Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo!: Lock of the Week

terpfan

Didnt see this posted.

Yahoo! - Week 7 primer: Some first-class coaching

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Washington over San Francisco. The fire that Niners rookie QB Alex Smith has been thrown into turns into an inferno this week -- in the form of Gregg Williams' fiery, aggressive Redskins defense, and now there's no Tim Rattay to fan any flames.

As long as we're on this pyro kick, someone better check Santana Moss' shoes, because I think they're smokin'. Washington's primary team color is burgundy, but the whole team should come out in blazin' orange this week. Redskins 23, 49ers 10.

They make it seem like we're going to blow them out... But the prediction is only 23-10.

This offense is certainly worse than Chicago's... I don't see them scoring 10, unless they get a turnover which is returned for a touchdown. But I doubt we'll surpass 30, if we even get to that.

Skins 27 49ers 6

I agree w/ Riggo.....I want to see at least 30. If I don't - I'm worried as well.

We have been given an opportunity. We either grasp it and get a win that will have journalists writing about what a jackass Gibbs is for running up the score on the 9ers or we lose the momentum we had at the beginning of the season.

We need a win. More importantly, we need a win like Georgia Tech had over Cumberland in 1916.

http://www.cumberland.edu/about/gotc/gamestory.html

We'd BETTER surpass 30, or I'm gonna have some concerns.

I don't think our offense is built that way. We have moved the ball very well against Denver and KC, but our only flaw was turnovers and redzone mishaps, both ususally occuring together. I think we'll fix those, and that'll turn into more touchdowns and less field goals. We'll try to control the clock and orchastrate more 14+ play drives instead of throwing it long to Moss downfield like fans will expect.

Of course, this all depends on if our defense forces turnovers, which it should. If they can put us in great field position and shorten the field tremendously, then we should put up 30+. I know we're playing a rookie QB, but I don't think we'll force more than 1, maybe 2 turnovers. Hopefully Lavar gets back onto the field though.

:logo:

They make it seem like we're going to blow them out... But the prediction is only 23-10.

This offense is certainly worse than Chicago's... I don't see them scoring 10, unless they get a turnover which is returned for a touchdown. But I doubt we'll surpass 30, if we even get to that.

Skins 27 49ers 6

For this team, a 13 point margin of victory is a blowout!!! :laugh:

I hate to curse our team by calling us a lock, but we are as close to a lock as they come. In three of their five games, the 49ers have gone without an offensive touchdown. Are they going to change that TREND against the redskins' defense on the road? WE SHOULD HOPE NOT!

This is also the worst defense in the NFL.

We just can't (as in, it's impossible) lose.

Archived