Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My 1st Post: WHO WENT TO SLEEP? (MERGED)

lovemaskins

I'm in the Mountain Time Zone. Monday Night games start here at 7:00 PM so it was only 10:30 for me when the game ended. I was pretty disgusted through most of the 4th quarter though. I just kept hoping we'd find a way to not get shut out. Just before Brunell threw the 1st TD to Moss, I was thinking "If they give the ball up here, I'm changing the channel". After so many losses to Dallas, I've realized there is NOTHING worse than watching the Cowpukes or their fans celebrating. :puke:

Thank God Brunell and Moss and our D sent them all home miserable. :D

sleep....the only way i sleep during a Redskins game is if someone knocks me out with the hickory stick.

I went bonkers...still am going bonkers....and am going to go bonkers tonight at the Nationals game rockin my Portis jersey.

Go NATS! and drink a $7 beer for me. :cheers:

I was heartbroken for a while and even my blood pressure was so high my blood was starting to boil. Here I was sitting on the couch with my wife trying to talk to me but I never took my eyes off the screen (Except during commercials of course) I just sat there Watching, Sweating, Ignoring sourrounding sounds, and what I though was a brutal most enduring Skins vs Boys game it happened... 4th and 15.... 39 yard TD.

I immediately jumped off the couch screaming yessss while waking my 2 week old child (Future Redskin fan by the way). But then reality quickly hit and my moments of shear joy quickly were displaced by stress and slim hope.

But then lighting struck twice.... boom 70 yard TD Skins take the lead, and once again a cried out yessssss and somehow someway we held off the last dallas drive and I sat there and shed a tear of joy before retiring to my room for a great night sleep!!

Ladies and Gentlemen that there was one of the most gratifying feelings I have ever had in my entire life. This game was special... very special

I watched the entire game. I was totally disgusted for most of it. I cussed and trhew stuff at my TV. But when Taylor made the final stop I rejoiced with a couble of Ales. It took a while for me to calm down and go to sleep. I was only 10 minutes late for work (I was supposed to be here at 7:00)

I had a thought of going to bed but being the redskin fan i am i will sit and watch every game to the end. when the redskins scored the first td i kind of blew it off as a fluke and figured the football gods were teasing me, when they scored the second touchdown i sat straight up and prayed they made the extra point..i was starting to do a little dance infront of the tv then realized we are playing the cowboy's and nothing good ever happens to the skins...when they returned to ball to midfield my heart sank...i knew lady luck would frown upon us again...but when the defense man'ed up and held them i went crazy...i ran around the house singing Hail to the Redskins, jumped on the bed waking my wife up and ran back into the living room knowing this time those cowpukes werent going to win..i was up until 1:45 am watching all the post game news.

During the week I go to bed at 11:30. At this time yesterday, it was early in the fourth, the Redskins had not scored, it was 10-0. I stayed up about an extra 20 minutes in hopes of just seeing the them score. I went to bed hoping that we wouldn't be shutout.

When I got up this morning, I avoided ESPN because I wasn't sure we had even scored. As I was getting on the bus, the driver was finishing a conversation with someone else about the Redskins. The only thing I caught was "well, I'm not a Dallas fan and I'm not a Redskins fan either." Then the person he was talking to says "it was a good game." Now I'm thinking it was a good game?

At the next stop someone gets on the bus and asks the driver if he saw the game. He responds yeah they pulled it out 14-13. I'm incredulous now. I'm like, they won? As we're riding people were talking and filling in details about the win. About the two touchdowns late. About the look on Parcells face. About the look on Jerry Jones' "face" (he paid for it so I guess its his).

If I only knew, I would have definitely stayed up for that. I'm still excited though.

Up through the whole thing, actually talking in the 4th to a so called friend (hes a cowpies fan) about boonell. And told him he was lucky because if the skisn won he was getting calls all hours of the night...his response, "Well i ahve nothing to worry about the skins dont ever beat the cowboys." Then td one, and he was like just a few plays, then he said 1st down, and it was holding, had to laugh at em. Then we scored it was great, abotu 8 of my friends, his too from college, were im'ing and calling him on the phone, it was great. He said he was going to cry himself to sleep.

Awww the sweet taste of victory! haha

Ya i was standing right in front of the tv too :D jumping fist pumping yelling,

and the wife right there along with me,it was a great win.

I would be so pissed right now if i had missed it,that does not happen

very often,and most certainly not to our Redskins :point2sky

Archived