Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Art

novascotiadiesel

I am no "cheerleader" for art or the board or anyone else, this can be very easily verified by searching and reading my limited posts.

But i do come to this site several times per week and it is my only source of redskins info, i chose this site for this purpose for two reasons. 1 the one stop shopping for all the latest news ( thank you bubba et al) and 2 and most importantly because of the insightful comments that can be found here on a subject i am interested in. several posters routinely make valid logical and well thought out posts that are concise informative and show a great deal of intelligence. Art makes the vast majority of these style of posts. in fact i often search threads to see if Art has commented on them because he generally sums up a topic and saves me a great deal of time. i truly appreciate this and in my mind art is the number one draw this site offers.

What i am getting sick of is people bashing him, i, for selfish reasons i admit, do not want him disuaded from continued posting, or eventually worn down and pissed off by the generally unintelligent, baseless and personal attacks he recieves. stick a sock in the bashing unless you are willing to take the time and effort to say something intelligent or rationaly challenge one of his points (i think the average basher may run into a little trouble with that task!)

any how this has been bugging me for a while and now it is off my chest,

also i have always thought la was an idiot, in fact some of my origanal posts on this board were to question him as the leader and voice of the skins and how he was not a good fit for this role please check to confirm, (couldn't resist the told you so!!)

nova...art is one of the more thoughtful and articulate posters on this board....and more importantly one of the "spirits" who have energized and moved the board forward to better things.......but...somehow...having watched him and sometimes tangled with him since the TSN days....I don't think he needs anyone to defend him and I know he isn't immune to pointed exchanges!

Art has been all over, and other message boards recognize him and most dont really like him. However, how often have you seen people on this board bashing him, unless maybe some of these very new members coming in the last 3 months. I havent really seen people bashing him, there are political debates, but those are just debates, otherwise he is a poster who writes very well and has taken heat before from others.

the point is it is just very frustrating to read people bashing continously in a really utterly stupid manner, i can see it becoming a problem. by this i mean if it was me i would eventually just get sick of it all and not bother posting, if that were to happen with art we as users would be robbed of a definte resource. i jsut couldn't not comment on it.

I understand this post fully. And while I often appreciate Art's cogent point of view I dubbed him "Art Almighty" for a reason. It's one thing to engage in spirited dialogue with an opposing point of view, but often he feels the need the call people out as "idiots" and "morons" if their views differ from his. While I have nothing against Art personally and laud his efforts and dedication, I don't believe that someone in his position should be so denigrating and condescending towards fellow members of the community. We all come here for a reason, albeit different reasons, but all should be able to participate and take from the site what they desire without a moderator feeling the need to tell them how stupid they are.

You've got no worries with me.

Trust me when I tell you there's no one here who's ever distressed me in the slightest. Ignorant people do not like hearing they are being ignorant on a topic. I'm not hear to protect people who make dumb comments from being told their comments are dumb.

As angry as Mark the Homer -- using an example -- may be that HE chose to buy seats that weren't ready, then he chose NOT to follow up on it to get is money back, he's not going to persuade others that he's not wrong on the matter and that it was the responsibility of others who made him fall into a situation he doesn't happen to like.

But, I rarely carry that over from one thread to another. Only JBooma is always dumb :).

You've got no worries with me.

Trust me when I tell you there's no one here who's ever distressed me in the slightest. Ignorant people do not like hearing they are being ignorant on a topic. I'm not hear to protect people who make dumb comments from being told their comments are dumb.

As angry as Mark the Homer -- using an example -- may be that HE chose to buy seats that weren't ready, then he chose NOT to follow up on it to get is money back, he's not going to persuade others that he's not wrong on the matter and that it was the responsibility of others who made him fall into a situation he doesn't happen to like.

But, I rarely carry that over from one thread to another. Only JBooma is always dumb :).

See?

Nova, Just don't talk about the great steak you had on your gas grill last night.

"Charcoal-man" will give you both barrels. :laugh:

On another note. I love Art's knack for taking a flamer or troll, and articulatley undressing them in these public forum. Does he get a little long winded? maybe. But he an effective debater.

Art sucks, if anyone on this board deserves to get bashed until death with a limp pickle it's Art. He's arrogant and mean.. he made my sister cry, when he back handed her for asking him for a nickle to help feed her starving family. Art needs to be taken out and shot with rubber bullets, dipped in Troy Aikman's blood. He's a vile piece of trash that has made the world a terrible place to live. If it's bad, horrible or inhuman... It's Art..

Damn you man.

Art sucks, if anyone on this board deserves to get bashed until death with a limp pickle it's Art. He's arrogant and mean.. he made my sister cry, when he back handed her for asking him for a nickle to help feed her starving family. Art needs to be taken out and shot with rubber bullets, dipped in Troy Aikman's blood. He's a vile piece of trash that has made the world a terrible place to live. If it's bad, horrible or inhuman... It's Art..

Damn you man.

All this is true. I can't deny. Didn't mean to kick her though :).

Archived