Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My 1st Post: WHO WENT TO SLEEP? (MERGED)

lovemaskins

Man, oh man! I was blown away when I found out today what happened in the fourth quarter!!! Yeah, I'm ashamed to say that I was negative about the outcome from the beginning. Even though the Skins' defense held steadfast and kept them in the game throughout, I did NOT believe the offense would come through! (I secretly hoped the defense would score some points.) I turned the game off in the beginning of the 4th quarter thinking, "some things never change." I'm a long time fan from the "over the hill gang" days and I just couldn't bear another disappointment. Shame on me for not going the distance! THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE "WHOLE" GAME! What about it? I'm wondering how many other fans missed the big come back for similar reasons?

I was standing up the entire 4th quarter in front of the TV. I started praying on the 1st touchdown, and continued through the end of the game. :D

That's hilarious. I prayed after the 1st TD too. I havent been to church in years and I prayed "please God if you let us beat these clowns tonight I swear I'm heading into church tomorrow". Gotta go meet the priest at 5.

jrfriedm,Exactly! I'd seriously like to know how many phones were ringing at the end of the game and how many Skins' fans were glad they got those "wake up" calls? A TRUE fan will do anything for the team! If I need to turn the game off to ensure wins in the future for them, I'll do it! And, I won't blast other fans for doing their own thing like some of the "so-called" fans here! It takes all kinds I guess!

Didn't turn it off. Couldn't.

When we scored to make it 13-7, I thought "Holy $hit, there's time to get the ball back! We're in this thing!"

And then, when we hit the 70 yarder, I went completely, totally nuts.

Sorry you missed it, bro.

Archived