Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens doubtful for week 9

Eli The Future

I'd rather Me-O play.

I want to beat the Best Philly has to offer. We wont or atleast I wont get the same satisfaction of beating them when they are wounded....then again we are banged up in a lot of areas on D so I guess it evens out.

Still though I want ME-O in there when the game is over....just like last year when Moss did decide to play after being injured and had to suck up the L and walked off all dejected...thats what I Want!

HTTR

At this point in the year, you rarely get "the best" anyone has to offer. If you want the best the most important thing you could do is go back about 6 months and fix the new envogue injury in the NFL...the SPORTS HERNIA, that is hampering Mr McNabb. (remember when the "high ankle sprain" was the cool injury to have, i think before that it was the infamous "turf toe")

Has anyone thought that this might be a blessing to the Eagles?

The Eagles have the biggest offensive line in the NFL and now they will be forced to run which the public has demanded for weeks. Look for the Eagles to be balanced and I wouldn't be surpised if the team runs the ball more than 25 times with Gordon and Westbrook splitting carries.

So the Iggles will be balanced on O? :laugh: Is Andy Reid not calling the plays any more?

Here's the full article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2211321

Receiver Terrell Owens has told the Eagles that his availability for two key NFC East games against the Redskins and Cowboys is in jeopardy because of a sprained ankle he sustained against the Broncos in Denver on Sunday, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

You've got to wonder if this is over a sprained ankle or a sprained contract with Owens :laugh:

If you have watched there games, that is basically what it has been. For years, the Eagles were known as a team that spread the ball around....with Owens on the team, that disappeared.

Hopefully it will be as successful as it was during the previous season and during last seasons playoffs. I'd look for a heavy dose of screens and zone blocking schemes.

I understand what you're saying, 5.

But bottom line ... if my choices are playing your team THIS weekend with a healthy T.O., or playing them without him and scrambling to change their entire offensive approach on the fly, midweek in week 8 of the season, heading into a road venue against a divisional opponent who plays them twice a year and knows them as well as anyone (meaning there probably aren't going to be many real suprises Reid can throw at Williams at this point) ... I just don't see how you can realistically try to sell the notion that losing the most dangerous WR in football is somehow a good thing.

Maybe you can convince yourself, though. :)

But bottom line ... if my choices are playing your team THIS weekend with a healthy T.O., or playing them without him and scrambling to change their entire offensive approach on the fly, midweek in week 8 of the season, heading into a road venue against a divisional opponent who plays them twice a year and knows them as well as anyone (meaning there probably aren't going to be many real suprises Reid can throw at Williams at this point) ... I just don't see how you can realistically try to sell the notion that losing the most dangerous WR in football is somehow a good thing.

We'd better hope Westbrook and LJ Smith don't go down as well...then we'd REALLY be in trouble because of all the spreading around they'd be doing!! :laugh:

First of all I never saw Tinker Bell Owens get hurt in that game. he must have sprained his ankle on the way to the parking lot thinking about Sean Taylor laying him out on Sunday night.

Second of all, Owens is a me first kind of dude, and he sees Philadelphia fading fast,so he is protecting his stock. He will definitely start his off season horse**** as soon as Philadelphia does not win the Division or does not make the playoffs.

Thirdly, this could just be a bull**** report because I saw the whole game and the guy was in until the last play sprinting downfield.

I'm using last year's playoffs as a template for Sunday night. Especially since word out of Philly has Westbrook signing a long term deal with a 8 million dollar signing bonus,

I'm using last year's playoffs as a template for Sunday night. Especially since word out of Philly has Westbrook signing a long term deal with a 8 million dollar signing bonus,

Donovan was Donovan during last year's playoffs, brother.

And your team hadn't been plastered in Dallas or your D just given up 49.

Just sayin' as far as templates go.

Right now i would take the win with or without Owens makes no diff but I am just getting the fealling we are folding like cheap chairs, and I was quite optomistic the begining of the week putting the Giants loss behind me but the problems on D have been there every week and now the O is showing signs of breaking . I'll be happy halftime on sunday then we will know one way or the other weather we can weather the storm or start sinking fast .

I'm reminded of the wonderful Irish toast: "May those who love us, love us, and for those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts, and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so that we'll know them by their limping."

Get well soon, T.O. ;)

now that is a prayer i can agree with :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Ok, Philly fans...what play did he hurt himself on in last Sunday's game at Denver?

Now, the devil in me wants to say that TO is doing what I predicted over the last 3 or so months, but no...no...that can't be.

TO is not faking or exaggerating an injury to scuttle the Eagles' season is he? No...no...go away evil one...no.

Donovan was Donovan during last year's playoffs, brother.

And your team hadn't been plastered in Dallas or your D just given up 49.

Just sayin' as far as templates go.

True, but as far as everyone saying they didn't have a chance without TO and winning out...plus the starters had what a 3 week vacation if you include the St. Louis and Cinny game then the bye week.

This is certainly more a joke than anything serious, but, in a time of free agency and contract disputes, who knows, we may have to eat our words one day, and cheer on TO in a Redskins jersey. That would be like Riggins in a Cowboy jersey. The thought makes me cringe.:helmet: :eaglesuck

Has anyone thought that this might be a blessing to the Eagles? It not only forces them to become a balanced team as far as pass to run ratios, but it also forces McNabb to pass to his other weapons. It was known that he always looked for Owens, but if you remember during there playoff run last year, players like Greg Lewis, LJ Smith and of course Westbook caused problems.

The Eagles have the biggest offensive line in the NFL and now they will be forced to run which the public has demanded for weeks. Look for the Eagles to be balanced and I wouldn't be surpised if the team runs the ball more than 25 times with Gordon and Westbrook splitting carries. I also expect Smith to have a big night as well as Greg Lewis. He is a slot reciever who was forced into the number two role, now he will be back at his normal spot.

I guess then you expect us to get killed. I don't blame you after our performace against the Giants. However I just don't think the Eagles are made to run the ball. I also think that with Arrington starting, even if they run the ball, we will not see any long runs. Just have that feeling.

I'm definitely agreeing with everybody on here saying smokescreen. I think the shoulder problems supposedly sidelining Kearse are phony too. They will both play Sunday so we better be prepared to deal with them.

I don't know if Owens is playing or not, but I disagree about the idea that this is a smokescreen of some sort.

What would be the point of one? To fool Gibbs and his staff?

Do you really think Ried and the Eagles are so stupid as to think that they only haft to say that Owens is probably out and the Redskins are going to believe it and not game plan for him? Then come Sunday Night, they suddenly SPRING Owens on them and the Redskins are caught flat-footed? :rolleyes:

Right now, the Redskins are game planning as if Owens is 100% and is gonna play.

Two things about game-planning.... you never let OTHER coaches words dictate how you set up yours and you NEVER ass-u-me anything. :)

Archived