Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good News For The ‘Skins: Brunell Is Actually Right-Handed

Hooper

http://www.fantasyology.com/

Landover, MD – Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs dropped a bombshell during his weekly press conference yesterday. Coach Gibbs said that coaches have determined that veteran QB Mark Brunell is actually right-handed. Brunell, who turns 35 this year, had previously been throwing the ball with his left hand since he started playing Pee-Wee football in 1978. He earned three Pro Bowl trips while playing QB lefty for the Jaguars from 1995 to 2003.

“This is very exciting for us to learn that Mark is actually not a terrible, rag-armed, wildly-inaccurate, washed-up, left-handed signal-caller,” said Gibbs. “Now that we know that Mark is actually right-handed, we will begin helping him with the transition. The footwork and mechanics will be different for him, but I think that Mark will be able to pick things up very quickly and help lead the Redskins to the playoffs in 2005,” Gibbs said excitedly.

Upon learning the news, team owner Dan Snyder immediately gave Brunell an extra $7.4 million dollar “arm preference status change” bonus, even though neither Brunell nor his agent ever asked for it.

Said Snyder, “I knew there was something big wrong with Mark last year. I mean, he completed less than half of his passes, he threw several wobbly downfield ducks that were intercepted, and his QB rating was only 63.9.”

Gibbs now plans to give the right-handed Brunell another shot as starting QB in 2005. Patrick Ramsey will back him up, and rookie Jason Campbell will be third-string.

As a lefty myself, my first thought was, "So how is him becoming right-handed going to make him better?" And frankly I can't think of how a righty has any more advantage over a lefty, more the other way around (which is why lefties are more prized as pitchers in baseball). Oh well, nice try at humor though. :)

Actually I thought the funniest one was about Jeff Gar-thee-a. I wonder if Terrell Owens wrote it?

Garcia Feels That Harrington Is “Probably A Great Kisser”

Detroit, MI – New Detroit Lions QB Jeff Garcia told reporters yesterday that the team’s current starting QB, Joey Harrington, is “probably a great kisser.” Garcia, who played several years for the San Francisco 49ers went on to say that Harrington has made tremendous strides since the team’s May minicamp and that his muscles “look totally huge” in ultra-tight T-shirts.

Said Garcia, “Joey has that boy-next-door look about him that just makes you melt like butter when you look at him. But under that youthful exterior, you just know that a strong, sexy man is just bursting to get out.” Garcia went on to say that Harrington “knows exactly what he’s doing when he places his hands under center.”

“You know what I really like about him?” asked Garcia. “It’s the pump fake he gives in three-step drops. Well, that and his round buttocks and killer eyes that a guy could really get lost looking into. I bet he kisses like a pro,” said Garcia.

For his part, Harrington says he is flattered by all of Garcia’s praise, yet he does appear to be a little uncomfortable with the whole situation. Said Harrington, “This is off the record, but I wouldn’t drop the soap in the shower around Jeff, if you catch my drift.”

http://www.fantasyology.com/

Landover, MD – Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs dropped a bombshell during his weekly press conference yesterday. Coach Gibbs said that coaches have determined that veteran QB Mark Brunell is actually right-handed. Brunell, who turns 35 this year, had previously been throwing the ball with his left hand since he started playing Pee-Wee football in 1978. He earned three Pro Bowl trips while playing QB lefty for the Jaguars from 1995 to 2003.

“This is very exciting for us to learn that Mark is actually not a terrible, rag-armed, wildly-inaccurate, washed-up, left-handed signal-caller,” said Gibbs. “Now that we know that Mark is actually right-handed, we will begin helping him with the transition. The footwork and mechanics will be different for him, but I think that Mark will be able to pick things up very quickly and help lead the Redskins to the playoffs in 2005,” Gibbs said excitedly.

Upon learning the news, team owner Dan Snyder immediately gave Brunell an extra $7.4 million dollar “arm preference status change” bonus, even though neither Brunell nor his agent ever asked for it.

Said Snyder, “I knew there was something big wrong with Mark last year. I mean, he completed less than half of his passes, he threw several wobbly downfield ducks that were intercepted, and his QB rating was only 63.9.”

Gibbs now plans to give the right-handed Brunell another shot as starting QB in 2005. Patrick Ramsey will back him up, and rookie Jason Campbell will be third-string.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING GIBBS!?!??!?!?? this better work...and no i love gibbs, but this is just...wrong.

You are using Bonetti's defense against me.

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

No doubt you will expect me to use cappo faire against you.

I find that Tibbault cancels out cappo faire. Don't you?

Unless one has studied one's Agrippe. Which I have.

The first thing i thought of was the Princess Bride:

"You are very good," said Westley.

"Thank you," answered Zorro, "I have worked hard to become so."

"And you are indeed better than I am," Westley admitted.

"So it seems. But if that is true, then why are you smiling."

"Because, " Westley replied, "I know something you don't know"

"And what is that?" asked Zorro.

"I am not left handed." And with that, Westley deftly switched his sword to his right hand and threw himself into the battle once more.

Archived