Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN SportsNation Chat - NFCEast

slinky

come on the giants are so inconsistant. They lost to a vikings team that had less than 100 yards total offense or something ridiculous. Mark my words, if we win out, we make the playoffs.

WE ARE INCONSISTANT!! We can't call the gaints inconsistant with what we have been doing this year.

I don't agree with Atlanta and the Vikes getting the two Wild Cards spots. I see the Bucs and one NFCE team (hopefully the Skins)

I agree I dont see the Falcons especially in 3rd in NFCS getting a playoff spot. Vikings well I wait and see. Bucs have lost to teams with bad records(San Francisco, N.Y. Jets) I dont know the other 2 teams they lost to.

At great personal risk, I'm going to go ahead and say that I still think Dallas is a solid football team, and I certainly do not feel good about our chances to beat them in 2 weeks. :(

Their D is still very good. They held the Giants to 10 offensive points at home... and save one or two meltdowns over the course of the season I haven't seen anyone have their way with the Cowboys D yet.

To be honest, they aren't much different than us. The difference is that they had much better luck than we have.

Jason

Question for mods or those in the know:

How legitimate is this (about Campbell's development)?

common sense tells you campbell isn't close to being ready--especially the way gibbs wants his qbs to perform. i would wager that ramsey and campbell can make more plays than brunell with their arm and athleticism respectively, however its the mistakes gibbs is more concerned. gibbs rather have a qb that won't throw for TDs as long as he doesn't throw INTs.

common sense tells you campbell isn't close to being ready--especially the way gibbs wants his qbs to perform. i would wager that ramsey and campbell can make more plays than brunell with their arm and athleticism respectively, however its the mistakes gibbs is more concerned. gibbs rather have a qb that won't throw for TDs as long as he doesn't throw INTs.

If QB was all about arm strength you may have been correct. However there is much more to it, like touch on a throw. In this respect, Brunell is so far superior to Ramsey that there is truly no comparison. Additionally, he can scramble and he can throw on the run. Neither of which Ramsey is particularly good at. Campbell, we just don't know yet...

Brunell has plenty of arm BTW.

I think Leonard is on it. Don't think that since other rookie QBs are starting, that Campbell must be far behind them or that Campbell is lacking talent. Campbell is far from starting according to Gibbs' standards - which is relatively mistake-free ball. By that standard no other rookie QB is close to being ready to start either, despite their starting status.

All sounds fair, although I think we'll see Campbell next year not in 2007, but I've been wrong before

Then we'll be wrong together on this one. I see Brunell as starter without doubt barring injury and Campbell as #2 with a 3rd to be p/u as cheap as possible. With likely Campbell reliefs or starts being definitively planned for because of Brunell's wearing durbaility as he finishes this rest of this year and moves well into the next.

I agree I dont see the Falcons especially in 3rd in NFCS getting a playoff spot. Vikings well I wait and see. Bucs have lost to teams with bad records(San Francisco, N.Y. Jets) I dont know the other 2 teams they lost to.

They lost to Chicago, and they got blown out by Carolina.

Question for mods or those in the know:

How legitimate is this (about Campbell's development)?

No idea. Besides, without putting him in the game, its all opinion anyway. I suggest you ask Joe Bugel in our upcoming chat. His reply would give you some idea what the thinking at Redskin's Park is.

Good chat. Pretty reasonable assesment. If even a little favorable for us.

zoony: I'm not in the know, but for what I've heard he just hasn't gotten the quick read aptitude yet. That's what he's missing right now. His physical delivery and mechanics are excellent though.

What and Brunell does? Our current Qb has a 3 read progression, Moss then Cooley, then fumble. I think Cambell can handle that.

What and Brunell does? Our current Qb has a 3 read progression, Moss then Cooley, then fumble. I think Cambell can handle that.

Come on man - you know thats a huge exaggeration. Brunell's looked more than a little tentative at times lately, but he's hardly a disaster. He's outright won games for us this year. He split double-coverage and hit Moss on a crucial 30 yarder yesterday. He's made mistakes, but certainly no more than most of the rest of the team.

If you think it couldn't be far far worse, I'm guessing you're wrong. Theres a reason why NFL backups are almost always popular. They haven't gotten in there and screwed it all up yet :)

Archived