Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Respect ????

Stucon

It amazes me that when we lose to Denver or Kansas City, all the "smart" columnists use it as proof that the Redskins are a team in trouble or a team with issues. Yet in those games, we got no breaks but bad breaks. Then, we get a few breaks and we are deemed to be lucky to have won. The skins have the second to worst turnover ratio in the NFC. If anything, the preponderance of breaks have not gone our way. When the breaks do start going our way, the rest of the league better watch out.

Then they go as far as to negatively compare us to the "good" teams like Atlanta with their great quarterback. Guess what, Vick is the 26th rated QB in the league and Brunell is the 12th. Guess what else, Atlanta has not beaten a team with a winning record this year. True. Check it out. In fact, the combined record of all the teams Atlanta has beaten is 17 wins and 32 losses. The record of the teams that Washington has beaten is 22 wins and 18 losses.

I am disappointed that so much of the media writing focus on the Redskins chances of winning a wild card. Guess what again, Only one win separates the Redskins from the Best record in the NFC. Yet, they are deemed to be an also-ran by the sports writers - including our own from DC. We are right in the hunt, not for the wild card in isolation, but for the division title.

Because of our "tough" schedule remaining, we are deemed to not have a chance going down the stretch. Last I looked, the Giants have a pretty darn tough schedule as well with Philly, Seattle, Philly again, KC, and Washington. We've even had a tougher schedule then them thus far with the teams they've beaten having a record of 21 wins and 28 losses.

The Redskins are not the best team in the NFL (yet), but they are winning games. If they continue to win and continue to get better, then who knows? We may be playing in January.

This was a tremendously important win for the Skins for a number of reasons.

We're competitive with any team we play...

Next week, we play a team that has lost 3 of 4 and their wins have been against the NFC North and Miami...I like our chances.

We would have to win two games to overtake the Gmen because of their win over us. Plus their schedule is more favorable then us. Right now it would be hard to win the division if the Gmen keep playing the way the are.

I don't think they will. Not that they are not a good team, but the win over us was as much us as them (we were very flat, they were extremely pumped up), and then they played the 49ers.

I personally couldn't care less what the media has to say about us -- I watch the games -- I see who we are and what we're doing. I don't need them to tell me a damn thing.

I'm not a Skins fans so I can hear Stuart Scott say "Booyah" about us more than other teams.

The media in general will give very general information about our team. Most of us should be above caring what any of them have to say.

Not to mention that I love our team playing the underdog role. Let the opposing teams keep sleeping on us.....

:point2sky

I don't know...our remaining schedule doesn't seem all that hard to me. Giants and Dallas at home won't be a cakewalk, but we should win them. Oakland at home should be a win as should the cardinals. If we turn it on a bit, we could go 6-2 the rest of the season.

I wouldn't even worry about it let the doubters think whatever, they want to the Skins know what kind of team they are us as fans know what kind of team they are just let them continue to win and the doubters continue to come up with lame excuses because in reality that's all they doing. They trying to justify their predictions by coming up with excuses why the team they pick didn't win screw them..

The reason they say Wild card is valid. Granted, their tune changes every week, but right now they're right. True, at 5-3 we're only one game behind the best record in the NFC, but there's FOUR teams with a better record right now.

Seattle 6-2

Carolina 6-2

Atlanta 6-2

New York 6-2

And there's three teams tied with us:

Dallas 5-3

Washington 5-3

Chicago 5-3

Tampa Bay 5-3

By my count, that's eight teams for six spots (And that's not counting the 4-4 Rams & the 4-4 Eagles)

How would you rank these eight?

You could put us ahead of Chicago, Tampa, & Dallas. Right now, behind Carolina, Atlanta, Seatte, & New York.

True, the Giants haven't shown they can win on the road, but they put a whoopin on us. I have no doubt in my mind that we would beat Seattle at FedEx, but they're a different team at home. And regardless of the fact that we own tiebreakers over Seattle AND Chicago, a playoff game with them would be on the road unless we win the division.

