Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I dont see all the "Is this a must win" threads...What gives?

Stew

Now being 3-0 through four weeks is awesome and all, but I thought that with a perfectly beatable Denver on our plates that I would come to the site today and see a ton of "MUST WIN!" threads. I see all of our games this season as a must win, but I see this one as more of a must win then the dallas game was. EVERYONE picked Dallas to beat us. We all had penciled in an L for that week, but it was a supposed must win because we were going into the by week and going in undefeated gave us momentum. If we would have lost, noone would have been surprised, it was Dallas at Dallas. This game is different. I see it as a must win because we are a better team then Denver, and because out of the next two games, this one is the easier of the two. I also see Denver as a team that is only as good as their QB, the exact opposite of our team who is unbeaten in the midst of a mini QB contraversy. I wanna know how everyone REALLY feels about this weeks game! :redpunch: :chug: :fortune: :broncosuc

The longer into this week we've gone, the more I'm seeing this game as winnable. I don't see it as a must win game though. If we take care of the ball and keep the penalties in check, we can win. I'm thinking this game is going to be much like the game at Pittsburgh last year that was close throughout. I do think our defense is going to have to set up the offense with some scoring chances.

Prediction-

Skins 19

Denver 16

Yup, EVERY game is a must win game. Not only for the fans but so the media can give us some credibility as well. IMHO I don't think the media will ever get off our backs, it's their job to talk **** and cause contriversy, but this will be a huge ego boost for us going into KC the next week. HTTR, keep the wins coming!

every game is a must win but I don't think this game will define our season or make us legit or not.

I've said it 10 times, we need to win 1 of the next 3 road games and beat SF at home.

Then were 5-2 heading into the Philly game at home. That is the game that will shut up all the haters. We win that and were 6-2 with a 2-1 or 3-0 divisional record, legit...

This isnt a "must win".

It is not an NFC East game.

It is not even a NFC game.

If we lose we are still 3-1. And if Philly wins then we are even w/them in the loss column. We arent trying to stage off playoff elimination or win a home game before a long road trip.

At this point I think "we" the fans want this game as much as anything we've ever wanted because the media "may" finally give us some respect if we can go to 4-0.

But lets be realistic its by no means a must-win game. Bottomline.

If this is a "must win" and we lose it then I guess its gonna be pandamonium around Redskinsland. And if the Denver game was "must win"...what would the term for the KC (if we lose)? A "really must win"?

The reason this game is a must win as much as the Dallas game.

1. In order to beat Denver we must repeat our offensive performace against Seattle, especially the 2 penalties part. If we can do that then this team will gain more confidence and we would have eliminated one of the biggest problems we had last year. Penalties

2. In order to beat Denver we must run the ball better than the Seattle game. If we do that against such a good running D then our OL has arrived and frankley KC doesn't scare me at all. They can't stop anyone that runs well. I

3. The 4-0 record will not be a fluke anymore. Hell not thats important that the Pastabellies of this world eat crow but it will make this team even more confident and more of believers that this coaching staff knows what the hell they are talking about.

4. We will beat Denver if we win the turnover battle by 2. No way Denver has the type of offense to comeback against our D if they go -2 in turnovers so we must get them anyway we can.

5. If we can win in Denver, which is one of the hardest places to play then why not in ANY place.

Yes this is a must game for us because this team needs to put the stamp on its identiy. They haven't done it yet unless winning in the last minute is the way they want to go.

Every game is a must win. Why wouldn't it be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant of the situation

Good mentality, however if you look at in perspective, the Redskins aren't going undefeated and there are games where the odds are stacked against you and you should lose. I'd personally rather lose in Denver than win this one and drop a game we should win (home vs. Oakland or SF).

That's all.

Of course, the players and all should not adopt this mentality.

This isn't a must-win. It's an out-of-conference road game against a likely playoff team. Sure I'd love a win, and I think one is possible, but this isn't a team we should clearly beat on the road.

This is going to be a very tough game. Denver's defense looks good this year. Their offense is not what it once was, however. We need to shut down their running game and make Plummer beat us. I think we can do that, but it won't be easy. On the other side of the ball we need to establish the run, something that noone has done against them this year.

I hope we win one of two games on this road trip; however, 4-2 after the San Fran game wouldn't be too shabby. That would keep us at the top of the division, I bet.

I think Denver is the harder of the two games, but it is certainly winnable.

I see this as a must win to start proving are credibility. We are 3-0 and the most disrespected team in the NFL. I have heard that we have not beaten anyone and that the first decent team we play we will lose. I want to see us beat Denver and KC. If we can do that and on the road no less than I will know that we are really back! We have been teased in the past only to crumble...Remember we were 2-0 with Spurrier coming ack from 17 down to beat Atlanta in Atlanta and then going 3-1 after beating the Pats at home. We all know aht happened then. Joe Gibbs and Spurrier should not be mentioned in the same sentence and I do believe in Joe, he is a great human being and head coach. I don't to settle for 4-2 and be happy! I remember a time back in the 80's and 90's that I expected to win and beat good teams and losing to the likes of the Eagles was an embarrasement!!! If we can beat Denver and KC no one in the league not even the jerks at ESPN can refute the fact that we will be a force!!!!

Every game is a must-win, as far as I'm concerned. No need to debate any further... :cheers:

That's the spirit! Though I disagree....I'd be perfectly happy with getting into the playoffs when all of the games are must-wins.

I think we need this one, for the respect. Not because we need it..but all the hate is getting tiresome....

I don't see this game as a must win, as long as we beat KC. I do think it is important that we play well and continue to show more improvement(especially running the ball!).

I would like to see the skins pick up at least 1 road win out of the next two (Chiefs will be tough as well) going into that San Fran game.

Granted no games are gimmies, but San Fransico at home I believe is definelty doable.

After Frisco we have a tough streach...G-men, Iggles, Bucs, Raiders, and the Chargers, ouch!

Good mentality, however if you look at in perspective, the Redskins aren't going undefeated and there are games where the odds are stacked against you and you should lose. I'd personally rather lose in Denver than win this one and drop a game we should win (home vs. Oakland or SF).

That's all.

Of course, the players and all should not adopt this mentality.

You can't go into the game thinking, Ok I need this one, but next week we really don't need that one. No Everygame is meaningful and you need to go into every game with the thought of you winning.

Now being 3-0 through four weeks is awesome and all, but I thought that with a perfectly beatable Denver on our plates that I would come to the site today and see a ton of "MUST WIN!" threads. I see all of our games this season as a must win, but I see this one as more of a must win then the dallas game was. EVERYONE picked Dallas to beat us. We all had penciled in an L for that week, but it was a supposed must win because we were going into the by week and going in undefeated gave us momentum. If we would have lost, noone would have been surprised, it was Dallas at Dallas. This game is different. I see it as a must win because we are a better team then Denver, and because out of the next two games, this one is the easier of the two. I also see Denver as a team that is only as good as their QB, the exact opposite of our team who is unbeaten in the midst of a mini QB contraversy. I wanna know how everyone REALLY feels about this weeks game! :redpunch: :chug: :fortune: :broncosuc

NFC East is a tough division. Every game is a must win if we ever want to supplant the Eagles. If we can't beat DEN, how can we beat the Eagles? If we can't beat KC, how can we beat the Eagles? etc...

That being said - for all the things being said about Denver's offense this will be a defensive struggle and time of possession and turnovers will decide.

Skins 20, Den 14

Archived