Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Beer, Boorishness in Stands Spoil Games for Some Fans

Commander PK

So...the very thing that makes a football game special is the fact that you can behave like a sailor on leave in Thailand.

I always thought it was seeing an NFL game in person.

Its clear you don't make it to many games and could care less how loud it gets. That is fine to each his own :whoknows: Our stadium is not that bad compared to others around the league.

Its clear you don't make it to many games and could care less how loud it gets. That is fine to each his own :whoknows: Our stadium is not that bad compared to others around the league.

I've probably been to more games in more stadiums and arenas than most here. And I worked at concert halls and arenas all through college as a vendor. So, I have some experience.

Actually, in fairness, FedEx is better than Philly, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Partly because I think it's because Danny has out-priced most of the truck drivin' crowd. And nothing on earth can prepare you for the hell that is West Virginia University night football game. And my job once at a Lynyrd Sknynyrd concert was to walk around the lawn with a fire extinguisher to put out bonfires.

But you seem to defending fan boorishness in general. I just don't understand why anyone would defend public drunkeness of any kind.

I've probably been to more games in more stadiums and arenas than most here. And I worked at concert halls and arenas all through college as a vendor. So' date=' I have some experience.

Actually, in fairness, FedEx is better than Philly, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Partly because I think it's because Danny has out-priced most of the truck drivin' crowd. And nothing on earth can prepare you for the hell that is West Virginia University night football game. And my job once at a Lynyrd Sknynyrd concert was to walk around the lawn with a fire extinguisher to put out bonfires.

But you seem to defending fan boorishness in general. I just don't understand why anyone would defend public drunkeness of any kind.[/quote']

People who don't know there limit shouldn't drink but I would rather have a rowdy drunk fan behind me instead of a stuck up prick who is telling me to sit down when its 3rd and long and we are on defense :doh:

No, the Bill of Rights does.

If you dont like the environment of a professional football game, then go get tix for the ballet.

And who is spending hundreds of dollars inside the stadium? Thats what tailgating is for. Plus, its pretty easy to sneak 6 beers in instead of spending the $50. Sorry Mr Snyder.

What about the stadium rules? Are you seriously saying that it is your right to behave that way under the Bill of Rights? I have no problem with the environment of a professional football game, I guess we just have different views of what that is/should be.

Staduim Rules

In addition, any Guests involved in the following will be subject to ejection:

Displaying inconsiderate or otherwise inappropriate behavior towards others.

Using foul language.

Appearing intoxicated.

Throwing any objects.

Violating the smoking policy.

Attempting to access areas without the proper ticket, pass and/or credential, or misuse of tickets, passes and/or credentials.

Failing to follow the instructions of FedExField representatives and/or the police.

Guests ejected from FedExField are not eligible for a refund. Season ticket account holders are responsible for the actions of any individual using their tickets. Inappropriate behavior by anyone using an account holder's ticket(s) is cause for revocation of season ticket privileges.

Actually' date=' in fairness, FedEx is better than Philly, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Partly because I think it's because Danny has out-priced most of the truck drivin' crowd. And nothing on earth can prepare you for the hell that is West Virginia University night football game. [/quote']

See now you had to go and insult my school. WVU football games are heaven on earth for me. Especially afternoon/night games when the student section has had another 3-7 hours to get fueled up. By fueled up, i mean drunk. Of course, some of us are better at having fun than others.

If you are going to ***** and moan about it.....DONT GO! Stay at your retirement home and watch it on TV and drink your mush. Who wants to go to a football game and sit there quietly and politely? ITS A VIOLENT SPORT. Football is for the regular, beer swilling, Homer Simpson crowd, and you want to watch the game and knit an afgan? People like you are the reason the Skins dont have a deafening 12th man despite >91,000 seats.

See now you had to go and insult my school. WVU football games are heaven on earth for me. Especially afternoon/night games when the student section has had another 3-7 hours to get fueled up. By fueled up, i mean drunk. Of course, some of us are better at having fun that others.

If you are going to ***** and moan about it.....DONT GO! Stay at your retirement home and watch it on TV and drink your mush. Who wants to go to a football game and sit there quietly and politely? ITS A VIOLENT SPORT. Football is for the regular, beer swilling, Homer Simpson crowd, and you want to watch the game and knit an afgan? People like you are the reason the Skins dont have a deafening 12th man despite >91,000 seats.

