Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins showing some attitude?

vegeta613

Not that it means anything but when the Skins scored the game sealing TD they didn't even seem excited about it

When Rogers got the game Sealing INT he didn't even smile he (and teammates) just walked off the field as to say lets get the hell out of here

Seems like there is a bit of an attitude change with the Skins team

I really do hate the constant on-the-field cheerleading... celebrating every tackle by running into the opponent's backfield and pumping your chest (this, in particular, is getting waaaayyy out of hand), making the first down sign after every catch, etc., etc., etc. Hopefully, Gibbs is taking us back to the days when you score a touchdown and act like you have been there before and plan to be there again. Remember Riggins... scoring a TD then nonchalantly tossing the football to the ref and trotting back to our bench.

Class.

Remembering this is a team game.

God, I am glad Gibbs is our coach again!!!!!!!!!

Hail Skins!

Hail Joe Gibbs!

Well, I like that type of approach more than celebrating after every catch to tackle.

It makes it seem as though you expect to be in those situations.

Me too TD. While on one hand I like to see the guys having fun and enjoying where they're palying and each other...I'd really like seeing a more mean, no fooling around tempermant start to show on the filed all the time. We had that type of attitude on defsne last year and still do pretty much, but I'd like to see it permeate the offense. A general "I'm really pizzed and I'm taking it out on you" sort of demeanor would be cool.

Me too TD. While on one hand I like to see the guys having fun and enjoying where they're palying and each other...I'd really like seeing a more mean, no fooling around tempermant start to show on the filed all the time. We had that type of attitude on defsne last year and still do pretty much, but I'd like to see it permeate the offense. A general "I'm really pizzed and I'm taking it out on you" sort of demeanor would be cool.

Exactly.

I know that even the good teams have players who celebrate, but to me it appears unprofessional and childish.

I prefer being able to tell that the D and O is fired up, but not because it's in your face...

I really do hate the constant on-the-field cheerleading... celebrating every tackle by running into the opponent's backfield and pumping your chest (this, in particular, is getting waaaayyy out of hand), making the first down sign after every catch, etc., etc., etc. Hopefully, Gibbs is taking us back to the days when you score a touchdown and act like you have been there before and plan to be there again. Remember Riggins... scoring a TD then nonchalantly tossing the football to the ref and trotting back to our bench.

Class.

Remembering this is a team game.

God, I am glad Gibbs is our coach again!!!!!!!!!

Hail Skins!

Hail Joe Gibbs!

Well you must remember that Riggins was always out of breath and had not strength left for a dance and just needed to get to the oxygen tanks on the sideline. :laugh:

Well, I like that type of approach more than celebrating after every catch to tackle.

It makes it seem as though you expect to be in those situations.

AGREE 100%. Even in their post game interviews there was not much celebration going on, it was as if they were saying, lets win these next 4 then we'll celebrate (a little). then lets take care of buisness in the playoffs then we'll celebrate(a little more). Finally, lets win the superbowl....Then we'll celebrate alot. That is their goal. The possibility still exist. That is their main objection. When this team is "ON" I would pick them to beat anyone. The problem is, Can we get "ON" and stay"ON"? On both sides of the ball. :point2sky Yes I'm a "homer" or whatever you guys call a fan that holds out hope in the face of severe opposition. I wont stop believing they can win it all, until It is impossible. :)

I agree. I like the more professional attitude rather then the rub it in your face attitude. For one, it does not give the other team something to feed off of. Plus the skins' know that they need to win out and can't get to over excited about one win while there are still four to win.

Not that it means anything but when the Skins scored the game sealing TD they didn't even seem excited about it

When Rogers got the game Sealing INT he didn't even smile he (and teammates) just walked off the field as to say lets get the hell out of here

Seems like there is a bit of an attitude change with the Skins team

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice. Sounds great to me. I hope it continues.

Yeah I was going to mention this. I especially noticed it on the Rogers INT. I mean that was a helluva pick but it was all business, barely even cracked a smile, then MW came up gave him a slap and they all sprinted off the field.

I telll you what though. If we beat arizona and then have some big plays against Dallas, your going to see some celebrating with that home crowd.

I dont want to say that no attitude is very good because it is important for momentum to be in our favor. I am glad that we dont get overly anxious when we make a play, but it is important for players to be excited and proud when they make a play. believe it or not, hype can go a long way in this game

I'm not sure that we weren't celebrating just because we weren't at home. Normally when our guys do all their dances, and cart wheels, and chest pumps, etc. it's in front of a home crowd. If they are still cool, calm and collected at home I will believe you.

With all that said, it might be a little better if they do SOME celebrating at home. It pumps the 12th man up a lot. They just have to know when enough is enough.

(the blonde chick with the long neck) ...

LMAO!

I am pumped up a lot when they celebrate, but at this point of the season where we are, it is good to see this "Kick ass" attitude. It's almost like that type of reaction/no reaction is saying "This is what we came here to do. We know we can do it, and we will continue to do it"

HAIL SKINS!! :point2sky

georgiaredskin got it...im happy with this attitude and i think it is more of a feeling of being pissed off and just being out there to get a win...they dotn care abotu st louis or arizona they are gonna have serious business like attitudes for the rest of the year every hit and play i think is just them letting go of frustration at the last 3 weeks before st louis and they wont take it easy on anyone because they expected to have six wins a long time ago...i think some of those guys like springs expected more out of the team this year then we did :logo: :applause:

I had some fears that we were becoming a Sympathy Team in these games which enabled us to lose:

Buccaneers-sympathy for the rookie Chris Simms

Chargers-sympathy for Marty

Raiders-sympathy for Norv

And of course, last but not least,

Giants-sympathy about Wellington Mara

But am thankful we had no mercy on:

Dallas (for being AHs)

Eagles (sympathy for TO being gone)

Bears (for rookie Kyle Orton)

Rams (for poor, poor Harvard rookie Fitzpatrick)

NO MORE SYMPATHY!!!!!!!!!! :point2sky

:laugh: well i dont know about the sympathy thing because there is at least one or two things to feel bad for any team for every game but i dont think thats us but i hope we dont have any "sympathy" for the cardinals i hope we pull the noose around their neck even tighter just like we did their favorite team to pick on, the 49ers :logo:

Archived