Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Beer, Boorishness in Stands Spoil Games for Some Fans

Commander PK

If you don't like it dont come. I saw plenty of people there to "watch the game" and sat on their a$$ not cheering during crucial 3rd downs.

At the Philly game I was pointing these fans out. Telling them to stand up and cheer. Sure, I was drunk. But I don't think I was out of line. I am there to be loud and cheer my team onto victory.

I'm sure your drunken commands to those fans really inspired them to root, root, root for the Redskins. Thanks, slm. :rolleyes:

I was sitting next to two "Skins fans" that did not cheer the whole game. I don't like that. A Sunday night game vs. a division opponent (a team we had not beat in years). Its 3rd/ 4th down at the end of the 4th quarter, Eagles look to be on the verge of scoring and they are sitting there. That wouldn't piss you off?

Believe me, I have enough to yell at lazy fans and cheer on the Skins. There is plenty of time for that between downs for that.

No, it wouldn't upset me at all. They bought the ticket; they could read a novel during the game if they wanted. I would find it odd behavior that someone would come to a game and not cheer, but why on earth would I get angry about such a thing?

In fact, on my list of the Top Ten annoying fans at sporting events, the "cheerleader" ranks number 3. I always want to throw something at the guy who is constantly screaming at the section to stand up and make noise, etc. I'm 31. I'll decide when I stand. For the record, Number one is the drunk guy and number two is the unfunny heckler.

I love great hecklers by the way. But it's a talent and not everyone has it.

At the Philly game I was pointing these fans out. Telling them to stand up and cheer. Sure, I was drunk. But I don't think I was out of line. I am there to be loud and cheer my team onto victory.

They have a ticket just like you. Meaning, they can choose to enjoy the game any way they please so long as it doesn't infringe on your ability to enjoy the game any way your ticket entitles you. Some people choose not to be demonstrative. It's not your place nor your right to tell them to act otherwise.

I'm sure your drunken commands to those fans really inspired them to root, root, root for the Redskins. Thanks, slm. :rolleyes:

Actually, it did! My sister and I were the cheerleaders of our section. Especially night games, what do you expect when you come to the stadium? I wasn't cursing or starting fights. Just trying to get the crowd a little more pumped.

It's not like I'm pointing at them yelling "get the f*ck up dumb sh!t*

Just like "come guys stand up."

There were plenty of more belligerent idiots there to attract different kinds of attention.

I understand they pay for their tickets, just like me. But if you can't see a 3rd down play b/c I'm standing. Then stand up. Don;t tell me to sit down. If I'm cheering to loud then don't come. And if its 4th down for the Eagles with 25 seconds left in the game and you are sitting there, looking stupid then what was the point of coming? What type of Skins fan would do that....probably a corporate jerk, who go the ticket for free.....

No' date=' it wouldn't upset me at all. They bought the ticket; they could read a novel during the game if they wanted. I would find it odd behavior that someone would come to a game and not cheer, but why on earth would I get angry about such a thing?

In fact, on my list of the Top Ten annoying fans at sporting events, the "cheerleader" ranks number 3. I always want to throw something at the guy who is constantly screaming at the section to stand up and make noise, etc. I'm 31. I'll decide when I stand. For the record, Number one is the drunk guy and number two is the unfunny heckler.

I love great hecklers by the way. But it's a talent and not everyone has it.[/quote']

Sad thing is that, back in the day, it didn't take a "cheerleader" to get the fans on their feet. It was a given.

If you want to sit on your arse, so be it, just do it at home and give your ticket to someone that actually gets into the game.

My number one annoying fan is the one that sits there emotionless and indifferent to what is going on on the field.

Stay home and watch it on TV.

:2cents:

I love great hecklers by the way. But it's a talent and not everyone has it.

At the Oakland game a Raiders fan a couple rows ahead of us had the full "Raider Nation" outfit on. Raider jersey, face painted black and silver, fake plastic spike wrist bands

AND

football shoulder pads worn on the outside with 2 life-size skulls, one glued on each shoulder. From behind it almost looked like three people sitting there.

Best line: Hey, nice outfit!. Which one of you 3 is the brains of the operation?

At the Oakland game a Raiders fan a couple rows ahead of us had the full "Raider Nation" outfit on. Raider jersey, face painted black and silver, fake plastic spike wrist bands

AND

football shoulder pads worn on the outside with 2 life-size skulls, one glued on each shoulder. From behind it almost looked like three people sitting there.

Best line: Hey, nice outfit!. Which one of you 3 is the brains of the operation?

That's good stuff.

It's a shame that a family can't go to a game anymore and not be subjected to drunken fools. I'm not just saying this about Washington, it's several NFL teams. I have family - Washington fans - who went to a preseason game. A drunk skin fan spat mouthfulls of beer on the back of their son, more than once. Eventually the father popped the guy in the mouth and a mini-brawl ensued. All involved were made to leave the stadium.

Dan Snyder and other owners shouldn't tolerate this. I don't know where this notion that an NFL game isn't for kids came from. IMO, an NFL game and public places in general aren't for drunken morons who can't speak without profanity.

There's no excuse for this sort of behavior from any fan. Skin fans - and Cowboy fans as well - like to talk condescendingly about Philly fans, when in truth, they're just as bad.

So because this guy isn't a sports-writer, he can't have an opinion on the topic and a well thought out story about it??? I'm not saying I totally agree or disagree with everything he wrote, but I enjoyed reading the article and it made me think about the topic. That's what writers are supposed to do. I don't need him to be able to explain a play-action fake to me.

He can have an opinion, but it shouldnt be published in the WP. I wouldnt ask Bob Woodward about the noise my car is making, and I wouldnt trust Wilbons opinion on the National Budget. Writers need to stick to topics they know something about. So some obituaries writer's opinion on behavior at a football game means s*** to me.

You would think FedEx would have a family section. They started that at Safeco Field for the Mariner games and now they do it for the Seahawk games as well. It works out great for everyone.

Now that is a heck of an idea.....a no-drinking section that will have you thrown out in an instant for causing any scene.

I have no problem with a "family" section (or group of rows in a section).

Just don't hope it's in my section (even though, I don't usually drink at the tailgates or games-- screaming kids can sometimes be much worse that drunks).

Worst event at FedEx I've been to was the Stones concert a few years ago. People constantly moving in front of us, going in and out to get beer, beer, and more beer while the Stones are on stage! As the review in the Post stated after the concert "The attendees decided to get in touch with their inner jack---........"

No, the Bill of Rights does.

If you dont like the environment of a professional football game, then go get tix for the ballet.

And who is spending hundreds of dollars inside the stadium? Thats what tailgating is for. Plus, its pretty easy to sneak 6 beers in instead of spending the $50. Sorry Mr Snyder.

Actually, the BoR would favor those who are victims of the boorish behavior! Just like you don't have a Right to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre.

Archived