I've been going to WVU games since I was 5. I have a picture of myself in a WVU t-shirt sitting next to the governor of the great state of WV from that very game.

I've tailgated at more WVU games than I care to remember. (I mean, I saw them play Pacific one year...and Pacific doesn't even have a team anymore). I've been to games at Morgantown, Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, Princeton, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Penn, and who knows where else.

And I've been a loud, crazy fan at most of those places.

I don't see why I need to be obnoxious, drunk, or violent though. And I don't see why I need to deal with obnoxious, drunk, or violent people.

I dont care that the redskins fans were fighting oakland fans...(Im actually proud of those skins fans). but anyway...the rest of it is bs except fans should be able to scream at the top of their lunges in a football game...ITS A FOOTBALL GAME.... go watch a baseball game or somthing if you dont wanna hear screaming...

Bottom Line: FEDEX FIELD IS BUSH LEAGUE, GET OVER IT...

I read the article and didn't get the impression that people are against screaming at the top of their lungs.

Yea...I don't see how this became an argument against cheering.

I'm also concerned that there seems to be a belief that you have to be drunk and obnoxious to cheer loudly. I've been drunk at two sporting events in my life. And I didn't really cheer at those games; I drank.

Yea...I don't see how this became an argument against cheering.

I'm also concerned that there seems to be a belief that you have to be drunk and obnoxious to cheer loudly. I've been drunk at two sporting events in my life. And I didn't really cheer at those games; I drank.

Agreed, I had almost nil to drink at the tailgate (I usually don't drink that much in the stadium maybe one beer, which I didn't even have), and I was screaming my head off at the game yesterday...

Agreed, I had almost nil to drink at the tailgate (I usually don't drink that much in the stadium maybe one beer, which I didn't even have), and I was screaming my head off at the game yesterday...

The best group of fans I've ever attended a game with were non-drinkers. It actually freaked me out a little because I like having a beer or two at a game, and it felt like drinking in front of my minister.

But they got there early, had the best tailgate food I'd ever had, were dressed like mannequins at the team store, and cheered like crazy during the game.

No, the Bill of Rights does.

If you dont like the environment of a professional football game, then go get tix for the ballet.

And who is spending hundreds of dollars inside the stadium? Thats what tailgating is for. Plus, its pretty easy to sneak 6 beers in instead of spending the $50. Sorry Mr Snyder.

I took Constitutional Law in law school' date=' but I must have missed this day.

Please elaborate.[/quote']

Lemme see. Cursing is protected under the First Amendment (Freedom of Speech) and getting drunk is protected by the 21st Amendment, the repeal of Prohibiton.

Hopefully you missed that day b/c you went out and got hammered the night before. :cheers:

man theres nothing better than a raiders fan getting ejected by at least 1/4 the personal. screw all this if wed have won the game it would read

Raiders fans ruin game because they start fights

We dont loose at home. period end of story. i think joe has got a lot of film to do in order to make up 4 this lose.

Alchohol doesnt start fights fans do. man skins sure using excuses the refs now this. and by the way i also was flicking off those refs :cheers:

Man we are getting all over the place here. A few things to keep in mind guys; personal responsibility means you act without comparing yourself to others. We may be better behaved than Philly, or English soccer hooligans, but if drunken idiocy is prohibited in a private venue then it is wrong. Period. Just being better than others does not excuse us. Also, we have to make clear why we go to games, because unless EVERYONE goes to FedEx to get wasted and heckle opposing fans, we got a problem. Do you honestly want your children exposed to this without your control? Under the logic that we are keeping our society in a "protective bubble," why not commit cut off someone's head with an axe, so little Timmy can see what the world is REALLY like?

Australians go to Aussie-rules football games in which there are tons of fans from each team there. They drink full-strength Aussie beer, which is far more potent than what's sold at FedEx. They complain at night games when they have to drink "mid-strength" beer, which is STILL more alcoholic than Bud. They drink gallons and gallons of the stuff.

There is a LOT of crowd noise. People get rowdy. People cheer.

There is very little cursing. There is almost no fighting. People love to take their kids to these games.

So here's my idea: take a lesson from Australians and LEARN TO HOLD YOUR LIQUOR.

Archived