And with everyone bunched up the way it is, this makes Sunday's game at Tampa a HUGE one. It may even be a must win........

It's probably too early to do the "if the season ended today" crap (actually, it definitely is) but here it is anyway.

DIVISION CHAMPS- Giants, Seahawks, Panthers, Bears

WILD CARDS- Falcons, Us (tiebreaker with Dallas, then better than Tampa)

This isn't last years NFC kids. We're the #2 wild card at best right now (if i did the tiebreaker right).......

The reason they say Wild card is valid. Granted, their tune changes every week, but right now they're right. True, at 5-3 we're only one game behind the best record in the NFC, but there's FOUR teams with a better record right now.

Seattle 6-2

Carolina 6-2

Atlanta 6-2

New York 6-2

And there's three teams tied with us:

Dallas 5-3

Washington 5-3

Chicago 5-3

Tampa Bay 5-3

By my count, that's eight teams for six spots (And that's not counting the 4-4 Rams & the 4-4 Eagles)

How would you rank these eight?

You could put us ahead of Chicago, Tampa, & Dallas. Right now, behind Carolina, Atlanta, Seatte, & New York.

True, the Giants haven't shown they can win on the road, but they put a whoopin on us. I have no doubt in my mind that we would beat Seattle at FedEx, but they're a different team at home. And regardless of the fact that we own tiebreakers over Seattle AND Chicago, a playoff game with them would be on the road unless we win the division.

And with everyone bunched up the way it is, this makes Sunday's game at Tampa a HUGE one. It may even be a must win........

It's probably too early to do the "if the season ended today" crap (actually, it definitely is) but here it is anyway.

DIVISION CHAMPS- Giants, Seahawks, Panthers, Bears

WILD CARDS- Falcons, Us (tiebreaker with Dallas, then better than Tampa)

This isn't last years NFC kids. We're the #2 wild card at best right now (if i did the tiebreaker right).......

Money.

Is it just me but I thought we got alot of "props" or "respect" when we lost to Denver and Kansas City. Especially Denver.

I dont know if you guys are looking for something thats not there or I just dont see it. Don't get me wrong, some analyst say we got something wrong here and there, but the truth is, we do.

I think the media has been on our side this year, especially after the Denver game. True we took a hit after the crappy performance against the Giants but what do you expect?

We would have to win two games to overtake the Gmen because of their win over us. Plus their schedule is more favorable then us. Right now it would be hard to win the division if the Gmen keep playing the way the are.

No.. we just have to beat the G-men in our house in December, then we may end up with the advantage having more division wins, because we were able to get one on the road in Dallas. The G-men aren't so hot when they are on the road. They couldn't even manage to start pulling away from the 49ers until late in the second half. It was also their first road win of the season (Not a great sign). If they don't find away to win a tough one on the road, the Giants are not going to win this division.

That Dallas game is going to prove to be very pivotal by the end of the season.

First I do not give a damn what the media thinks. They have proven on more than one occasion that they are fans themselves. Homers in disguise if you will.

I think the Eagles are going to beat the Gints. In fact I am looking for the Eagles to knock off the Cowpukes and Gints. TO or no TO they are going to be fine.

At the risk of the ire of fellow fans...

The fact is that we are a 5-3 team that should legitimately be 3-5; maybe 2-6.

Sure, "better lucky than good", but how much respect do we really deserve given the way the season has unfolded thusfar, and the way we have just ended up with more points than our oponents (not to be confused with beaten) on multiple occasions?

It's easy to let the emotions of being a 'Skins fan overake what has really happend to date.

Hoping the fates in the second half are as favorable though!

Get beat 36-0 in the division and you don't deserve any respect. We need to rattle off some wins, beat the Giants here, beat Dallas here and hope the Giants split with Philly. That puts us in as the division champ period. Then we get respect. Until then....don't deserve any.

Archived