Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I dont see all the "Is this a must win" threads...What gives?

Stew

I see this as a breakout week. We started moving the ball downfield last week but we didn't yield a lot of points. I think the lid is coming off the bucket this week and we score some points and our D is going to step up and have a big game after yielding some long drives.

The reason this game is a must win as much as the Dallas game.

1. In order to beat Denver we must repeat our offensive performace against Seattle, especially the 2 penalties part. If we can do that then this team will gain more confidence and we would have eliminated one of the biggest problems we had last year. Penalties

2. In order to beat Denver we must run the ball better than the Seattle game. If we do that against such a good running D then our OL has arrived and frankley KC doesn't scare me at all. They can't stop anyone that runs well. I

3. The 4-0 record will not be a fluke anymore. Hell not thats important that the Pastabellies of this world eat crow but it will make this team even more confident and more of believers that this coaching staff knows what the hell they are talking about.

4. We will beat Denver if we win the turnover battle by 2. No way Denver has the type of offense to comeback against our D if they go -2 in turnovers so we must get them anyway we can.

5. If we can win in Denver, which is one of the hardest places to play then why not in ANY place.

Yes this is a must game for us because this team needs to put the stamp on its identiy. They haven't done it yet unless winning in the last minute is the way they want to go.

Then it's a must improve game.

If we show continued improvement but still lose....

I won't be happy happy (never happy after a Skins loss), but I certainly won't be pissed.

This isn't a must-win. It's an out-of-conference road game against a likely playoff team. Sure I'd love a win, and I think one is possible, but this isn't a team we should clearly beat on the road.

This is going to be a very tough game. Denver's defense looks good this year. Their offense is not what it once was, however. We need to shut down their running game and make Plummer beat us. I think we can do that, but it won't be easy. On the other side of the ball we need to establish the run, something that noone has done against them this year.

Yes, yes.

Out of conference road games are the only games that don't play into the tie-breakers. Obivously, the order of importance tends to go Division home, Division away, conference home, conference away, outta conference home, otta conf away.

Look, we're not going to go 16-0. We're going to lose some games. If you could actually pick your losses - these next 2 games against AFC Teams on the road are it.

However, it could be argued that these games are very important for a team that's trying to gain/maintain confidence. Personally, I think the Dallas game as the big confidence builder with the Seattle game solidifying it.

We could lose these next 2 and still be 4-2 (SF at home next) heading into the Meadowlands against a beatable Giants team. Who wouldn't have taken that when the season started?

If the Redskins think like most of the fans on this board, they will definitely lose this game to Denver. Luckily Portis is hungry to beat Denver, and if he has a breakout game, the rest of the team will believe they can beat Denver. There are only 16 games in a season, just because you've won 3 straight doesnt make the next game less significant. The only way you guarantee a playoff spot is to win your division. Who thinks Philadelphia will go less than 12-4? How good are the Giants? Everyone says the NFC is weak, but the NFC East isn't.

This IS a must win game, because if the Skins can't go into Denver, and finally force some turnovers, and finally have good running and good passing in the same game, then they probably won't win in NY and Philly. If the Skins can't beat Denver, they probably aren't good enough to make the playoffs, or deserve to be in them. Am I putting too much importance on one out of conference road game? Maybe, but wins are hard to come by and if you don't give 100% because you think you don't have to, you're putting your team in a hole.

Would I be happy looking at 3-2, with everyone looking at San Fran as a "must-win"?

I'll be saying we already failed our test.

If you were to compare the running game of the Seahawks and the Broncos, One would think that Seattle has the better running game, and we beat them. So with that said, do you think Denver will run for more yards the Seattle did?

I said it was a must win. It's a must win because although the team would still have a 3-1 record with a loss, all of the beatings that this team has taken from the media, former players and (probably) current players - it's big for the belief system going forward. The momentum from a 4-0 start would be crazy and, I think, necessary.

Of course, I'm NOT saying all is lost with a loss.

Archived