense has stepped up recently. If the Skins are going to stand a chance of winning 2 of the 3 remaining games, the defense is going to have to play big and some chances are going to have to be taken on offense (I don't want to say trick plays, for Gibbs apparently a crossing route is a trick play...). There is no other way unless we want to start another QB which will not happen and will probably not produce the desired results because PR has gotten so little playing time this year.

Read the beginning of this thread. Brunell over threw a wide open cooley on the tipped INT. I find it interesting that the first time Brunell actually looks downfield to complete a pass it is picked and you want to blame cooley.

For the record I hated Brunell as our starter long before he had a string of 2 good games.:D

Arkowi did a great job of pointing out the trend. However what the graphs don't show is causality. That is, we see his production is slipping but we can't ascribe a cause. At what point did Patten hit IR? When did Brunell get the injury to his hammy and thumb? Which games was Sellers out? Etc. etc.

Sorry guys but Ghost just put the proof up. You can talk about bad games all you want but the facts speak for themselves. Brunell has been getting worse as the season has gone forward.

Yup. Boy those charts make it clear that Brunnel's deteriorated. Yup. It was a mistake ever starting him. Case closed. Seriously. We'd have been much better with Ramsey all along. No doubt, it's a given. Yup. Boy what a waste this has been. Yup. All those posts all this time from people who liked Brunell or defended Gibbs' choice were wrong too. Yup. Look at those charts again. I hope we win but we don't have a chance. Yup. It's over. Yup. Brunell has killed us. Finally really dead. Yup.

Ok. Now what?

I know! Let's discuss the drafts picks we gave away (for the next QB problem) that we could have used to get a pass-rushing DE no doubt who would have got us into the play-offs for sure this year (which ended today)...if it hadn't been for Brunell of course. Yup. :kickcan:

What? It's Dallas week? Is that supposed to still matter? I don't want to be distracted from further also more again too still proving Brunell's awful, was a mistake, and that the season's over.

The charts were good work though Ghost, really.

Arkowi did a great job of pointing out the trend. However what the graphs don't show is causality. That is, we see his production is slipping but we can't ascribe a cause. At what point did Patten hit IR? When did Brunell get the injury to his hammy and thumb? Which games was Sellers out? Etc. etc.

Why not throw in strength of schedule? Home and road games? Offensive playcalling? Opposing team injuries and playcalling? Weather factors.

Fruitless exercise Yusuf. You know that.

At the end of the day, football is just a game. It's X's and O's. It's about execution.

That's why Brunell's lack of efficiency is ranked as a greater detriment than anything else.

My point is that even mismatches can go the other way in the NFL. To predict getting crushed is, quite honestly, absurd.

Just look at the parity of these two teams. Defenses that are great at times, but let up big gainers. One offense has found success more with the pass one offense more with the run. BOTH USE THE SAME MAX PROTECT 2-3 MAN ROUTES.

It's a coin flip. Now, I don't like to harp on this aspect, but Vegas has us as

-145 money line. I explained this in another thread and my feelings. But, to abbrviate, Vegas ain't in it to lose money.

Finally, it's Dec at home vs a rival.Man, talent is like third on the list of importance in winning this game. Heart and emotion are gonna trump that.

To prognosticate that we will get crushed, well, this thread will have to reach a 1000 before you even are picked up on my 'reality radar'.

Keep hating Brunell, it's becoming amusing at this point. It's beyond ludicrous.

Very well said! :applause: :cheers:

Everybody has some truth in their threads. Brunell is an average quarterback he does only use one half of the field his left side. He can not throw to his right, his big play passes are screen passes which Moss or portis turns the play into a big one.

I also feel that ramsey would have us with the same record or better. Brunell is 12-17 as a starter which is horrible. Campbell needs to play he can scramble better than brunell. He did play in the SEC which is a tough division. He made plays where the defense knew he was going to throw and he still completed the pass downfield, not a screen pass.

I do believe gibbs is calling good plays are quarterback just cant execute them in the game. He never audibles when an obvious blitz is called and he runs to the left before the play has broke down. Other than the dallas game earlier in week 2 he hasnt completed crap to the right side.

i do believe it will be a hard fought game and close. I hope we come out on top. But as everyone knows the refs will blow a call or two againist the redskins that will have a tremendous effect on the outcome of the game.

Go skins.

Brunell is 12-17 as a starter which is horrible.

Where does everyone keep gettin 17 from!??! We haven't even lost 17 total games since Gibbs has been here!!! And Brunell certainly hasn't started 29 games for us. As a starter, Brunell is 9-11 for us. Ooooooh....that's an eery number, isn't it?!?! Yikes....

Take a good look at the company you keep.

I don't need to follow up every post that agrees with me with applause. Or this thread would reach 1000 responses very easily.

The company I keep? :rolleyes: He made a good point about the game that I happened to agree with. That a LOT of people happen to agree with, so I let him know. Your 'holier than thou' attitude gives what you say more credit though, so keep with it! :jerk:

And for the record, DH, I don't follow up every post that agrees with me with applause...I would be at nearly 3 times the post count I'm at now if that were the case! :)

Instead of making accusations... why don't you look at my posting history. It's pretty simple to do... and you might actually find that I'm right more than I'm wrong.

I'm more interested in facts though.... than wasting time making ignorant accusations. You bring anything to the table?

The company I keep? :rolleyes: He made a good point about the game that I happened to agree with. That a LOT of people happen to agree with, so I let him know. Your 'holier than thou' attitude gives what you say more credit though, so keep with it! :jerk:

You haven't read his earlier posts in this thread. Put it this way.... when JBooma sides with you... you know you've got problems.

Take a good look at the company you keep.

I don't need to follow up every post that agrees with me with applause. Or this thread would reach 1000 responses very easily.

Hear this partner,

I believe this crossed a line. If it's about an opinion on football, than disregard this. I could care less.

If you're making an insinuation on my character, blatant or indirectly, well that is unacceptable to me.

I would like you to clarify what you meant by that remark. You can do it on this thread, IM me, or call me personally collect, but you better explain that.

I disagreed with your take in this thread. I didn't know you were a 'mod' or whatever. I really don't care. I used aggressive language at times, but I kept it in the realm of football and Washington Redskins. I don't ever make anything 'personal' in the Stadium.

I vehemently disagree at times, but this seems much more. Please explain.

Archived